Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Petition: Make empty ship transporters loadable

It is understandable that ship transporters have been made unloadable, as a dirty hack to avoid infinite recursive loading transporters on ship which carry transporters which carry ships ... you get it.

But it is just that, a dirty hack rendering a vehicle unloadable. Consequence are lots of transporters stranded on islands (as long as there is no bridge), and transporters useless for trade. There are even rare transporters rotting in the wild.

Another aspect are knarr sailable tunnels. Were ship transporters loadable, a deep water ship could just load one, having two horses either on lead or in cages (or just catch 2 sea horses) and unload, hitch, and load ship  to pass such a tunnel. Would be much help for Xanadu in particular, where dual use tunnels are quite common.

• Like 3

I'm always seeing ship transporters cluttering up the docks and left to rot because you just can't take it with you. I wonder how hard it would be to allow only an empty transporter to be loaded on a boat? Limiting it of course to the bigger ships.

• Like 3

Bumping this. Same goes for empty creature transporters which are not loadable either. And also, in PvE only, for battering rams and catapults which are construction (demolition) engines for own structures in PvE.

Yes, +1.  I had to leave a rare one behind on Pristine when I moved to Deli.