Sign in to follow this  
Cynara

How could this have happened???

I have a fully enclosed 4x3 pen made out of chain fence with a LOCKED iron gate. The entire pen is on deed - none of it is on perimeter or off-deed. 

This morning, I found a venerable troll walking around in the pen and checked to see if the gate was still locked (it was) and checked to make sure no parts of the fence was broken (none were). He went into combat stance when I got close to the pen, but he couldn't get out until I unlocked the gate.

Just curious how this could have happened. Is it possible he could have spawned in there?

aggressive shouldn't be doing that,

I've seen wild boar to spawn ondeed

I had a similar situation with a wolf lately. On my deed, I have two buildings that are joint together by a fence, making it a closed enclosure. The only way into this enclosure is through one of the buildings, which has a door. That door is locked to the kingdom.

Yet the other day, I found a wolf inside. I checked my fences and my buildings for any breaches, but nothing. And the door is still locked to the kingdom. So, to this day, I have no idea how the wolf got in there.

Mobs can spawn on deed; contrary to the Wurm myths, they spawn on surface, too, not only in mines, and in perfectly safe enclosed areas.

A pen next to some high slopes or connected to a bridge will also facilitate mobs intrusion in locked areas.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Astarte said:

Mobs can spawn on deed; contrary to the Wurm myths, they spawn on surface, too, not only in mines, and in perfectly safe enclosed areas.

A pen next to some high slopes or connected to a bridge will also facilitate mobs intrusion in locked areas.

Aha, thanks for clearing that up for me! I had no clue - and first assumed one of the citizens let him in (but learned they had not). The troll sure wasn't happy about being in there, so maybe next time he will think twice about where he spawns (grin)! :)

If you have a house next to a large slope they can "fall" inside. One of the houses on deed mobs would be on the second floor so much my walls were always getting bashed down. Last time it happened I just demolished it. Oddly it's not the only house on that slope but was the only one they fell in.

The house next to it I used to could run off the slope and it would put me inside the second floor fenced in balcony.