Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS

9 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

Any chance of letting kingdoms ally with each other?  My idea is something much less formal and less mechanically structured then deed alliances.

1) a 1 to 1 alliance.  Kingdom A is allied with both Kingdom B and Kingdom C, but Kingdom's B and C are not allied to each other (unless they want to be).  So you're not forced to be allied with everybody your ally is allied to.

2) being in an alliance only changes the highlight color of it's players.   Right now, enemies are red, people in your deed/alliance are green, people in your kingdom you're not allied with are blue.  I suggest making a new highlight color, maybe yellow?  and kingdom allies would highlight this color.  That's it.  Nothing more.  No chat tabs, no cross kingdom beneficial spells.  Why include this?  I think it would be great if the smaller, weaker kingdoms could gang up on the stronger kingdoms, help in raids and stuff.  They can do this now, but when everybody highlights red I imagine it will be difficult to tell who's who in the heat of battle.  A simple color change would alleviate this.

Maybe have an option where people on your friends list can be displayed purple or something.  Being aware of you’re who attacking is on the player, not the mechanics. Just form a single group if you want to form a bunch of alliances.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pukaria said:

Why will template kingdoms have a crown at all after PMKs are released? Epic home servers didn't have crowns.

becuase Darklords has stated multiple times they want to keep the template kingdoms relevant.  

5 hours ago, Darklords said:

d2116bf64a152be3119d8e4776ccf2c4.jpg

We expanded the borders a bit north and south but we are pretty hesitant to just only leave them incredibly tiny areas and this is about as far as we are comfortable expanding it, at least to start.  This should give pmks plenty of room to play/fight over though.

I understand the viewpoint of protecting the starter kingdoms.  Without going into server politics; the incentives aren’t too strong to convince an established group into PMKing.  The financial cost will be huge for a group to make the transition. If I want to PMK and keep my existing 5x5 shitter deed in the middle of the map, it would require bashing 8 unbashable same-kingdom towers unless they are deeded over.  That’s 8 alts with 21 body STR and 8 deeds if they were to be bashed in a timely manner.

Some may say, “that’s the price of PMKing” and I would reply “then not gonna PMK” while still reaping the the ability of having the crown, placing offensive/defensive deeds that aren’t zone locked(Real estate pvp).  For my group, there is nothing to lose by staying as a template kingdom while being able to place deeds anywhere and push people back to starter(while being able to deed on or outside starter!).

If PMKs are chopped at the knees from the start then at least give some incentive from a financial and real estate aspect to make it viable for groups to re-establish in the PMK zone.  Like redoing the boundaries, wiping towers in that zone,  making same-kingdom towers initially easier to bash, reduced deed upkeep like starter island deeds, and drastically reducing the cost to PMK.

PMKs overall seem like a welcome thing for the majority on Defiance, but the path of getting there feels like stepping on nails in the dark.

Edited by DADLER
  • Like 3

It would seem that people are assuming we are trying to negotiate for own benefit. Please can I highlight the current situation, as of right now on Defiance. I am open to debate on the situation and would welcome the challenge but the below highlighted map is what we currently have full control over as the template JK kingdom. People are saying its all about JK, but if that's the case please explain what the benefit of us giving up this land would be? I want to see an active PvP server, I want to see fights for lands. The only PvP has come from us expanding and pushing war deeds to create PvP. The proposed changes would eliminate all of that

71f4d2823d41062bb93dfe01a8c12cc5.png

Edited by Pnutp

maybe now is a good time to figure out why all of the experienced players outside of one group in JK are living on starter island deeds and work from there

all reward no risk? sounds like a great design, lets further that by restricting pmks? idk, doesn't sound great

• Like 5

Can we not forget about having 2% land for all the benefits of a PMK when it comes to titles?

Also consider how many towers you'd need to build. the fact that you are blocked and you cannot building within x amount of tiles of another kingdom. with that area, you'll at most get like 2 "MAYBE" 3 PMK's. in order for someone to get to the 2% you need well over 10 towers closer to 20-25. if they're littered you're basically fighting another pmk for towers. but now you can bring up the point of base kingdoms getting those benefits with no risk of towers and all the rewards... yet again.

Edited by Carmichael
  • Like 4

Another classic case of WO devs not listening. 2nd issue that map that heavily screws HoTS over. You literally landlocked us from starter island.

3 minutes ago, Deltadoggg said:

Another classic case of WO devs not listening. 2nd issue that map that heavily screws HoTS over. You literally landlocked us from starter island.

Template kingdoms can still build in the PMK zone….HOTS isn’t restricted

Just now, DADLER said:

Template kingdoms can still build in the PMK zone….HOTS isn’t restricted

We're restricted if someone decides to build on that border though, that's where I'm trying to get at

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deltadoggg said:

We're restricted if someone decides to build on that border though, that's where I'm trying to get at

Don’t think I understand what you’re saying sorry.  Do you plan on PMKing?

1 minute ago, DADLER said:

Don’t think I understand what you’re saying sorry.  Do you plan on PMKing?

No

Just now, Deltadoggg said:

No

So how is HOTS being land locked with the PMK zone?  When they can currently be “land locked” by JK or MR? I don’t understand your point 

not like the starter islands are alleady a super safe zone with the stuff u can do by back to back deeding and the raid timers, why would they need even more protection lol

Edited by oOspeedstylerOo

If you remove raid timers, I'm all about the PMK zone then, also let people be able to drain disband deeds on starter islands.

For starter island deeds also make drains double or triple since it's a "safe zone"

Edited by Carmichael
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Pnutp said:

It would seem that people are assuming we are trying to negotiate for own benefit. Please can I highlight the current situation, as of right now on Defiance. I am open to debate on the situation and would welcome the challenge but the below highlighted map is what we currently have full control over as the template JK kingdom. People are saying its all about JK, but if that's the case please explain what the benefit of us giving up this land would be? I want to see an active PvP server, I want to see fights for lands. The only PvP has come from us expanding and pushing war deeds to create PvP. The proposed changes would eliminate all of that

71f4d2823d41062bb93dfe01a8c12cc5.png

That is because you want PMKs so that you can fight people within your own Kingdom that you don’t get along with. So all of this is for your own benefit. It has nothing to do with anything other than that. This has always been the push of JK to force things in Defiance for themselves versus what others want. #Provemewrong

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

10 minutes ago, BattleWall said:

That is because you want PMKs so that you can fight people within your own Kingdom that you don’t get along with. So all of this is for your own benefit. It has nothing to do with anything other than that. This has always been the push of JK to force things in Defiance for themselves versus what others want. #Provemewrong

Ok I'm convinced.  -1 to PMKs.  It sounds like this guy plays extensively on PVP.

• Cat 1

7 minutes ago, BattleWall said:

1) I don't understand why you are commenting on a pvp oriented post when I have never seen you there. Says you're bl but where were you when they were raiding/being raided. 

2)The topic is about PMKS therefor we are talking about PMKS.

3)This doesn't benefit just JK nor is it them forcing anything. I'm sorry that JK is the most pvp active kingdom therefore we are more passionate about the game we play?

4) PMKS are for everyone not just the core JK group. Everyone on defiance wanted PMKS from the get-go but the devs would not allow it and this suggested idea doesn't benefit anyone whom wants to engage in pvp on the server. 

1 hour ago, BattleWall said:

Sorry you've had bad experiences being farmed on the Pvp server.  Though this really isn't the time nor place for Kingdom vs Kingdom drama.  If you have something creative to add then say it.  Gaslighting a group that you dislike over personal reasons isn't contributive nor wanted in any form.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KarlFranz said:

Sorry you've had bad experiences being farmed on the Pvp server.  Though this really isn't the time nor place for Kingdom vs Kingdom drama.  If you have something creative to add then say it.  Gaslighting a group that you dislike over personal reasons isn't contributive nor wanted in any form.

I've only died twice on Defiance. I wouldn't classify that as being farmed. if you go back to the beginning of this thread he was arguing about the fact that he can't fight within his own kingdom. But the only players complaining about this are JK. JK is also the most vocal on the forums and it does not speak for everyone on Defiance. I think the Developers need to tread lightly with caving in on all of the complaints here. Stick with what they have proposed thus far or just don't implement them at all.

Edited by BattleWall
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BattleWall said:

I've only died twice on Defiance. I wouldn't classify that as being farmed. if you go back to the beginning of this thread he was arguing about the fact that he can't fight within his own kingdom. But the only players complaining about this are JK. JK is also the most vocal on the forums and it does not speak for everyone on Defiance. I think the Developers need to tread lightly with caving in on all of the complaints here. Stick with what they have proposed thus far or just don't implement them at all.

If you read the replies, most people support PMKs but not a tower wipe.  A big reason for PMKs, among many, was the influx of support tickets due to interkingdom fighting, which tells me it's probably not intended in the eyes of the staff unless you're HOTS.  This would be a long-term solution to that. As you can see, public discussion is mostly good, as everyone can discuss the pros and cons of PMKs on a mechanics level.  Public discussion can be bad if people come into it with emotion ;) .  Not sure why you try to bring server politics into the mechanics of implementing PMKs with your limited hours on Defiance.  The strongest JK group would take the biggest hit if they were to PMK so I don't see how that would benefit them.  It seems like you're parroting a very uninformed opinion or someone else's.

Edited by DADLER
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DADLER said:

If you read the replies, most people support PMKs but not a tower wipe.  A big reason for PMKs was due to the influx of support tickets due to interkingdom fighting, which tells me it's probably not intended in the eyes of the staff unless you're HOTS.  This would be a long-term solution to that. As you can see, public discussion is mostly good, as everyone can discuss the pros and cons of PMKs on a mechanics level.  Public discussion can be bad if people come into it with emotion ;) .  Not sure why you try to bring server politics into the mechanics of implementing PMKs with your limited hours on Defiance.  The strongest JK group would take the biggest hit if they were to PMK so I don't see how that would benefit them.  It seems like you're parroting a very uninformed opinion or someone else's.

Most replies in this thread are from the JK group. If you look at it. I'm just saying the vocal minority here in this thread cannot speak for everyone else. So of course when someone like myself wants to point out some of the things that were mentioned early on in the thread I'm the uninformed one. I am not saying no PMK's on Defiance. I'm just saying I don't think we should give everyone all the bones they want in this thread because they are the most vocal. 

The restricted zone for the PMK's is good. Every change to the game is going to have its pros and cons. 

My opinion is my own. Every person is entitled to one. But from my point of view this thread has more JK players than any other kingdom trying to get things changed. It has nothing to do about in-game politics. It's just stating the facts that JK is being the most vocal about this and they were the same group who were posting all the time trying to get them implemented to begin with.

Defiance map does not feel suitable for PMKs gameplay..

• Like 3

yaszWnD.png

Thoughts on this?

Allow PMKin anywhere not within the red squares. Not set in stone just a rough template.

@Darklords

Edited by hemrzz
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, hemrzz said:

yaszWnD.png

Thoughts on this?

Allow PMKin anywhere not within the red squares. Not set in stone just a rough template.

@Darklords

He's already saying no to Puk's map which is even more restrictive than this 

10 hours ago, BattleWall said:

If you had any idea of the current PvP situation we are way beyond our civil war. Again if you knew anything about PvP you would also know that MR have recently gone through a civil war. Now as someone who is in HOTS you wouldn't understand that the biggest civil war this server has seen came in BL. That's ok for them as the mechanics allow for it. Civil war has NO point in the thread at all. If you read my post, the current restrictions mean we have 0 reason to PMK, it would only be detrimental to our current position. As it stands with our current position it would only leave space for a MAXIUM of 3 PMKs and even then they are not going to last... Do we really need to drive EVERY account back to the starter to prove our point? How is that good for a PvP server? We want balance and opportunity to fight for land to exist. You cant even argue that point. BL try to push a war deed with no dirt walls with 14 accounts v 7 and they totally wiped a local from their capital! Please learn the mechanics and understand this is a want to better the server and create balanced PvP, the proposed map change does NOT allow for that.

• Like 3