Leora

Move LAN server to Internet

Hello all, 

I have been trying to move my WU server from a LAN server to the public Internet list so a few of my friend's around the world can play on my server with me. I have followed along with the internet server guides. I opened up my ports and I believe I forwarded them as well just to be sure, but the server is still landing on the LAN tab. Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? thank you in advance!!

On 12/5/2022 at 7:02 AM, Leora said:

Hello all, 

I have been trying to move my WU server from a LAN server to the public Internet list so a few of my friend's around the world can play on my server with me. I have followed along with the internet server guides. I opened up my ports and I believe I forwarded them as well just to be sure, but the server is still landing on the LAN tab. Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? thank you in advance!!

The server will always also be visible in the LAN tab if it is in your local network.

If the server is correctly set up for Internet it will show up in the Internet tab additionally. When the server is visible in the LAN tab it does not mean that it is not on the Internet as well.

That is good to know. I did try to locate it in the internet side but it wouldn't show. I have been doing additional troubleshooting and it turns out my router is not working correctly. I am going to be getting a new router and trying again. I will post again if I have issues after that.

Ok, so, I got a new computer.

Somehow, the old bucket of wires was just unable to work with my router software. The new one was able to get all the ports open. Oddly, I still can't get the server to show on the Internet side of WU. It tells me the RMI is disabled? I am so lost. Can someone please help me figure this out?

I had the same issues last year, never figure it out and like Sklo said, it can be on the internet list, just cant see it. I know it is weird and tricky thing to do trying to fix this damn thing. So i had no luck in here, just had to find another way around.