Sign in to follow this  
Keridwyn

LIbila Priest not having Alignment ticks

Hello. My new alt, Neman, has been a Libila follower since Nov 24th. At that time, her alignment was set to -1 when converting at the Encore religious advisor. Since then, she has been attending a sermon group with 4 to 6 other characters and listening to sermons 5 or 6 times per day. In all that time, she has had no alignment change, although all the other listeners got the 4 adjustment as expected. She has also tried killing a wolf and a rooster, sacrificing materials, and most recently, holding her own sermon, but has seen no alignment change in all this time. Is she bugged, or is the system broken?

Thanks.

Edited by Keridwyn

More information. I have been butchering guard corpses, but only received an alignment change when it wasn't right after someone else's sermon. However, I didn't get an alignment change for those sermons. I'm very confused - how does a Libila priest get negative alignment?

Were the other priests who were doing sermons also Lib? If I am not mistaken, WL priests give 0 alignment to BL followers and priests and vice versa. Only listening to sermons of the same "light" as you, gives alignment (either positive for WL or negative for BL).

I can confirm I have had sermons not give any negative alignment to my lib priest on multiple occasions. 

Are they whitelight sermons or blacklight sermons? Up until recently whitelight sermons would give positive alignment to blacklighters. Whitelighters and blacklighters were not meant to sermon together, but that changed when Libila got ham-fisted into the freedom kingdom. I suspect a whitelight sermon now just gives a neutral alignment tick to blacklighters and you need to wait 30 minutes to try killing something to get a negative alignment tick. Alignment always has a 30 minute cool down so doing anything between that time will not change alignment.

You can read about alignment here.

Edited by Karlton

I am the only Libila follower in the group of 5. I'm disappointed but not surprised to learn that I don't receive Alignment from listening to sermons by WL, but *giving* sermons has only been a sporadic Alignment change as well. I have given 13 sermons, which all gave the .08 Faith increase for 4 listeners, but only 4 of those sermons gave me an alignment boost. Most of these sermons were immediately upon logging in, so I did nothing to cause an alignment change beforehand.

What is a neutral alignment tick? How would I even know if I had one?

You do not get or lose alignment from hearing a sermon of an opposing light religion (WL vs BL). Being a sermon listener will trigger your alignment cooldown regardless of if you get alignment or not. This is intended, you need to be invalidated as a listener so a group of BL listeners can't be spammed by WL priests and vice versa.

It is not a perfect system, but that is how it has been designed and thus is not a bug.

Hello,

I just spoke with Vayu who came and observed a sermon occur and could see that my Lib Priest, Unclemustachio, doesn't appear to be getting correct alignment changes.

I don't have super clear timelines but will try to give as much info here as I can.

My priest's current alignment is -53.6.  I have been in two sermon groups in the last week where I personally have completed 18 sermons and at least 1 or more Lib listeners have been present each time.  

In my current sermon group there is one other Lib priest and I do appear to be getting an alignment tick each time THEY complete a sermon.  My main accoutn is a Lib follower and appears to get an alignment change each time other Lib priests or my Lib priest complete a sermon.  Prior to the 2nd Lib priest joining our current sermon group my alignment wasn't changing at all and I only appear to be getting an alignment change when they complete a sermon.  My alignment doesn't appear to be dropping so it appears that some form of an alignment tick ,must be occurring when Mag/Vyn/Fo priests are completing sermons but only in the sense that it is preventing my alignment from increasing toward 0.

I do not appear to get an alignment tick when *I* complete a sermon at all even with 1 or more Lib listener being present.

I hope this information is helpful and if more info is needed please contact me through Unclemustachio in game :)