Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS

The new zones are way to big, the og map posted was better. Pmks should be condensed into a small areas to encourage pvp

• Like 3

On 2/1/2023 at 2:38 PM, Darklords said:

d2116bf64a152be3119d8e4776ccf2c4.jpg

We expanded the borders a bit north and south but we are pretty hesitant to just only leave them incredibly tiny areas and this is about as far as we are comfortable expanding it, at least to start.  This should give pmks plenty of room to play/fight over though.

Personally I prefer the old map, PMK's add a ton of benefits default kingdoms wont have and if they want to PMK they should do so with restrictions that wont ruin the game for the rest of us noobs 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Anglomango said:

Personally I prefer the old map, PMK's add a ton of benefits default kingdoms wont have and if they want to PMK they should do so with restrictions that wont ruin the game for the rest of us noobs 

Name them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FallenKnight said:

add home servers for default kingdoms and allow make PMK where you want

I don't think home servers are necessary. The starter islands server their purpose well and are the only places where PMKs really need to be blocked from expanding. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Name them.

Well if there's no benefits for PMK's why does everyone want them? Just don't add them 👀

• Like 2
  • Cat 2

1 minute ago, Anglomango said:

Well if there's no benefits for PMK's why does everyone want them? Just don't add them 👀

People want PMKs so they can control who is in their kingdom and dictate their King rather than it being forced to RNG. It allows things like HOTA to be Kingdom based without the fear someone not in your group, but in your kingdom snipe the last HOTA to claim all the rewards, which was happening a lot with the BL civil war. It also allows for multiple groups being able to compete on the server within the own kingdom rather than there only been 3 choices, in which you have no control over as a new group. This will hopefully entice old players into joining the server and increasing the numbers and fun that can be had. However I feel like the proposed changes will not encourage many returning players back to the game like we had hoped. Forcing someone to pay to drop a PMK that restricts your movements feels a little silly. The starter towns currently have no protection without PMKs and people have been pushed back onto them, so not sure why PMKs needs to extend this safety net for wanna be PvE players. You want safety and security, go to PvE! 

31 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

People want PMKs so they can control who is in their kingdom and dictate their King rather than it being forced to RNG. It allows things like HOTA to be Kingdom based without the fear someone not in your group, but in your kingdom snipe the last HOTA to claim all the rewards, which was happening a lot with the BL civil war. It also allows for multiple groups being able to compete on the server within the own kingdom rather than there only been 3 choices, in which you have no control over as a new group. This will hopefully entice old players into joining the server and increasing the numbers and fun that can be had. However I feel like the proposed changes will not encourage many returning players back to the game like we had hoped. Forcing someone to pay to drop a PMK that restricts your movements feels a little silly. The starter towns currently have no protection without PMKs and people have been pushed back onto them, so not sure why PMKs needs to extend this safety net for wanna be PvE players. You want safety and security, go to PvE! 

I might be off the Mark a bit but as far as I can tell the main reason for people disliking the current PMK map is not being able to deed the White and Black light. JK are currently the only ones with deeds near these so maybe doing what Joemog said and increasing the no build zone around them sounds like a good idea. Recharging artefacts should not be a safe process

3 minutes ago, Anglomango said:

I might be off the Mark a bit but as far as I can tell the main reason for people disliking the current PMK map is not being able to deed the White and Black light. JK are currently the only ones with deeds near these so maybe doing what Joemog said and increasing the no build zone around them sounds like a good idea. Recharging artefacts should not be a safe process

That is one of the points for sure! Why should temple kingdoms be able to deed them but not PMKs?

I must have missed Jomogs point, but if he said make it a no build zone I would agree 100%... Make them no build zones.

There is also the fact they have restrictions period, why give a PMK you pay for a restriction when the temple kingdoms can deed anywhere, makes no sense. That's what the starter islands are for

Edited by Pnutp

4 hours ago, feldoh said:

The new zones are way to big, the og map posted was better. Pmks should be condensed into a small areas to encourage pvp

if you want pvp you'd be asking for a new map that isn't the size of russia with 12 people playing on it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, platinumteef said:

if you want pvp you'd be asking for a new map that isn't the size of russia with 12 people playing on it

Russia's area is 6.602 million mi². Defiance's area is 4096 km².

Edited by Melros
Formatting
  • Like 1

So awhile back the whole jk group suggested the middle of the map should have the deeds removed to implement some hold hota idea. I really like the current hota, but the idea of removing all maps in the middle of the map is great, and since you are children of the stars i put a star in the middle of the map. Is this roughly the area you wanted to be no build zones?

mGssLM8.png

Edited by feldoh
  • Like 4

On 2/2/2023 at 9:24 AM, platinumteef said:

maybe now is a good time to figure out why all of the experienced players outside of one group in JK are living on starter island deeds and work from there

all reward no risk? sounds like a great design, lets further that by restricting pmks? idk, doesn't sound great

Revenant doesn't count?

3 hours ago, Omar said:

.ztD6XI2.png

The black boxes would be where its restricted in this example then?

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 4:33 AM, Sinnjinn said:

Any chance of letting kingdoms ally with each other?  My idea is something much less formal and less mechanically structured then deed alliances.

1) a 1 to 1 alliance.  Kingdom A is allied with both Kingdom B and Kingdom C, but Kingdom's B and C are not allied to each other (unless they want to be).  So you're not forced to be allied with everybody your ally is allied to.

2) being in an alliance only changes the highlight color of it's players.   Right now, enemies are red, people in your deed/alliance are green, people in your kingdom you're not allied with are blue.  I suggest making a new highlight color, maybe yellow?  and kingdom allies would highlight this color.  That's it.  Nothing more.  No chat tabs, no cross kingdom beneficial spells.  Why include this?  I think it would be great if the smaller, weaker kingdoms could gang up on the stronger kingdoms, help in raids and stuff.  They can do this now, but when everybody highlights red I imagine it will be difficult to tell who's who in the heat of battle.  A simple color change would alleviate this.

Alliances were removed quite a while back due to borderline exploiting of the system in someones opionion, basically paying for extra titles and benefits. They were also really clunky so would need a lot of tweaking if bringing back.

On 2/3/2023 at 5:58 AM, FallenKnight said:

add home servers for default kingdoms and allow make PMK where you want

This is Epic already and and caused more issues than it solved, it didn't work to make Epic fun so its not going to save Defiance either.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Darklords said:

Yep, sorry i was being lazy 😛  

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Darklords said:

Tis is exactly what Pukaria suggested earlier in the thread, except a little neater. I still don't think they need to be restricted anymore than the starter islands, but its a better compromise....  

4249a2a1f51fedb132086c8eed317da9.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pnutp said:

Tis is exactly what Pukaria suggested earlier in the thread, except a little neater. I still don't think they need to be restricted anymore than the starter islands, but its a better compromise....  

Your map has to little mainland for BL and JK.    

My map is to rough, the areas could be a little smaller too.

25 minutes ago, Omar said:

Your map has to little mainland for BL and JK.    

My map is to rough, the areas could be a little smaller too.

Yeah I agree, Something like that would be much better than the proposed changes imo.

I kinda wish that the mainland segments could follow the terrain rather than just being squares, but I appreciate that's not easy to achieve. 

It's worth remembering that even if a PMK can't build towers somewhere, they could still bash enemy towers and roam there a lot, effectively denying the default kingdom the terrain. Its not like any kingdom would ever realistically climb to more than about 20-25% server control, anyway.

19 hours ago, Firecat said:

lets get a better map 😆

+1 new map i think would be the ideal way to go, Defiance is due for a reset in my honest opinion

• Like 1

On a serious note I believe that working PMK's in to an existing arrangement will only lead to problems (like these stipulated restrictions), you are probably better off making a new map, making an event of it and also adding PMK's in, that way you can at the VERY least ensure that it is balanced rather than just another band aid patch on this current map. It'd also mean players are more likely to return - more profit for CodeClub. Which makes the most sense right?#

Big up to @Omar's suggestion HERE:

New map +1 or follow the above suggestion thread.

@Darklords

• Like 5