Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

QoL Losing connection/crashing

Most games when you loose connection you will get some sort of indications. Like reconnecting box pop up, or buffering wheel.

This could help players to identify the problem more easily. Instead of a crash with no indicator, just a desktop. 

2nd option could be to have an in game connection strength status to server

or have them both.

Remember new players to the game would not know this is a connection issue. They would think the game just crashes all the time.

• Like 1

It also reminds me of a steam post by a player that started the game when the client said "Servers shutting down" making the player think the game was closing down.

That could easily be solved with an update saying "Server shutting down for maintenance".

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 3:01 PM, gorgian said:

They would think the game just crashes all the time.

For some players it does crash a lot.

• Like 1

I can tell you for experience that losing connection on pvp is not very fun. Especially in battle or in enemy territory. I like the idea and maybe automatically open the launcher if a crash is detected.

9 hours ago, ViperSnake said:

I can tell you for experience that losing connection on pvp is not very fun. Especially in battle or in enemy territory. I like the idea and maybe automatically open the launcher if a crash is detected.

rather not.. if somebody needs preloaded launcher can do it any time as it is

personally I always have an additional launcher up and ready to go in case I get disconnected since it happens so often. not that it's absolutely necessary to get right back in the game like in the case of pvp as Viper points out, but i may need to move to a better spot or put something away that's in inventory before doing a full system reboot.