Sign in to follow this  
Lovelie

[No Bug] Treasure Map's X mark was wrong

# What happened

75 ql rare old treasure map with X marked pretty much exactly here: https://harmony.yaga.host/#1926,1809

as i demonstrate in a gif:

4LY8dmC.gif

I tested with "Dig for treasure" at this exact location and also for multiple tiles directly north, south, east, and west.

(Tested each tile individually)

GM came and confirmed their guess was just about the same as my guess, but still didn't work.

Traded the map to GM, and they found out the treasure was actually to be dug here: https://harmony.yaga.host/#1937,1813

Here's another gif demonstrating the supposedly "correct" spot, just for fun:

GUEk6AE.gif

# What you expected to happen

Expected the treasure map to show the X in the spot where I should dig.

Instead, it was off to the southeast, clearly "wrong" when compared to the X on the map.

# Steps to reproduce

Be unlucky?

Unsure if any of these details matter, but... 

this was the 2nd step I completed on this map

the map may have been traded to me from one of my husband's characters (Decaf or Decafather) -  but I'm not 100% on this

and another player in Freedom chat said that they sometimes had to dig 10 tiles north, south, east, or west of the "X" shown on their own maps

• Like 1

I had a map that showed the X off the road a few tiles north into a wooded area and found the treasure only after digging for it on the actual road.

High QL maps may have some inaccuracy built into them but will always be fairly close to the x, low quality maps should always be basically right under it you can dig.

• Like 1

Treasure hunting is definitely imprecise.

I have a strong suspicion the tower I am supposed to find "Tarkiss 906" on Melody has rotted away and no longer exists. 

If possible Devs, please confirm.

I too have noticed there is a variance on both "X" placement and display of pavement on other maps.

Rev-

13 minutes ago, Reverent said:

Treasure hunting is definitely imprecise.

I have a strong suspicion the tower I am supposed to find "Tarkiss 906" on Melody has rotted away and no longer exists. 

If possible Devs, please confirm.

I too have noticed there is a variance on both "X" placement and display of pavement on other maps.

Rev-

Open a ticket about the tower one I will have someone check it out for ya.

51 minutes ago, Darklords said:

High QL maps may have some inaccuracy built into them but will always be fairly close to the x, low quality maps should always be basically right under it you can dig.

So is this a feature, not a bug?

Just clarifying, because the GM (sorry, not sure who) was the one to recommend me submit this as a bug.

11 minutes ago, Lovelie said:

So is this a feature, not a bug?

Just clarifying, because the GM (sorry, not sure who) was the one to recommend me submit this as a bug.

Correct not a bug. The GM's just suggest posting things that may be bugs then it is up to the developers or QA to clarify or add it as a bug. End of the day though we appreciate all reports regardless of the end result so never feel bad about just posting one for clarification if you feel it may be a bug.

1 minute ago, Darklords said:

Correct not a bug. The GM's just suggest posting things that may be bugs then it is up to the developers to clarify or add it as a bug.

I see. Thanks for the response.

Would there be any room for consideration that, as a player, false information =/= more difficult clue?

It feels good to figure out a challenge, whether it's because of the ink splotches or extreme blurriness obfuscating the map details -- perhaps even some wacky roleplaying ideas like a map that's been drawn upside-down or with inverted/altered color schemes could be interesting challenges too.

It doesn't feel good to spend time and effort deciphering the clue which says "figure this out and dig over here" only for it to essentially turn out as "just kidding, that was a lie".

If this warrants a separate thread I'll gladly make it too!

1 minute ago, Lovelie said:

I see. Thanks for the response.

Would there be any room for consideration that, as a player, false information =/= more difficult clue?

It feels good to figure out a challenge, whether it's because of the ink splotches or extreme blurriness obfuscating the map details -- perhaps even some wacky roleplaying ideas like a map that's been drawn upside-down or with inverted/altered color schemes could be interesting challenges too.

It doesn't feel good to spend time and effort deciphering the clue which says "figure this out and dig over here" only for it to essentially turn out as "just kidding, that was a lie".

If this warrants a separate thread I'll gladly make it too!

Ya feel free to throw this in a suggestion forum thread we could for sure consider changing things if the support is there.

• Cat 1

8 hours ago, Darklords said:

So we are to assume that the higher ql the map is the more drunk the map maker was? Given how blurry and hard they can be to figure out? If so i can understand why they write reminders to buy olives at the market and then loose their map and their treasure alongside it.

But still this really should not be a thing as high quality maps can already take hours to solve only to be told "HAH sucks to be you the x is not the spot and its somewhere within these 50 tiles around it have fun checking the 2500 tiles total around it for the next step/treasure"