Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS

29 minutes ago, Ism said:

Eather wipe the whole mainland from Everything give people time to form their groups/PMK's and everyone gets a equal start to push on the mainland with their respective groups. 

I agree with this. I think adding PMKs to an already tower and deed saturated map would deject from the whole purpose of PMKs and would allow already settled groups a massive advantage over those that plan on forming their own PMK.

I'd also like to remind people that this thread was made to allow for a constructive conversation in regards to the suggestion at hand, so lets please keep it that way.

Edited by Rudie

3 minutes ago, Rudie said:

I agree with this. I think adding PMKs to an already tower and deed saturated map would deject from the whole purpose of PMKs and would allow already settled groups a massive advantage over those that plan on forming their own PMK.

I'd also like to remind people that this thread was made to allow for a constructive conversation in regards to the suggestion at hand, so lets please keep it that way.

Arent you in the biggest very established kingdom that would massively benefit from tower removal that plan on making a PMK?

• Like 1

Or just remove the combat and favor benefits. Like every other normal game where everyone is equal based on their stats/gear=effort put into the game?

• Like 2

The suggestions here sound really awkward

- Reset of towers outside starter: how is this supposed to work with deeds currently off starter? Forced to make a PMK? Forced to disband?
- Limitation of towers suggestion ... sounds awkward because it fractures the player base even more. Now every group of deeds would be forced to be its own PMK due to distance preventing joining a PMK too far away?

The second point wouldn't be so bad on a fresh start, but on a map already populated with deeds, even if its just a handful, it seems awkward and unfair to the people having invested into those deeds to now change the way the game works for them entirely.

Edited by Gavaldor
  • Like 6

It just seems they've already decided that PMK's will come.. ? I'm against PMK's tbh.

3 hours ago, Schmettter said:

I dont know why the crown-NPC are not within the starter towns on defiance. With the NPC beeing in starter town everyone within the kingdome would have access to it and people cant build a wall around it unless they fence in the starter town

That is a good point, may be easiest to just move them there we may end up doing this appreciate the feedback.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ism said:

It just seems they've already decided that PMK's will come.. ? I'm against PMK's tbh.

It doesn’t seem that starter island life will be impacted by PMKs.  Majority of folks here live on starter island and with the increased buffer zone, starter islands get a nice buff.  

Edited by DADLER

On the tower reset note, that would be something I would need to really know everyone was ok with.  You would be unchaining every existing deed which would then become super vulnerable to the larger groups. While I am not against any idea I just want to make sure everyone knows what that would entail.

Points raised tho are very valid about it being difficult with such a well dug in map to find places for pmks given you can't bash your own towers will need to consider the options/suggestions here a bit.

54 minutes ago, Ism said:

If people seem really against this in the end of course it does not have to happen, but we are hoping to do this in a way that allows the base kingdoms to have a fair shot at things still and not just get overrun by the PMKS with some pretty heavy handed blocking of expansion anywhere near the starter islands.

• Like 1

If starter deed lady, could we make the guards actually attack people breaking the laws then?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Joemog said:

If starter deed lady, could we make the guards actually attack people breaking the laws then?

I believe we recently made them consistent with other pvp starter permissions from other servers. If there is still issues with it let me know what they are and I will have them looked into for sure.

4 minutes ago, Darklords said:

I believe we recently made them consistent with other pvp starter permissions from other servers. If there is still issues with it let me know what they are and I will have them looked into for sure.

Last I knew going unlawful to attack horses hitched or players is still ignored by guards.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Darklords said:

On the tower reset note, that would be something I would need to really know everyone was ok with.  You would be unchaining every existing deed which would then become super vulnerable to the larger groups. While I am not against any idea I just want to make sure everyone knows what that would entail.

Points raised tho are very valid about it being difficult with such a well dug in map to find places for pmks given you can't bash your own towers will need to consider the options/suggestions here a bit.

Thats going to be tough to achieve, I've been playing Defiance MR on an off-starter deed owned by mostly non-english speaking people, who are only occasionally online. If you are doing a reset I'd expect a solid plan from your side how to not make those people not lose all they've worked for in the last years. Definitely more than "know everyone was ok with it" because you don't even have infrastructure in place to formally ask them, I believe? Also, forcing off-deed owners to convert into a PMK I heared did cost ingame money seems another questionable thing to do. Make people pay again just to keep playing???

Maybe give people who have off starter deeds an automatic conversion into PMKs so its not vulnerable and destroying all their work? I personally have no idea how these mechanics work, so I can't even pass the deed owners advice over what will happen and how they have to plan for it, so the idea to just reset the maps towers and hope people are ok with it based on some vague forum discussion seems really stupid to me, sorry.

• Like 1

Just now, Gavaldor said:

Thats going to be tough to achieve, I've been playing Defiance MR on an off-starter deed owned by mostly non-english speaking people, who are only occasionally online. If you are doing a reset I'd expect a solid plan from your side how to not make those people not lose all they've worked for in the last years. Definitely more than "know everyone was ok with it" because you don't even have infrastructure in place to formally ask them, I believe? Also, forcing off-deed owners to convert into a PMK I heared did cost ingame money seems another questionable thing to do. Make people pay again just to keep playing???

This is likely the biggest reason this is unlikely to work out as an idea, I more just wanted to keep an open mind but I agree that we do not want to punish people like your group with this change so resetting the towers would be pretty difficult for reasons like that.

Soon as bl starts to push towers jk loses kingdom influence and they want our towers gone. Get real no we dont want pmk the server is alredy set in its state. Leave it alone... and jk voices only things to be herd. Feels like a kick in the teeth bend to there will and the hell with everyone else. You want my 2 cents there it is.

52 minutes ago, Darklords said:

If people seem really against this in the end of course it does not have to happen, but we are hoping to do this in a way that allows the base kingdoms to have a fair shot at things still and not just get overrun by the PMKS with some pretty heavy handed blocking of expansion anywhere near the starter islands.

If you do Vote most people will want PMK so against it are some single players.

2 hours ago, Ism said:

So you want to stay in 3 kingdoms? Then how you resolve issue with drama and infight in these kingdoms?

Edited by Hawkinson

24 minutes ago, Darklords said:

This is likely the biggest reason this is unlikely to work out as an idea, I more just wanted to keep an open mind but I agree that we do not want to punish people like your group with this change so resetting the towers would be pretty difficult for reasons like that.

Every pvp deed should be a hybrid pmk. (So not a pmk as they work now, slighty different, call it anything u want.)

Here is how it works: All deeds are pmks but can ally another deed/hybridpmk. (I feel it should even be possible to convert deed to other template.) The alliance of villages/towns/deeds people make in a certain template are called a kingdom. Everyone can accept the template kingdoms there are now, so the towers can stay.  And everyone can ally or not with the villages they want. However the towers are only neutral to the template kingdom, not to other templates. (Every allaince can have only 1 king.)

There i fixed wurm pvp servers. Ty ty. (Yes im back, hi everyone.) :)

Edited by krinos78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

If the issue of wiping towers is bigger than implementing PMKs, then keep towers.  It would make it easier for new groups to dabble in PMKs without having to bash but I’m personally indifferent to the tower thing.  

Edited by DADLER
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Joemog said:

Last I knew going unlawful to attack horses hitched or players is still ignored by guards.

Nobody had to go unlawful to attack the horses you had in your perimeter.

Totally support pms, infact I have suggested that and similar ideas multiple times. The idea needs some finetuning to balance it but it's something that's totally needed

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

Nobody had to go unlawful to attack the horses you had in your perimeter.

I'm talking about for example say someone had a wagon on starter deed

• Like 1