Sign in to follow this  
Sidereal

Only allow potions to be applied to items that make sense

Sometimes my mousing hand isn't as steady or as accurate as I would like it to be and things happen...

[10:32:02] You start to smear the potion of butchery on the potion of butchery.
[10:32:10] You stop imbuing.

Fortunately I caught this in time, but it seems unfortunate that such valuable items can be accidentally applied to anything!  If a fence can't be bashed with a sprout, perhaps a potion of butchery should only be able to be applied to things that can be used in butchering?  I realize this is a small thing that many Wurmians will never have to worry about, but realized it couldn't hurt to ask.  :)

Yours truly, Auntie Sid

ps - i don't always catch it in time and it has left me with some...interesting items in my possession :blink:

[20:08:10] A brass tube the length of your underarm. It has a small hole in one end covered by glass, and a similar but larger one on the other end.
[20:08:10] It has been smeared with a potion of the ropemaker, so it improves Ropemaking max QL [19]

Edited by Sidereal
  • Like 6

Would be helpful for any item where the effect would not be applicable. I used a shipbuilding potion on a file not realizing the potion allied to creation only.

This is a good idea that makes sense.  Let's just hold off on implementing until my treasure hunting hat is finished please!

DQ2maYn.png

• Like 7

or quickly add fix in the game with nightly build and add Profile checkbox to allow you to imbue anything, solution for everybody