Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS

2 minutes ago, ViperSnake said:

Unless JK had some crazy amount of defenses around the lady of the lake that just went up, I don't see why they cant fight past it. BL had to fight for control over the snake house multiple times, months ago just to remove the former regime from power.

It wasnt even entirely closed off and they made a new deed just by the coast of it like our old LOL

33 minutes ago, Edarise said:

If we ever wanted to make our voices heard, now is the time to do it. The instant JK begins to infight the GMs raise up PMKs. I am a resounding NO on this. BL has heavily suffered from differing factions for the last year at least. I'm certain MR has gone through infighting itself this year. The GMs were nice and made it so that JK didn't have to suffer through 2 months of "challenging" the king and using the in game mechanics to remove Trash as king. Less that 6 hours later we have 2-3 new rules on the server regarding restricting access to the NPC that grants kingship, and the GMs moved said NPCs. When BL went through this problem during both of our recent regime changes we were told to deal with it, so we did. Where was the action to our tickets about it? Now we're being told the only solution is to institute PMKs? How about we shelve this for a year, maybe 18 months to allow JK to sort themselves out. Maybe this will force some blood back into the other kingdoms and even things out so that JK no longer controls Defiance. I know MANY people went to JK when BL and MR went through this. it looks like the tides are about to shift.

BL has a storied history of infighting.  Wild, Chaos, Defiance.  Wurm Lore and philosophy does not support infighting among WL kingdoms.  Most of your points indirectly support PMKs without you directly saying it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

We would like to hear everyone's opinion on any concerns/feedback you have with the changes mention.

Very glad to hear this, thank you!

I know I'm a minority here, but I would like to see some thought/attention given to Valrei. One of the (many) issues with infighting, that doesn't actually make for fun or even PvP, is Valrei Scenario rewards going to a different group because they share your god.

I'd really like something like kingdom weighted Scenario rewards - 1st check which kingdom contributed the most points, 2nd give rewards based on Scenario points to individuals within that kingdom.

2 hours ago, hemrzz said:

then each kingdom has a maximum tower limit of 8-10 towers to stop super expansions.

I like this.

37 minutes ago, Edarise said:

MR and BL have dealt with the infighting between factions for nearly 2 years now on Defiance

16 minutes ago, Edarise said:

BL has heavily suffered from differing factions for the last year at least.

18 minutes ago, Edarise said:

I'm certain MR has gone through infighting itself this year.

Everything you've said supports PMKs being needed.

17 minutes ago, ViperSnake said:

Unless JK had some crazy amount of defenses around the lady of the lake that just went up, I don't see why they cant fight past it. BL had to fight for control over the snake house multiple times, months ago just to remove the former regime from power.

Game mechanics do not support WL infighting... if this was the case there wouldn't be an issue... BL has the mechanics to support infighting.

Also congrats on doubling your posts in 1 thread.

• Like 1

The starter kingdoms shouldn't have a ton of infighting. They are best served as fairly safe/stable kingdoms for new players to join while they build skills and experience, eventually joining pmks for more indepth pvp.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

Everything you've said supports PMKs being needed.

I think the point was to critique the handling and implementation of it in case you missed it

Edited by Joemog

1 minute ago, Joemog said:

I think the point was to critique the handling and implementation of it in case you missed it

How would you like to have it implemented?

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

will this come with priest balancing or will defiance just have 10 hots pmks

This is my only concern with PMK's, but overall I totally support PMK's coming out!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeyworm said:

This is my only concern with PMK's, but overall I totally support PMK's coming out!

Or just go BL with the current infighting mechanics that allow it.

1 hour ago, hemrzz said:

Game mechanics do not support WL infighting... if this was the case there wouldn't be an issue... BL has the mechanics to support infighting.

Also congrats on doubling your posts in 1 thread.

Its more of an issue where people don't want to play with certain people and as a result they refuse to help each other and play the blame game. While BL can fight each other, its on extremely rare occasions at least in Defiance.

Bl can’t drain same kingdom deed tokens how is same kingdom pvp any more enabled for us? Pmks should have been added  3 months after launch. But again some grouped sure do seem have their voice heard louder. Was not long ago same group said the bl capital should be removed for hota and now sits there themself. 🙄 And why should jk get the luxury of not having to challenge rulers no longer logging in?

• Like 1

The difference between old BL and JK king is that the old JK king got banned so removing his crown seems fine.

I dont know why the crown-NPC are not within the starter towns on defiance. With the NPC beeing in starter town everyone within the kingdome would have access to it and people cant build a wall around it unless they fence in the starter town

I personly support the idea of having PMK on defiance based on what i saw within BL and MR and i think its a good way to solve this 

But i would like to ask if base Kingdoms will be allowed to trade the crown like PMK

or if base kingdome get some kind of voting system as addition for example if you got voted from 51% of the kingdome you get the crown. I would maybe also suggest to change "being king" to a limited time period and for example after 3month the king will lose the crown and canot be king again for one round and to prevent having one group to always get king make it after someone got voted next king has to be randome and king after that can be voted again maybe this will create some kind of changes within the kingdome and it will maybe also solve all the drama about who it will be since its just for a limited time 

Edited by Schmettter

Lets give the already strongest group with the best plot of land their own kingdom too so they can grief everyone and basicly lock them on starters. GG Wurm staff GG.

Edited by Ism

10 hours ago, Edarise said:

If we ever wanted to make our voices heard, now is the time to do it. The instant JK begins to infight the GMs raise up PMKs. I am a resounding NO on this. BL has heavily suffered from differing factions for the last year at least. I'm certain MR has gone through infighting itself this year. The GMs were nice and made it so that JK didn't have to suffer through 2 months of "challenging" the king and using the in game mechanics to remove Trash as king. Less that 6 hours later we have 2-3 new rules on the server regarding restricting access to the NPC that grants kingship, and the GMs moved said NPCs. When BL went through this problem during both of our recent regime changes we were told to deal with it, so we did. Where was the action to our tickets about it? Now we're being told the only solution is to institute PMKs? How about we shelve this for a year, maybe 18 months to allow JK to sort themselves out. Maybe this will force some blood back into the other kingdoms and even things out so that JK no longer controls Defiance. I know MANY people went to JK when BL and MR went through this. it looks like the tides are about to shift.

The big issue here is the BL can fight inter kingdom without penalty. As a White Light kingdom we can not fight inter kingdom without penalty. Cant PvP with what the game mechanics don't allow unfortunately otherwise it would not be an issue.

Edited by Pnutp

30 minutes ago, Ism said:

Lets give the already strongest group with the best plot of land their own kingdom too so they can grief everyone and basicly lock them on starters. GG Wurm staff GG.

We have done that without PMKs

3 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

We have done that without PMKs

Yeah and now when you actually have first chance to get some spanking: there's changes that really benefit only your group.

2 minutes ago, Ism said:

Yeah and now when you actually have first chance to get some spanking: there's changes that really benefit only your group.

Get a spanking? Where are you thinking we are getting a spanking from??? How does having a king fight with ANYONE who wants to try, relying totally on RNG benefit us?

You wouldnt have a kingdom right now if you wasnt allowed to lock down the sword and have only select people to pull for it... you cried until the old king stood down to your bullying

Edited by Pnutp
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ism said:

I agree the minute things get rough for jk they get special treatment I feel.36 minutes ago, Ism said: Lets give the already strongest group with the best plot of land their own kingdom too so they can grief everyone and basicly lock them on starters. GG Wurm staff GG. I agree the minute things get rough for jk they get special treatment I feel. 

8 hours ago, Joemog said:

It wasnt even entirely closed off and they made a new deed just by the coast of it like our old LOL

haha really?

2 minutes ago, Pnutp said:

Get a spanking? Where are you thinking we are getting a spanking from??? How does having a king fight with ANYONE who wants to try, relying totally on RNG benefit us?

Your personal "Feelings" are not the subject here. Eather wipe the whole mainland from Everything give people time to form their groups/PMK's and everyone gets a equal start to push on the mainland with their respective groups. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nocturnes said:

haha really?

8 hours ago, Joemog said:

That is a lie, it had a full donut house around it that game mechanics would not allow us to move as we dont have the same ability as BL to inter kingdom fight

3 minutes ago, Ism said:

Your personal "Feelings" are not the subject here. Eather wipe the whole mainland from Everything give people time to form their groups/PMK's and everyone gets a equal start to push on the mainland with their respective groups. 

Please Do... +1 to this... We will 100% happily take that!

Lets go one better... lets make the centre map a total NO BUILD ZONE/HOTA area!!

Edited by Pnutp

2 minutes ago, Pnutp said:
  8 hours ago, Joemog said:

That is a lie, it had a full donut house around it that game mechanics would not allow us to move as we dont have the same ability as BL to inter kingdom fight

Nope you didnt check proper then

5 minutes ago, Ism said:

Not this LOL they just want their PMK without having to bash towers