Sign in to follow this  
mysterydate

Ships that act like wagoner

For shipping bulk to different servers we could use our wagoner's and hire them to take crates to docks that would have NPC ship captains that would work the same as wagoner's only for shipping to other servers ..sell shipping npc they would be located on coast and instead of wagons they load a small boat , also i have alot of cooking items and saddles backpacks and sacks....hanging wall racks for cooking and tack gear both would be a cool look for walls and handy to keep supplies tidied up 

• Like 5

i know for my own self i only buy things on xanadu cause of the fact i cant wait around for delivery ..this would solve alot of problems and give other servers more customers than before

+1 I have friends on other servers that I would love to send bulk mats to without having to waste a day or two sailing back and forth.

Yeah I said the same awhile ago now, I think if I remember correctly they were going to add ports into the game in some form or another. They could easily have set routes from port to port like a wagoner does. It would be a great feature in the game to send things in bulk to other servers, something i've always wanted to see in Wurm.

Some people have deeds on other servers also, how useful it would be to send between your deeds instead of sailing there and back yourself. I hope they add it to the game but no idea when ports are to be implemented or what they would look like.

• Like 1

This is a good idea. 

However, I would rather see some sort of contract system set up where players could get paid for making deliveries to different servers.  This would give players another option for income and career.  Merchant ships were a much used resource in early times and a contract system, other than the "trust factor", would make this an entertaining addition to Wurm.