Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS

Maybe the people who oppose this should unite to drain the coffers of a new PMK. It sounds like a lot of PvP on the forums and not in the game.

We are all just trying to enjoy our favorite video game that we share with each other.

Edited by electroprobe
  • Like 8

I like the ban on griefing the npc's. Always seemed like a broken part of the game. They should be places next to the starter token and guarded by the templars. Adding PMK is just a lazy reaction to a problem that does not exist. All it will do is more divide the small population of the server.

• Like 1

First reason this was brought up was due to jk infighting why not just give them similar mechanics as bl and problem solved. I didn't invest my time and money into something to be changed to something I never signed up for. And forcing ppl to pay for pmks on top of that is crazy talk.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Allenfullblade said:

Adding PMK is just a lazy reaction to a problem that does not exist. All it will do is more divide the small population of the server.

I couldn't disagree more.  I'm sure many people stay away from Defiance because it's a toxic cesspool.  PMK's won't reduce the toxicity, but it will allow people to play without dealing with people they can't stand, unless it's on the field of battle.

14 minutes ago, Allenfullblade said:

I like the ban on griefing the npc's. Always seemed like a broken part of the game. They should be places next to the starter token and guarded by the templars. Adding PMK is just a lazy reaction to a problem that does not exist. All it will do is more divide the small population of the server.

It doesn't do any dividing. You can have 100 people in JK, but they are in 50 different alliances anyways. PMKs just remove some of the problems in attacking/being attacked by people within the same kingdom.

• Like 1

Let’s stay on topic here, lots of side discussion non-related to having PMKs.

+1 to PMKs

It’ll allow for kings without a kingdom.  It will boost revenue due to the 1G cost.  It will result in less support tickets and burden on staff with regards to the climate of defiance due to BL only having supporting mechanics for infighting and hopefully lead to less forum/discord/support ticket pvp.  It may bring back old groups and introduce new group, etc.

Thank you

Edited by DADLER
Thank you
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Darklords said:

That is a good point, may be easiest to just move them there we may end up doing this appreciate the feedback.

this idea is pretty terrible as it lets people sit on freedom and port over to the starter deed just to try for king and theres nothing any other group can do about it

the king isn't some fancy title, it controls a ton of what a kingdom can and cant do, especially on a server like defiance where towers take like 15 minutes to bash assuming you aren't using 12 ql large mauls

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

I'm sure many people stay away from Defiance because it's a toxic cesspool.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you have any examples? Calling things "toxic" is usually a vague way to say "I don't like something," in my experience.

I came from Freedom and had no association with Defiance outside of being uncomfortable with the idea of losing skills when dying. Which isn't even the case mostly, since you don't lose PvE skills dying in PvP.

If people have had bad experiences on Defiance, hopefully the circumstances can be changed. That's what this thread is about, after all. But please don't start spreading rumors of "toxicity" without evidence. Is killing people on a PvP server toxic?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Karnavor said:

First reason this was brought up was due to jk infighting why not just give them similar mechanics as bl and problem solved. I didn't invest my time and money into something to be changed to something I never signed up for. And forcing ppl to pay for pmks on top of that is crazy talk.

This fear is a bit misguided as no one would be forced to pay for a PMK unless they want to make one.  If you want to stay BL you can, more choices are being offered.  What is being taken away exactly?

6 minutes ago, Karnavor said:

Actually PMKs have been talked about being added in for 2 years.  We originally complained about people joining from other factions settling on JK starter about a year ago.  Darklords responded to us saying he would look into it after the exploration update was done.  This was 9 months ago now when we campaigned for it.  Then 2 months ago he made another comment saying it looked positive and he would make a post to gauge everyone's opinion in the future.  Also nobody is saying that you have to PMK, template kingdoms will still exist.

PMKs are also absolutely wonderful as an experience.  I've been in about 4 of them and it really changes how you feel about being in a kingdom.  The experience is drastically increased feeling that you're taking a kingdom and really making it yours.  Template kingdoms just have never had the same feel for me that it does being in a PMK.  Even without the sales of banners/ect, it's still just fun having your own kingdom with your friends and enjoying the game the way you want to play.

Another issue is that players behavior can be unfortunately upstream against a groups behavior. I would say most people on defiance are really nice people just conflicting with personalities.  These people often find themselves in multiple kingdoms and then eventually burn bridges to the point where they run out of places to go and have to quit the game.  PMK's have always provided a means to allow people to try and continue playing on the server.  Giving them their own kingdom for their own style and way of playing the game.

Also to anyone else confused thinking this is the same scenario as hots.  If I go attack any house canal that was built by an unnamed player.  I will go HoTS due to attacking fellow WL players even from catapulting or trebbing.  Then immediately be banned for cross-kingdom pvp.  There are no mechanics to support either of our kingdoms/alliances to in fight.  Also Schmetter gave up the crown and hasn't contested it since.  I don't believe anyone from that faction has even wanted to try and take the crown from Heartless.

+1 for pmks as long as we create a healthy scenario for template kingdoms and PMKs to be able to interact.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, KarlFranz said:

I don't believe anyone from that faction has even wanted to try and take the crown from Heartless.

I mean heartless is a very frightening man... his 40 ish BS can almost kill schmetter... But with his mouth he can make the whole defiance tremble in fear and look for "Solutions" in the face of PMK? Or why was he even mentioned Sir?

4 hours ago, Darklords said:

This is likely the biggest reason this is unlikely to work out as an idea, I more just wanted to keep an open mind but I agree that we do not want to punish people like your group with this change so resetting the towers would be pretty difficult for reasons like that.

Just for the record I'm not against PMKs in general, and I talked to the deed owners I'm playing on, they aren't against it either. Of course we don't have any idea of what exactly this means from this vague discussion where everyone seems to have suggestions of their own how exactly it should look like. I'd appreciate it being properly thought through and not rushing it just to duct tape some social issues in the JK faction. But thats just my personal opinion, no general opposition. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Edarise said:

If we ever wanted to make our voices heard, now is the time to do it. The instant JK begins to infight the GMs raise up PMKs. I am a resounding NO on this. BL has heavily suffered from differing factions for the last year at least. I'm certain MR has gone through infighting itself this year. The GMs were nice and made it so that JK didn't have to suffer through 2 months of "challenging" the king and using the in game mechanics to remove Trash as king. Less that 6 hours later we have 2-3 new rules on the server regarding restricting access to the NPC that grants kingship, and the GMs moved said NPCs. When BL went through this problem during both of our recent regime changes we were told to deal with it, so we did. Where was the action to our tickets about it? Now we're being told the only solution is to institute PMKs? How about we shelve this for a year, maybe 18 months to allow JK to sort themselves out. Maybe this will force some blood back into the other kingdoms and even things out so that JK no longer controls Defiance. I know MANY people went to JK when BL and MR went through this. it looks like the tides are about to shift.

I agree.  I'm in favor of PMK's in general, and have had conversations with people saying how badly they are needed, but I don't understand the preferential treatment of this one group.  They complain about tactics THEY THEMSELVES HAVE USED IN THE PAST, and the Lady gets moved.  Some JK infighting and suddenly PMK's are on the table.

• Like 1

PMKs here sounds like a fine idea.  As for the existing towers people who want to make a PMK can bash them down it doesn't take very long.  The issue just lies with founding the PMK near towers of current kingdom.  Enable same kingdom tower bashing off starter but make them go unlawful -- most of them are rotting away anyways.  Of course issue with that would be griefing. (Which can be done anyways just different steps)

1 hour ago, Gavaldor said:

Just for the record I'm not against PMKs in general, and I talked to the deed owners I'm playing on, they aren't against it either. Of course we don't have any idea of what exactly this means from this vague discussion where everyone seems to have suggestions of their own how exactly it should look like. I'd appreciate it being properly thought through and not rushing it just to duct tape some social issues in the JK faction. But thats just my personal opinion, no general opposition. Hope this helps.

We would for sure have a more concrete proposal out before anything went live, this was more to gauge the feelings and get feedback on the general idea before we sunk some development time into making it happen. I will need to do some research on the exact state of the map before but I do plan to post some sort of map showing where stuff would be allowed and not allowed for people to check out before something like this went live.

• Like 3

I'll start this by saying that I don't have a horse in this race, I don't pvp, never have in Wurm. So I'm just an outsider looking in and was wondering what is the catalyst to bring about this change? I don't recall seeing anything related to this in any of the road maps in the last year. It has not been publicly discussed by the dev team as part of the way forward in any of posts about the future of Wurm. So what has happened that this is now a concern after 2 and a half years since NFI went live. We have been told that the work moving forward on Wurm, after the exploration updates, was going to be QoL updates and the such. Is this a QoL issue or something bigger that simply need to be addressed. I'm asking for those of us that are part of Wurm, but not in the "know" on the pvp side of the game.

Thanks and happy Wurming!

2 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

I'll start this by saying that I don't have a horse in this race, I don't pvp, never have in Wurm. So I'm just an outsider looking in and was wondering what is the catalyst to bring about this change? I don't recall seeing anything related to this in any of the road maps in the last year. It has not been publicly discussed by the dev team as part of the way forward in any of posts about the future of Wurm. So what has happened that this is now a concern after 2 and a half years since NFI went live. We have been told that the work moving forward on Wurm, after the exploration updates, was going to be QoL updates and the such. Is this a QoL issue or something bigger that simply need to be addressed. I'm asking for those of us that are part of Wurm, but not in the "know" on the pvp side of the game.

Thanks and happy Wurming!

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way... However; This is the reason the PvP server gets no love, because we get no press... Anyone that don't play PvP are not in the loop at all... PMKs have very much been spoke about, even before the exploration update. MOST of our discussions are had within PvP threads that you have to actively watching to know anything about them. We have discussed and implement many changes the freedom community are not aware of because we never get included within the big fancy colourful road maps!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way... However; This is the reason the PvP server gets no love, because we get no press... Anyone that don't play PvP are not in the loop at all... PMKs have very much been spoke about, even before the exploration update. MOST of our discussions are had within PvP threads that you have to actively watching to know anything about them. We have discussed and implement many changes the freedom community are not aware of because we never get included within the big fancy colourful road maps!

No disrespect taken, I agree, there should be more light put onto these topics, any and every topic that is going to bring changes to the game we all love. I guess I don't understand why it is not discussed in a more broader and public way for everyone to be exposed to, instead of in the pvp threads where I'm sure a majority of non pvp players would not even bother looking. The more light put onto these topics, and the more info shared with the general population, might even cause some of those players to try the pvp side of things. Many people are not aware that there is even a pvp side of the game, and those that do are often under the impression that it is a dying part of the game. There is obvious passionate people that love the pvp part of Wurm, this is something that I think should be talked about more in the public realm and not in the back corners of the pvp threads.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mino_Pressingbuttons said:

I am against the PMKs 

do you care to express your reasons why?

2 hours ago, platinumteef said:

this idea is pretty terrible as it lets people sit on freedom and port over to the starter deed just to try for king and theres nothing any other group can do about it

the king isn't some fancy title, it controls a ton of what a kingdom can and cant do, especially on a server like defiance where towers take like 15 minutes to bash assuming you aren't using 12 ql large mauls

you can do the same now aswell just place a portal next to it and its the same as you are even protected by the game when login in so you dont get spawncamped/killed

and you cant realisticly camp it 24/7 atleast i never saw this happening in the past anyway so i would guess its more about getting a few free kills than really wanting the enemy to not get a king

Just one question... When NFI was launched weren't PMK's not enabled for a reason?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

do you care to express your reasons why?

I'm curious too.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course, but I would really like to know why.  The only thing I can see against PMK's is it would draw people away from each of the 3 base kingdoms, meaning you would have more but smaller groups.  Assuming the core JK group all stuck together they would even more easily dominate the map.  However I think this is countered by allowing PMK's to ally.  the alliance could be as loose as simply not showing up as 'enemy'  or as strong as sharing in 'alliance' chat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinnjinn said:

I'm curious too.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course, but I would really like to know why.  The only thing I can see against PMK's is it would draw people away from each of the 3 base kingdoms, meaning you would have more but smaller groups.  Assuming the core JK group all stuck together they would even more easily dominate the map.  However I think this is countered by allowing PMK's to ally.  the alliance could be as loose as simply not showing up as 'enemy'  or as strong as sharing in 'alliance' chat

nothing changes, becouse right now you have small groups in kingdoms who dont play with each other. So for me PMK will be like actual alliance and only difrience is taht that they get king and in case WL they can attack other WL players. I do not understand opinion that PMK will divide population, it happens right now when we have one kingdom and 2 alliance withtin it and they fight with eachother. If we have PMK from begining they we could stop so much drama, some people would not live game becouse of harassment by other ppl. For example situation in HotS/MR with Heartless or in JK with Jomog. If it was PMK toxic ppl would just be kicked out from PMK. Right now that ppl stay in game and try to interrupt good game other players and good players leave server/game becouse of that behavior.

• Like 6

Going to +1 PMKs I have been playing on Defiance for a significant period of time and the least fun I have is when I have to fight my own kingdom and EVERY kingdom has had a problem with infighting in the last 12 months

This is an opt-in system, if people don't want to participate feel free not to and I even encourage it but there seems to be quite a few people who do

Edited by SweetSerenade
  • Like 1