Sign in to follow this  
Lancelot

Goodbye

Lancelot, good to see you are still around :) I remember your WS freebie grind well, seems just like yesterday.

I have learnt to never say never to Wurm, I was away for 4 years, but now I am back!

Also you are never to old to play Wurm, or any MMO, you have a long way to go to get to my age before you can even think about calling yourself "old" 

Take care of yourself out in the real world, enjoy the holidays. (hope to see you back some day)

On 12/4/2022 at 3:58 AM, Lancelot said:

I am in my 52nd year, and I think I am a bit too old to be playing an MMO. 

Oh, dear.  I am well into my 54th ... I do in Wurm what I am too old to do in real life.

• Like 4

I hate to see the good ones go and from the sound of it you are indeed a good one. I hope all goes well for you in all your future endeavors. ~ From one old village smith to another. ;)

• Like 1

You guys have given me so much love here , you may have almost convinced me to come back. 

Maybe.

• Like 3

On 12/3/2022 at 5:50 PM, Lancelot said:

Hello. 

How are you all doing ? All good I hope, despite all this ###### we're in. 

Some of you out there will probably remember me . I'm the weapon smith that used to give free imps to all and sundry on their server. 

Some may even call me a turncoat, a traitor. 

I first logged into Premium time on 12 December 2012, and, back then, there were only two servers. Independence, and Wild. 

I joined a village on the former, Silent Hill. I spent many a good evening there, playing alongside Eliasthecrimson, Aeris, Tombat, and Stalk.. 

I was soon made an Elder by Elias, and took Tris back to see all was still good. 

When Exodus opened up in 2012 I founded a deed there, my first of 5. .

I then went to Chaos and lived there for four years,. I should have gone to Wild first I guess, because I loved the PVP side of Wurm. 

II also played on Epic, as a member of The Horde.  That was for about a year or so. 

I went back to PVE when Black Legion were no more. I was the only BL in the whole kingdom on that day. I grabbed a sailing boat and headed for Xanadu, where I founded a deed, called Arthur's Seat. 

I have played with long established players and newbies alike, and I've treated all the same, as intelligent, dignified people. 

I am saying goodbye, community. It has been a ###### good trip. Take care, each and every one of you.

Yours most sincerely, Lancelot.

X

You have been a true rolemodel for me in my early days in Wurm. Thanks for everything

Edited by Sklo:D

I'm the same age as you and my love for the game is undimmed, although I have had a few breaks over the years, for me, one does not simply leave Wurm, it's in my blood with over 10 years of Wurming isn't so easily left alone!

Best of luck for the future, Wurm is the better for your endeavour and the memories will stay forever.

Cheers

Solmark

Lancelot,

You're a legend, man!  i met you on Xanadu. i'm pretty shy when it comes to social interactions, but you were always very nice to me. (i'm 50!)

Bobert

I remember you from back in the Silent Hill days! An asset to the game. You'll never be away for ever.

All the best for whatever you get up to instead.

You always struck me as a good person, and you've certainly been and will continue to be missed.

o_O

Wasn't this like 5 years ago?  You can just log in.  It doesn't take very long to just log in.  By your standards, I permanently quit wurm 6 or 7 times each decade.

Sorry to hear that. Wish you all the best. Quitting because you`re 52 years old? You`re in the best time of your life as the really best part of life starts after 50, I`m 43 and still wait for that.

Edited by Mormo
  • Like 1

Hate to see ya go! Good luck in whatever you do next. Age is but a number like wine gets better with age. May you find happiness in whatever it is you do.

I am 35 about to be 36. 💖

On 12/3/2022 at 4:50 PM, Lancelot said:

I am saying goodbye, community. It has been a ###### good trip. Take care, each and every one of you.

Yours most sincerely, Lancelot.

X

I've been away myself, so only just now seeing this. Always a tinge of sadness when someone you've played a game with for years hangs it up, but I'm glad you gave us a goodbye so we didn't wonder or worry what happened to you. Take care of yourself, mate!

Of course, you know if you do get the itch somewhere down the line, there's bound to be some of us still kicking about to welcome you back.

But I have to add: sod off with 52 being too old to play an MMO. 😝

Don't be a stranger. If you've got Steam, I'm Schiann there - it would be great to keep in touch. 

Edited by Schiann

Lancelot, I remember you from both Indy and Exodus and you have always been a joy to play with. Please don't be a stranger, our community needs good folks like you around. 

And you're never too old to play MMOs! Especially Wurm - this is basically an MMO Retirement Home .;)

Edited by Moxie

On 12/3/2022 at 11:58 AM, Lancelot said:

Hello Cecci, how are you doing ,? I hope you are all good. 

I am in my 52nd year and am just hitting my stride! Do what you love. Age is just a number and Wurm is blind to age.

We dont know one another but hoping you stick around!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 10:58 AM, Lancelot said:

Hello Cecci, how are you doing ,? I hope you are all good. 

You influenced my Wurm world early on with your example of being a fine ws and helping people, I will always appreciate that. At 60 I think the ties to old friends in Wurm mean more than ever for me. Not too old yet.