Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Defiance PMKS

We are looking to enable player-made kingdoms (PMK’s) on the Defiance server after the exploration launch has settled. Defiance with only 3 kingdoms is clearly causing too many issues between groups within the same kingdom to solve over time, so we will be making some changes to where you're allowed to create them and then enabling PMK’s.

The current plan is that a PMK will only be able to be created quite some distance away from starter areas and will be restricted from expanding too close to them. We would like to hear everyone's opinion on any concerns/feedback you have with the changes mention.

• Like 13

+1...... Very long over due and would be greatly accepted :)

Sounds like a great solution to a lot of concerns I've seen brought up since joining defiance. +1

Are old kingdoms, BL, MR, HotS going to stay and what happens to the deeds already on starter?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kaelygon said:

Are old kingdoms, BL, MR, HotS going to stay and what happens to the deeds already on starter?

The base kingdoms stay along with all deeds on the starter island and everywhere else, and will be given a fairly large buffer zone around them for the base kingdom to have where pmks cannot intrude.

1 minute ago, Darklords said:

The base kingdoms stay along with all deeds on the starter island and everywhere else, and will be given a fairly large buffer zone around them for the base kingdom to have where pmks cannot intrude.

Will base kingdoms still have kings and will the artifact restriction zone be included in that new buffer zone?

Edited by DADLER

1 minute ago, DADLER said:

Will base kingdoms still have kings?

Yes

4 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Yes

Does the new buffer zone include the artifact restriction and will raid windows be changed from 2 hour starter deed to match a normal raid window? 

If the starter area protection range is increased, how will this sit with raid windows for deeds in this extended area and will they be safe for artefacts

2 minutes ago, DADLER said:

Does the new buffer zone include the artifact restriction and will raid windows be changed from 2 hour starter deed to match a normal raid window? 

No planned changes outside enabling pmks and blocking them from being to close to the base kingdoms starter islands. Its more just to give base kingdoms some room to breath even outside the starter island but no other penalties will be applies inside it other then denying pmks from expanding into it.

• Like 1

Just now, Pnutp said:

If the starter area protection range is increased, how will this sit with raid windows for deeds in this extended area and will they be safe for artefacts

This will not be the start zone expanding, more just a denial of any pmk to build a tower inside the area or found the original pmk there.

• Like 1

Allow a kingdom / PMK to be planted without a tower but has to be out of other  kingdom influences.

then each kingdom has a maximum tower limit of 8-10 towers to stop super expansions.

Capitol cannot be changed once planted.

This would require a full tower wipe possibly to even things out currently.

Edited by hemrzz
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, hemrzz said:

This would require a full tower wipe possibly to even things out currently.

Even without what ya suggested, a full tower wipe for towers off starter island is probably a good idea (even though I imped probably like 90% of those towers). Its pretty unfair for potential new groups to come in and have to worry about being enemy kingdoms and bashing towers to do stuff

I do like the idea though, make people be strategic about their placements instead of just haphazardly taking over the map

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

Even without what ya suggested, a full tower wipe for towers off starter island is probably a good idea (even though I imped probably like 90% of those towers). Its pretty unfair for potential new groups to come in and have to worry about being enemy kingdoms and bashing towers to do stuff

Not sure what you mean here how would they be an enemy kingdom? The starter islands are intended to always be the base kingdoms only. Something like that would be pretty hard as that could easily break chains to a deed elsewhere making them vulnerable overnight.

5 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Not sure what you mean here how would they be an enemy kingdom? The starter islands are intended to always be the base kingdoms only. Something like that would be pretty hard as that could easily break chains to a deed elsewhere making them vulnerable overnight.

would you not have to bash already placed JK, MR, BL towers to remove the influence to drop a PMK?

28 minutes ago, Darklords said:

if someone is currently MR orJK (im not sure about how BL works) and they already have a deed they would have to convert to an enemy kingdom first and then bash all towers surrounding the area until there is just one(?) left. It can be quite a few towers because of how the influence expands based on the quality (up to like 100+ tiles)

I agree with this decision. I know all 3 kingdoms have been having constant infighting for quite some time now.

its amazing to me that the instant JK starts to infight we all of a sudden have to have PMKs, while MR and BL have dealt with the infighting between factions for nearly 2 years now on Defiance and no one cared to change it. How about we leave things as they are and JK has to sort itself out, just like everyone else. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Edarise said:

its amazing to me that the instant JK starts to infight we all of a sudden have to have PMKs, while MR and BL have dealt with the infighting between factions for nearly 2 years now on Defiance and no one cared to change it. How about we leave things as they are and JK has to sort itself out, just like everyone else. 

Also lets not forget that now suddenly the king-giver NPCs are moved because it was convenient to this group.

• Like 8

If we ever wanted to make our voices heard, now is the time to do it. The instant JK begins to infight the GMs raise up PMKs. I am a resounding NO on this. BL has heavily suffered from differing factions for the last year at least. I'm certain MR has gone through infighting itself this year. The GMs were nice and made it so that JK didn't have to suffer through 2 months of "challenging" the king and using the in game mechanics to remove Trash as king. Less that 6 hours later we have 2-3 new rules on the server regarding restricting access to the NPC that grants kingship, and the GMs moved said NPCs. When BL went through this problem during both of our recent regime changes we were told to deal with it, so we did. Where was the action to our tickets about it? Now we're being told the only solution is to institute PMKs? How about we shelve this for a year, maybe 18 months to allow JK to sort themselves out. Maybe this will force some blood back into the other kingdoms and even things out so that JK no longer controls Defiance. I know MANY people went to JK when BL and MR went through this. it looks like the tides are about to shift.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Also lets not forget that now suddenly the king-giver NPCs are moved because it was convenient to this group.

Unless JK had some crazy amount of defenses around the lady of the lake that just went up, I don't see why they cant fight past it. BL had to fight for control over the snake house multiple times, months ago just to remove the former regime from power.

Edited by ViperSnake
  • Like 3