Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS

11 hours ago, Pnutp said:

We were not out played by anyone other than game mechanics, it has now been put in a position you need to PvP for it on a PvP server. We have no advantage over anyone else. 

It is laughable that you consider the current situation where "you need to PvP for it on a PvP server" but when a group of only 3 people set up defenses against your 10+ it somehow isn't?  You weren't screwed by game mechanics, which by the way are the same exact mechanics Trash used to get king (did you complain about it then?) you were out played.  Seems to me you guys attacking only 3 people behind some defenses would have been great fun, but you guys are only interested in being bullies and thugs.  How many newbs have you guys killed now from your starter island deed?

21 hours ago, BattleWall said:

From my view looking at the timing of this issue and when it came up after a couple of individuals were banned. The dominating group losing their "TOP" guy and then getting things their way. This is a campaign run by one group of individuals to benefit themselves and no one else. If we are going to make these changes why not be transparent on to the actual reasons the individuals were banned in the first place which obviously sparked this current need to address PMK's. I myself do play on PvP from time to time and I would rather the kingdoms stay as is. If you cant get along maybe it's time for you to change your faction so you can kill whoever it is you want to kill. No ones forcing you to stay in JK. It's hard as it is that not many wurm players even play on the PvP servers let alone look at the fourms to give their feedback. Saying that everyone or the majority or players want it is just putting words in peoples mouths that don't speak here.

Obviously when it comes to this decision one group or another is going to be upset Anti-PMK or the Pro-PMK groups. Why not focus on the NFI and SFI merge instead and allow those that want to have a PMK go to Chaos and duke it out over there rather then change the dynamics on Defiance.

I Stayed away from Defiance for a long time because I didn't think I'd have any fun.  JK main are, as a group, the most toxic people I know.  MR is like joining a little league team, with their own special brand of toxicity, and BL just always seemed a little too restrictive with having to follow Libila.  So why are those my only choices in a SANDBOX game?

PMK's allow me to make sure I'm only fighting next to people I like and trust,  If you don't want to be in a PMK, you don't have to....but why do I have to be in a template kingdom with people I really don't want to play the game with?

I just don't like how they are only really being talked about now because they are wanted by JK main, but they will make Defiance a better place to play

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sinnjinn said:

It is laughable that you consider the current situation where "you need to PvP for it on a PvP server" but when a group of only 3 people set up defenses against your 10+ it somehow isn't?  You weren't screwed by game mechanics, which by the way are the same exact mechanics Trash used to get king (did you complain about it then?) you were out played.  Seems to me you guys attacking only 3 people behind some defenses would have been great fun, but you guys are only interested in being bullies and thugs.  How many newbs have you guys killed now from your starter island deed?

I didn’t know you were around on Defiance back then to have such a strong and accurate recollection of events surrounding Trash getting king.  I don’t even think Pnut played when Trash got king.

What do you think the biggest difference was back then compared to now?

here’s a hint:  it’s a big reason why this thread was made

I’ll wait :) 

Edited by DADLER
THE HINT
  • Like 3

While Dadler is waiting...

I like the idea with PMK`s. It will be something new for me and I am curious. No idea if it will really help to solve issues. In Bl its allowed to fight each others and still there where big issues with the two groups. But I hope that there could be more pvp as there are more smaller groups. On the other sides we have perhaps more possibilities to interact political with the other kingdoms. I know that there was an issue in BL if we should join with MR or not against JK. Some ppl were strictly against, other for it. Things like these could be solved more easily in smaller groups. 

• Like 4

On 12/8/2022 at 11:31 PM, Drayka said:

I'm not casting a vote either way, as I have no idea what it would actually look like if implemented, and I'm not signing up for a pig in a poke that everyone ends up complaining about not being what they thought it would be.

Let me know when this is actually on Test Server and we can go look at how the mechanics would work and what it would mean for us personally, and can officially give feedback on these PROPOSED changes.

Why are we voting for or against the live server being randomly changed to a completely different political system, without knowing what that would actually mean for us?

This has been tried and tested for several years on Chaos and Epic, both of which are live servers, so this isn't needed to test.

• Like 5

There is no reason for it not to. Not only does it allow personality into the game. There is nothing like saying "I used to be in xxx back in the day" along with the added fact of smaller groups with alot more action. I do though believe there needs to be a better statement on kingdoms working together then before as on defiance the cr bonus means a hell of alot. 

• Like 2

IMO, should have been on the road map from the get-go and enabled on Defiance early days, would have loved to have seen many more groups enjoying the game and duking it out on the regular.

I’m positively sure player retention would have been significantly higher given the long history of disdain between rival players and groups, expecting them to come together amicably was a folly.

But I guess better late than never right, might even tempt some players back, you never know… At the very least make the remaining player experience less grating and more enjoyable.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Long live the King! 

😉

• Like 3

+1

6 hours ago, Middi said:

IMO, should have been on the road map from the get-go and enabled on Defiance early days

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 12:13 AM, feldoh said:

Bl can’t drain same kingdom deed tokens how is same kingdom pvp any more enabled for us? Pmks should have been added  3 months after launch. But again some grouped sure do seem have their voice heard louder. Was not long ago same group said the bl capital should be removed for hota and now sits there themself. 🙄 And why should jk get the luxury of not having to challenge rulers no longer logging in?

He was banned. it wasnt that he no longer logged in.

So after he implements pmks and there is one made, it will be the same as it is now, except MR/BL AND JK will be pushed to there respective starters while the pmk has all the land everywhere else 😜

Will Starter islands ever start to yield sleep powders? Or that's also luxury of mainland kingdoms?

-1 to PMKs as it’s only going to benefit a group of players and not me.  -1

On 12/13/2022 at 1:49 AM, Ism said:

Will Starter islands ever start to yield sleep powders? Or that's also luxury of mainland kingdoms?

U can already lol its always been a thing.

On 12/10/2022 at 12:44 AM, Pnutp said:

If we were to swap to BL as a group you wouldn't have a kingdom or a king within 2 months. BL mechanics allow for the inter kingdom fighting and raids, unlike WL,

BL can't drain BL, mines are fairly invulnerable, good luck with that.   BL still have some broken 'steal' restrictions not everything is FFA like it is on Epic.   The WL reputation system is broken.     You haven't played an awful lot on Defiance.

+1 to PMKs
-1 to tower reset or tower limit   lol 

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 7:53 AM, DADLER said:

Game was founded in 2006.  I think MR was added 2007/2008 so you gotta ask Rolf on that one buddy.  Getting philosophical here wont address the issue at hand.

The default kingdom is MR so technically they have been in since the start.   But yeah lets stay on topic like you asked 3 pages back but didn't 🤣

there will be groups of player for and against anything that is done so why not put my contrversal idea in and say keep defiance the way it is and give the nfi a chaos  like server with pmk

I think there should really just be a binary WL vs. BL setup with people free to set up competing alliances within that framework. Remove the penalties for WLers fighting people of the same kingdom provided that they are not from the same alliance. I'd be minded to say that alliances within the same alignment should allowed to declare war or make peace with one another at will, but BL alliances should always be hostile to WL ones. 

One island could function as a BL sanctuary where intra-kingdom PvP is penalised or prevented, and conversely one island could be the WL sanctuary on the same basis. I get that this would entail new code being added but I think it might better address issues of most/all default kingdoms being pushed back to starter and totally marginalised by PMKs. A new player with no village arriving on Defiance would then be neutral to an alliance of the same alignment rather than hostile.

• Like 3

[13:34:41] 136 other players are online. You are on Defiance (715 totally in Wurm).

What is the ETA for PMKs again??? 😅

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pukaria said:

[13:34:41] 136 other players are online. You are on Defiance (715 totally in Wurm).

What is the ETA for PMKs again??? 😅

They gonna add them in same patch with the clusters merger :)

On 1/24/2023 at 1:33 AM, Cipacadrinho said:

They gonna add them in same patch with the clusters merger :)

I hope they never merge clusters myself. But letting everyone portal to Defiance would be cool!!!

Actually maybe they could apply that to Freedom as well. It's really just all the items on SFI I don't want making their way over here. Going by portal fixes most (all?) issues.

6 hours ago, Pukaria said:

I hope they never merge clusters myself. But letting everyone portal to Defiance would be cool!!!

Actually maybe they could apply that to Freedom as well. It's really just all the items on SFI I don't want making their way over here. Going by portal fixes most (all?) issues.

Yeah, accounts here are good enough that it doesn't matter anymore. Just block item transfer and its good. PvP portals should let you choose between Defiance, NFI, SFI and Epic.

• Like 2

Wanted to copy this over for any discussion/feedback on it.

Defiance Player Made Kingdoms (PMK)

In PvP News we will be enabling PMKs on Defiance soon along with the Holy Sites update in February.  This will come along with some restrictions on them to keep base kingdoms viable and not overrun by the new kingdoms.

• You will only be able to make/expand PMK influence on the center most strip of land shown below.
  • Any tiles outside of this zone will not allow towers or villages from player kingdoms to be placed.
  • Normal kingdoms may expand into the PMK zone, but once you have founded a PMK you will not be able to expand outside this area.
  • This area provides no other benefits/penalties other than blocking expansion outside it for PMKs.

defiance_pmk_map

• Cat 1