Sign in to follow this  
Lancelot

Goodbye

Hello. 

How are you all doing ? All good I hope, despite all this ###### we're in. 

Some of you out there will probably remember me . I'm the weapon smith that used to give free imps to all and sundry on their server. 

Some may even call me a turncoat, a traitor. 

I first logged into Premium time on 12 December 2012, and, back then, there were only two servers. Independence, and Wild. 

I joined a village on the former, Silent Hill. I spent many a good evening there, playing alongside Eliasthecrimson, Aeris, Tombat, and Stalk.. 

I was soon made an Elder by Elias, and took Tris back to see all was still good. 

When Exodus opened up in 2012 I founded a deed there, my first of 5. .

I then went to Chaos and lived there for four years,. I should have gone to Wild first I guess, because I loved the PVP side of Wurm. 

II also played on Epic, as a member of The Horde.  That was for about a year or so. 

I went back to PVE when Black Legion were no more. I was the only BL in the whole kingdom on that day. I grabbed a sailing boat and headed for Xanadu, where I founded a deed, called Arthur's Seat. 

I have played with long established players and newbies alike, and I've treated all the same, as intelligent, dignified people. 

I am saying goodbye, community. It has been a ###### good trip. Take care, each and every one of you.

Yours most sincerely, Lancelot.

X

• Like 18

Well, I for one, always liked you! I have a few found memories of a champ rat connected to you.
Farewell, and see you when you come back, cause we all come back sooner or later...

Hugs

/C

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Hello Cecci, how are you doing ,? I hope you are all good. 

I am in my 52nd year, and I think I am a bit too old to be playing an MMO. 

• Like 1

Wish you great future experiences until...

...see you again! Well, a lot of active players here a decade or more older than you - I'm afraid without a proper set of shrink sessions this sneaky addiction cannot be fully cured...

• Like 4

I've never met you in-game, but I have heard about the many kind acts that you have performed in PvE..

I hope that you can come back from time to time as- with respect- I disagree with your last sentence in your reply to Cecci! I am not too shy to say that I am quite a bit older than you and I still love playing Wurm. I only wish I had found it even earlier than I did.

Whatever you decide, all the very best to you

• Like 1

Lancelot! Don't go man, 52 isn't too old, I'm almost 61 and playing every day that I can :)  Don't say goodbye, take a break if you must, but don't say goodbye :)

• Like 6

Lancelot , your never to old to live and play in Wurm :)

Hope you come back , we will be waiting

You take care

JC

3 hours ago, Lancelot said:

alot of ppl older then that play this game..its meant for older players tbh, anyways i do hope you return and i also wish you the best good luck.

Video games are just like any other hobby, would people think you to old to play cards, watch TV, read? I don't understand the stigma against video games and how old you should be to play or stop playing them. I am 51 years young :) and I love playing. Its cheaper than going to the movies or out to dinner and its more social than watching TV.

I hope this doesn't come across as having a go at you, I really am not. I hate that you feel like your too old to do anything.

I wish you the best in whatever you decided to do :)

Indigoe 💓

• Like 5

Lots of grey gamers in Wurm, at 52 you don't even qualify for the word "grey" :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Nonsense. If this was WoW, than maaaaaybe.... although that's still debatable. But this is Wurm! A retirement MMO for those of us who used to raid 3 days a week on crazy-paced MMOs for that next level of pants that were pretty much the same as the pants we were wearing, but had a blue buckle instead of red, which meant they gave +1.2% to napkin folding, or some other equally important stat. 52 is not old here... or anywhere online anymore, really. Times have changed.

So, if this is the only reason you are leaving, then I hope that you are back some day!

• Like 1

You've done a lot of good for Silent Hill over the years, and we're thankful and grateful for it!

Not sure what we would've done without the crazy village weaponsmith that saw to it that our weapons were up to standard. And a lot of random things got a QL upgrade while you were grinding your skills. You've always helped maintain the village and also make sure it was safe. Not to mention the fact that you've helped recruit a lot of new players (I'm sure yours was the first friendly face a lot of new players saw).

But more importantly: You've been a great person to be around ❤️

You not only recruited new villagers: You helped them find their footing, while being kind and patient with them. And you've been a good friend and villagemate to the rest of us as well, someone with whom we've shared a lot of good moments. We've had both serious talks and a lot of laughs together.

I'd be lying if I said we won't be missing you, but: When someone says good bye, or takes a break from Wurm, it's usually because they'll be better off in some way for it. We want what's best for you, and hope you'll be well and enjoy whatever you get up to!

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 5

Going to miss seeing you around. If you ever decide to come back again, would love to see you return to NEXA.

I look back to all of my previous interactions with you and can say with confidence - you were one of the nicest folks!

But don't worry, as much as you try - Wurm will drag you back in.

Crazy to think how long we've been playing this crazy game - isn't it?

It's never goodbye, it's until next time!

- Felt

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lancelot said:

LOL!

52!

If that is your reason, get back here youngster!

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Best of luck Lancelot, you are a rolemodel for any young wurmian, just like you were for me back in the day. Come back any time, wurm is waiting.

Sorry to see you go man, I think there is still plenty of room for you here...

Other than that, take care in your future ventures :)

Bon voyage...

hat-tip-greetings.gif

Met the guy at impalong/s, pas legend.

• Like 1

Didn't get to know you too well, but i have always seen your name for how long I've been around.

Good luck out there, maybe Wurm will take you back as it did to me when i "quit" haha

Enjoy the time off. You'll always have a place in this community.

Please come back soon, you are a valued *young* member of the Wurm community - and please stop making me feel so old! ;)