Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS

Ok lets try this.
Shinso will you stop attacking us if PMK's release, we're staying.

If someone wants to drop a PMK in 2 years they won't get a tower wipe for the pleasure so no need to wipe them now either

Tower wipe is a bad idea. With PMK's it should be an organic break away from the old kingdoms. After all that's part of the challenge for a PMK.

-1 to tower wipe. That makes zero sense. If you go that route, you may as well scrap the whole server and start from scratch (also a terrible idea).

1 hour ago, ViperSnake said:

Tower wipe is a bad idea. With PMK's it should be an organic break away from the old kingdoms. After all that's part of the challenge for a PMK.

But then you almost have to allow same kingdom tower bashing, or there are very few places a PMK could be started....but I think that's the best solution.  Either allow for same kingdom tower bashing, or have the creation of the PMK be in 2 stages.  Stage one you announce your 'defection' from the base kingdom and are now looking for a place to set up, and can bash any towers you want.

• Like 3

possible Idea is...

Kingdoms get capped at 8-10 towers per kingdom to stop rapid expansions from larger groups.. a tower wipe will be needed.

Starter island Templates would have towers within starter island area. (ALSO CAPPED at 8-10 towers)

to place a PMK you would need to place it outside another kingdom's influence no Tower needed for initial PMK start.

This mechanic would bring everyone in line with an even playing field as in you can only place your 8 / 10 towers this would need to be done strategically as you are limited to how much land you control, Play  aggressively or defensively.

I just heared that PMKs will probably be forced enemies (i.e. each PMK is considered an enemy to each other) so you literally can't play anymore with people who happen to have their deed made on starter and can't join your PMK? Or if the tower limit is enforced, can't play with people living further away than the tower limit allows? Forced further fracturing of the community basically? Is this enforced by the "no simultanous logins to enemy kingdom" rule? So can't even login with an alt to chat with friends living on starter?

I understand the desire to prevent people doing a one-PMK-per-person thing where everyone gets the bonus, but forcing people to move off-starter and either abandoning their deeds or abandoning their friends, in the particular scenario of Defiance, seems to be a bad move too. It feels like this needs a lot more thought put into it, especially how the community interactions work, not just the pvp interactions.

Also, keeping starter kingdoms, wouldn't this just effect to granting one faction a "free PMK" by being the faction who owns the starter kingdom?

I feel this whole discussion thread seems to be a bad idea, asking people about whether they are ok with PMKs without them being aware of all the details that would entail.

Edited by Gavaldor
  • Like 2

Lol, what's going on in this game?

"Darklords, can you remove BL's capital deed for us?"

"Darklords, can you move the lady of the lake so we can access it more easily?"

"Darklords, can you remove all the towers so we can PMK?"

Curious to know if all these requests have come from the same group.

• Like 6

I'm not casting a vote either way, as I have no idea what it would actually look like if implemented, and I'm not signing up for a pig in a poke that everyone ends up complaining about not being what they thought it would be.

Let me know when this is actually on Test Server and we can go look at how the mechanics would work and what it would mean for us personally, and can officially give feedback on these PROPOSED changes.

Why are we voting for or against the live server being randomly changed to a completely different political system, without knowing what that would actually mean for us?

• Like 1

Make a new server, all can go there but it's a new map designed for PMK's. Leave defiance as is. Much less work.

Perhaps you can sail there with all your gear?
Create a hybrid playstyle where we can still be in our template kingdoms on defiance and in a PMK on 8x8 map like melody.
Can only access it by sea from defiance. Perhaps even promoting markets and trade in the whole defiance server.

Edited by Ism

36 minutes ago, Ism said:

Make a new server, all can go there but it's a new map designed for PMK's. Leave defiance as is. Much less work.

Create a hybrid playstyle where we can still be in our template kingdoms on defiance and in a PMK on 8x8 map like melody.
Can only access it by sea from defiance. Perhaps even promoting markets and trade in the whole defiance server.

It will not work. This will be Epic 2.0   Ism do you know how PMK work in practice? How it looks etc. ?

Edited by Hawkinson

12 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

It will not work. This will be Epic 2.0   Ism do you know how PMK work in practice? How it looks etc. ?

No I do not. Does epic not work?

What I see right now Is just an attempt to form a PMK in middle of the map that can decide WHO CAN play on defiance and who can basicly not, because people who were afraid of JK all joined JK- easy problem solved.. Now they wanna kill their own but..Can't. So What the whole point is why they even want this idea to be implemented is to Grief the whole damn server- lock em in starter if they so wish with their Chosen group of people. Ha-Ha

3 minutes ago, Ism said:

Now they wanna kill their own but..Can't.

But they can, and they are.  They are currently killing any new player who comes into their local, and their deed is right on the path south out of Frontier.   WE were told not to deed near the Lady, or terraform, but the GM's don't care that THEY deeded right near the lady and have terraformed.  GM's, just give them king already, since you already have and you're just making them wait.

49 minutes ago, Ism said:

No I do not. Does epic not work?

Yup, it was abbadoned. There is like you sugest. Home servers + server where everyone fight. If yuo dont know how PMK works so how you sure about everything what you said? Becouse PMK are on Chaos and you dont ahve that problems what you talk about.

17 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

But they can, and they are.  They are currently killing any new player who comes into their local, and their deed is right on the path south out of Frontier.   WE were told not to deed near the Lady, or terraform, but the GM's don't care that THEY deeded right near the lady and have terraformed.  GM's, just give them king already, since you already have and you're just making them wait.

killed are only alts, and deed is in distnace away from Lady. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

If yuo dont know how PMK works so how you sure about everything what you said?

And what did I exactly say again?

1 hour ago, Ism said:

this

Ohh you're acelus, the guy who started mol rehans civil war by threatening to come and kill me forcing us to build a safe place outside your alliance showing true and loyal mol rehan players that we're real-causing them to flock over to our side.. You just were on JK waiting list what did you care about Mol Rehan right?

1 minute ago, Hawkinson said:

this

And what did I say about PMKs again? 

I mean, PMK work very goood at Chaos so they can on Defiance. On Defiance you have two or more alliance per kingdom who are against each other so its no diffrience.

2 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

I mean, PMK work very goood at Chaos so they can on Defiance. On Defiance you have two or more alliance per kingdom who are against each other so its no diffrience.

But will it stop these alliances from being against eachother? 

It's us people that are the issue. Not the system.

Edited by Ism

1 minute ago, Ism said:

But will it stop these alliances from being against eachother? 

YES, they will/can have their own kingdom... everything you are saying is the EXACT reason we need PMKs