Sign in to follow this  
pixieblossom

archeology, only boat

So, archeology is fun but adding something practical and desirable to it would be nice, my thought is an archeology only boat,

Here is my thought on it, I'm thinking a birchbark canoe, 

main features being can be held in inventory while empty(no heavier then 75), can hold two people and maybe a large crate or when runed a large crate

and a small barrel, come in three basic colors white, gold or red.  

qualifications should be moderate like a 40 ish piece arch puzzle, but moderate in raritly as well so they don't flood the market but are attainable, 

though my only other thought on it is that it should be a smidge faster then a rowboat, and shouldn't need anymore skill then a rowboat to sail, 

lets just make it cool :)

thoughts welcome feel free for suggestions thanks sincerely Pixie

• Like 13

I love the suggestion :) A Canoe in the inventory would be super nice, but no to allowing a large crate or barrel on it, a canoe is smaller than a rowboat and they cannot have those things, in fact neither can a sailing boat.

But +1 for the idea :)

• Like 6

+1

This would make travel so much better, in so many little ways

I'd no longer need to worry about someone deeding over my dock!

• Like 2

The comma confused me.

I thought I was going to read a suggestion for a feature that's like archaeology, but done in a boat. Presumably with a dredge.

I'm behind the idea of a portable boat, as long as it just gets one player across the water. 

• Like 4

Canoe as suggested above, made with leather and branches.

Or maybe an inflatable boat made with bladders and wax. 

• Like 2

I like it, we need ideas for usable things from archeology and a birchbark canoe sounds fun and original.

If I may do the addition, I think more vehicles from fragments like a Roman galley which would be as fast as a knarr but maybe with more capacity, or just better than any knarr or caravel. Also, why not a defending Golem, that would stay at your deed and defend it like a guard, but free?

• Like 2

+1

When I first saw the title I imagined a buried boat such as the Anglo-Saxon one at Sutton Hoo - which was discovered and painstakingly excavated and found to be full of never before imagined treasures! :D 

I would love to uncover a cache such as this!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutton_Hoo

220px-Sutton_Hoo_helmet_reconstructed.jpg220px-Anglo-Saxon_Sword_Belt_End_Ornament_from_Sutton_Hoo_Burial%2C_625-630_AD.jpg192px-Sutton_Hoo_%285%29.JPG220px-SHIP_MED.jpg

• Like 4

Love it! We need more boats, of course we do, because boats are cool, and arch-specific makes sense and it would be fun.

• Like 1