Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS

15 minutes ago, Joemog said:

What do you think the accounts over in BL look like?

I'm guessing this has more to do with you spending god knows how many thousands of euros on your SFI character than anything else lol

Your points are irrelevant and false.

Defiance has opportunities to skill even faster than SFI and Wurm is a small game that shouldn't fracture its even smaller PvP community across too many servers.

Wipe the map and open the Defiance Portal to all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

Your points are irrelevant and false.

Defiance has opportunities to skill even faster than SFI and Wurm is a small game that shouldn't fracture its even smaller PvP community across too many servers.

Wipe the map and open the Defiance Portal to all.

Whats false about it? Did you have any arguments? Sure wipe whole server now you guys want to be BL kingdom.

Lets look at the skill upload site. Top 50 almost starts on SFI where it ends NFI.

KBGB6X5.png

TAKE  the politics out of all of it..

id prefer toi be playing on a popping server then posting here about how to improve the server.

i think SFI and NFI being able to reach Defiance is a great idea... 

take away the tomes and SOTG would be a must though. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Lets look at the skill upload site. Top 50 almost starts on SFI where it ends NFI.

Again you have no point. Anyone playing PvP knows most PvPers don't upload their skills publicly. You can't compare the publicly uploaded accounts from SFI and NFI and draw PvP conclusions from it.

Notice you're not on there yourself?

Over 20 active people and only 3 have uploaded.

Spoiler

[13:13:41] Mino slain by Deimo, Duriel, Friede, Pukaria, Rockmodd, Nieustraszony
[13:35:51] Anglomango slain by Duriel, Friede, Pukaria, Rockmodd, Breakfastbergur
[13:36:40] Sinnjinn slain by Deimo, Duriel, Friede, Rockmodd, Nieustraszony, Pukaria, Breakfastbergur
[13:36:56] Bowser slain by Deimo, Duriel, Rockmodd, Pukaria, Friede, Breakfastbergur
[13:39:47] Twig slain by Deimo, Duriel, Friede, Pukaria, Rockmodd, Nieustraszony, Breakfastbergur
[13:40:10] Otiz slain by Deimo, Duriel, Friede, Nieustraszony, Breakfastbergur
[13:40:29] Drekrendir slain by Deimo, Duriel, Nieustraszony, Friede, Breakfastbergur
[13:41:27] Kinshar slain by Deimo, Duriel, Friede, Nieustraszony, Breakfastbergur
[13:43:05] Arvihu slain by Deimo, Duriel, Friede, Nieustraszony, Breakfastbergur
[13:44:43] Zzzomar slain by Deimo, Duriel, Nieustraszony, Friede, Breakfastbergur
[13:44:54] Jula slain by Deimo, Duriel, Friede, Nieustraszony, Breakfastbergur
[13:45:27] Ism slain by Deimo, Duriel, Nieustraszony, Friede, Breakfastbergur
[13:45:59] Spikey slain by Deimo, Duriel, Friede, Nieustraszony, Breakfastbergur
[13:46:32] Skullcleaver slain by Deimo, Duriel, Nieustraszony, Friede, Breakfastbergur

Edited by Pukaria
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

Again you have no point. Anyone playing PvP knows most PvPers don't upload their skills publicly. You can't compare the publicly uploaded accounts from SFI and NFI and draw PvP conclusions from it.

Notice you're not on there yourself?

While you have zero arguments at all?

You think its no indication about how skilled people are on the clusters? SFI is 17 years of various windows of opportunities. I remember grinding a character to 50 lockpicking in a day back on Wild. I'm sure theres plenty missing from both NFI and SFI on the update but the difference is clear to anyone.

10 minutes ago, Joemog said:

You think its no indication about how skilled people are on the clusters? SFI is 17 years of various windows of opportunities. I remember grinding a character to 50 lockpicking in a day back on Wild. I'm sure theres plenty missing from both NFI and SFI on the update but the difference is clear to anyone.

Defiance already nixed the actual gamebreaking things like meditation paths, salves, and tomes. The skillgap isn't great enough to justify keeping the populations separate anymore. Public uploads from mostly Freedom accounts doesn't prove anything. I never played SFI, I don't love grinding, and I'm still not worried about beefy SFI characters coming to play with us. The more the merrier!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Joemog said:

SFI is 17 years of various windows of opportunities.

got an example of any of them come anywhere close to caffeine with double fatigue that nfi has? 50 lp was doable in a day with caffeine too

out of that entire list the only purchased accs in it that pvp (barely) are xrumx and dridmar, and i guess silakka if you ignore the fact that if i grinded a new acc itd be #2 instead of #1, most of the bought accs never grinded and barely hit the average on nfi. that'd be something the devs would have to check the numbers on, and characteristics balancing needing some work would be the same on either cluster as there's more active 75+ str toons on defiance than there is on chaos lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joemog said:

I think it's also missing the point a little to focus on the most OP accounts on SFI. Very, very few people have played for even 10 years solidly, and the Wurmnode stats skew towards only showing a handful of the most hardcore players who have played the most, know about Wurmnode and are likely to upload there. While it's true that merging would add a few more very strong accounts to Defiance, there are also plenty of less strong (weak?) players ready to jump in who would get added. I used to PvP back on Chaos between 2013 and 2015, my account was mediocre back then and is even more mediocre by modern Defiance/Chaos standards, with 76 FS and less than 50 in body stats. But also, I really miss active PvP communities and would jump back in if Defiance was opened up to SFI and active.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't buy the myth that SFI is some terrifying hoarde of incredibly strong accounts who would instantly dominate Defiance as soon as the merge finally happens. Most of the currently active SFI players have pretty run of the mill accounts, especially now that NFI accounts can be upto almost 3 years old (and in the time of caffeine, food affinities and much better grinding knowledge, meaning people skill up way, way faster than we did back in ye olden days.) In fact, in my own alliance here on Indy, almost all of the currently active players have only been playing for a few months/years, not 17 years of solid grinding as you claim.

tl;dr used to PvP, I miss it, please can we have a single good community again

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 5

I think its no secret that on average BL have weaker accounts compared to JK probably because we're so wholesome and noob friendly ;) but most people I know think allowing SFI accounts to join and play on Defiance is a good idea, more people = more fun. Just make the body stat curve steeper so someone with 90 body stats aren't a god compared to someone with 50.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anglomango said:

I think its no secret that on average BL have weaker accounts compared to JK probably because we're so wholesome and noob friendly ;) but most people I know think allowing SFI accounts to join and play on Defiance is a good idea, more people = more fun. Just make the body stat curve steeper so someone with 90 body stats aren't a god compared to someone with 50.

I want PvP to be approachable for people, but it's a fine line.

One of the places Wurm really shines is rewarding you for getting your skills up; most skills have more than 1 benefit to gaining levels.

If I spent the unholy amount of time required to get to 90 body strength, I'd be super upset if I didn't have a pretty steep advantage over someone with 50. It's more than twice the time spent.

If you're too harsh taking away the rewards for playing the game, you take away most of the point of playing.

• Like 2

I'm all for combining SFI and NFI PvPers together. I think keeping Freedom care bears separate would be best though.

Definitely some characters would be stacked but numbers still overwhelm a stacked account, as we have seen before. Many ways of dealing with a stacked account. So honestly yea, the more PvPers the better (In my opinion)

1 hour ago, Deltadoggg said:

I'm all for combining SFI and NFI PvPers together. I think keeping Freedom care bears separate would be best though.

Definitely some characters would be stacked but numbers still overwhelm a stacked account, as we have seen before. Many ways of dealing with a stacked account. So honestly yea, the more PvPers the better (In my opinion)

The lack of item transfer to and from Defiance is a big factor in why I prefer it to other PvP servers. Perhaps there could be a system to one-way transfer some cosmetic items and PMK items over to Freedom so that people can enjoy them there or sell them to collectors. I would hate it if people were able to mass import dirt or other resources from PvE safe zones.

Any chance of allowing SFI to come play on defiance?@Darklords

No items / Tomes etc same thing when you transfer from NFI to Def?

54 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Later today

Great news!!

Will we also have something roughly laid out for how PMKing will work? As far as I'm aware, this will be the first time PMKs are enabled years into a server launch, which might cause some unique challenges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pukaria said:

Great news!!

Will we also have something roughly laid out for how PMKing will work? As far as I'm aware, this will be the first time PMKs are enabled years into a server launch, which might cause some unique challenges.

PMKs were enabled a long, long time after Chaos launched. It wont be a new experience. Most likely the default kingdoms will be severely disrupted. Its a shame that the map has 3 starter zones because it would work better for PMKs if there were just two starter islands and two default kingdoms (BL and WL) with the respective great altars on each and those starter islands set as the only places PMKs cannot expand.

Edited by Ols

@DarklordsAny chance the Artifacts could be put back at 90QL to match other servers now the server is more developed?

• Like 2

We do just be askin darklords all the questions in this thread. @Darklordshow was you day bud?

Edited by Melros

d2116bf64a152be3119d8e4776ccf2c4.jpg

We expanded the borders a bit north and south but we are pretty hesitant to just only leave them incredibly tiny areas and this is about as far as we are comfortable expanding it, at least to start.  This should give pmks plenty of room to play/fight over though.

22 hours ago, Ols said:

PMKs were enabled a long, long time after Chaos launched. It wont be a new experience. Most likely the default kingdoms will be severely disrupted. Its a shame that the map has 3 starter zones because it would work better for PMKs if there were just two starter islands and two default kingdoms (BL and WL) with the respective great altars on each and those starter islands set as the only places PMKs cannot expand.

My understanding is that the situation is still a bit unique, since on Chaos you can sail from Freedom and build a Freedom tower, then convert to a PMK.

Since we portal to Defiance, there's talk of either needing to chain influence from starter and/or bash towers to remove influence, and then PMK. But of course if the towers are of our own pre-PMK kingdom, we can't bash them (except the builder, but at this point there are many towers built by inactive players). This is why to me it seems a tower wipe or even map wipe would be timely when implementing PMKs.

2 minutes ago, Darklords said:

d2116bf64a152be3119d8e4776ccf2c4.jpg

We expanded the borders a bit north and south but we are pretty hesitant to just only leave them incredibly tiny areas and this is about as far as we are comfortable expanding it, at least to start.  This should give pmks plenty of room to play/fight over though.

No PMKs by Black Light and White Light, but people can stay in the starter kingdoms and deed the lights?

2 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

No PMKs by Black Light and White Light, but people can stay in the starter kingdoms and deed the lights?

PMK's offer full control over a kingdom, that is just a trade off your always more then free to stay in one of the base kingdoms. You can always bash the lights to move them also.

• Like 1

Kind of seems like we're restricting player freedom with no real benefit to the gameplay itself. Pushing motivation for people to play in dysfunctional kingdoms due to map control opportunities and fueling future grievances of "well youre base kingdom so you have the advantage" griping for the years to come.

• Like 1