Sign in to follow this  
UthgardDavies

Melody Christmas Impalong 27-30 December 2022

MELODY Impalong

Currently hosting 27-30 December 2022

DISCORD = https://discord.gg/qkYGRUk3fK

iSTYMGo.jpg

To all those whom hold interest. I have worked on building an area to hold an Impalong on Melody  (Coords Q-11).  We are going to have Games Hosted by Pythius with some prizes. (If anyone has any donations for small prizes to be given out please reach out to Pythius on Melody.

The things I will need moving forward are supplies.

Skilled Artisans (crafters) that have offered to volunteer their time to assist in the event.

Carpentry - Lovelie, Annasari, Mortecai/Miniwick, UthgardDavies, Whiteshadowtas, Pythius, Jomog, Saturnfive, Timowi, Darwenius

Fine Carpentry - Lovelie, Homestead, Pythius, Jomog, Timowi

Bowery - Khellus, Pythius, Jomog

Ship Building - Homestead, Annasari, Pythius, Jomog, Saturnfive

Blacksmith - Tekopp, Thassador, Sevenhavenz, Killashandra, Carmichael, Tigerclaw, Mortecai/Miniwick, Whiteshadowtas, Pythius, Jomog, Saturnfive, Timowi

Weaponsmith - Lethyria, Carmichael, Pythius, Jomog

Armorsmith Plate-  SweetSerenade, Pythius, Jomog, Kaufecake, Saturnfive                  Armorsmith Chain - SweetSerenade, Carmichael, Whiteshadowtas, Pythius, Jomog

Shield Smith - SweetSerenade, Carmichael, Pythius, Jomog, Saturnfive, Darwenius

Jeweler - Pythius, Jomog, Saturnfive

Leatherworker - Tekopp, Killashandra, Carmichael, Pythius, Jomog, Darwenius

Tailor - Tekopp, Ayelle, Pythius, Jomog

Masonry - Tigerclaw, Pythius, Jomog, Saturnfive

Pottery - Timowi

Rope Making - Timowi, Tekopp

Skilled Priests (Casters)

Vynora - Lethyria, Pythius, Jomog, Baconbread, Bleu

Fo -  Pythius, Jomog

Magranon-

Libila - Kiwiroo, Pythius, Jomog, Kaffikopp, Sorceress

I have working stations for most everything, with storage areas being completed. Tailoring area also has a Dye zone for those of you to mix your paints.

whLSd0f.jpg

There is a Cookhouse for all those willing to cook up some food for everyone while you skill up. As well as parking for Carts/Wagons many have been enchanted already.

juRslAi.jpg

Hotel with close to 40 beds located next to the crafting area.

rTggA01.jpg

Arena Completed and confirmed with GM Enki as well as others that they will be there to help out and spawn some fun inside for people to fight.

wnjvAoR.jpg

Priests will be able to get Maximum Sermon participation with the Artisans being stationed just above the Alters for Sermon/Sacrificing and Casting area on bottom floor of Impalong Building.

Sacrificial materials for each Deity would be appreciated. Decor for each Deity  corner in the works as well.

DGf0GSv.jpg

Hoping to have fun with this. Pythius has some games as well for people to partake in. She has a list of games on the Discord Events Tab.

The Deed is at Q-11 in Melody accessible by boat (docking below at water edge) or by Highway (Fort Hood is closest Waystone).

Just sticking this in here for placeholder as it may be updated or changed as needs to do so arise.

I like the rules from Lunalong by Dracaa so I borrowed it as this is my first event and taking hints and tricks from those who have done this previously. I have tweaked it ever so slightly, but want to give Dracaa credit.

Rules 

Item Placement:

• Rename your items with your name before placing them into improvement/casting coffins, shelves or forges!
  • Please be sure to place your item in the right named coffin, shelves or forge.
  • Pick up your finished item as soon as possible to make space for new items.
  • If space is running short, Impalong staff will move finished items to "Overflow" shelves. This is on the each floor based on craft. If placed there you will need to contact Impalong staff in order to get your items.
  • Carving Knife, Sickle, and Scythe are Weapon Smithing.
  • (Cooking) Knife and Leather Knife are Blacksmithing.
  • New fishing rods are Fine carpentry.
  • Legacy rods are Carpentry.
  • Fishing Reels are Jewelry Smithing.
  • The deep water reel is Blacksmithing.
  • There is plans to have Dye station active and operated by Arno. To get something Dyed place the item with your name and color in the proper Coffin. (Will get more details as work them out with his availability)
  • Since this is a charitable event intended to bring the community together, bad actors motivated by greed are not welcome to continue to take advantage of the generosity and kindness of the participants. For those reasons, we will not invite you to attend in the future.

Improvements/Enchanting:

• Items will be improved to 70ql at the discretion of the of the imper. If you want higher you can pm the imper and ask as long there isn't a backlog of items to be imped.
  • Only items that are 70ql+ will be enchanted on, or if named to be a skiller items.
  • Place your items into the coffin labeled with the enchantment you want. You have to move them to the next coffin if you want another enchantment on them.
  • Target casts will be 70.
  • If something needs to be dispelled please talk to a priest. they can not pick up items and to dispel they must hold item. Do this at your own risk.
  • DO NOT PLACE IN ALTARS!!! They get sac and you lose it.
  • Getting your items enchanted is at your own risk! Items can break in the process of being enchanted.

Sermons:

• Don't sermon without being in the sermon group chat in-game.
  • Sermon when it's your turn.
  • Be sure to post your sermon tic and the list updated for the next sermon.
  • For example [17:33:12] Faith increased by 0,1 to 52,5451
  • The next sermon will be at 31 minutes after the last faith/preaching tick
  • For example xx:04 Dracaa, Kogawolfjf, Lunalong, Whiteivy, Runninghorse, Lunadark
  • If you miss your turn to preach by being 5 minutes late,  the next person in line will be asked to take your spot. You be next in line again and an asterisk is next to your name.
  • Someone will need to be sure they pm the person 5 mins before their turn to be sure they are aware of their turn.
  • For example xx:09 Kogawolfjf, Dracaa*, Lunalong, Whiteivy, Runninghorse, Lunadark
  • If you don't do your turn again there be a pm sent stating that you were removed from the list and you can get back on when you come back.
  • For example xx:46 Lunalong, Whiteivy, Runninghorse, Lunadark, Kogawolfjf, (Open)
  • If there are less than 6 players active then there be Open spots that other new players can join in.
  • If you know you will be AFK until your next sermon, please let the team know so that they can put brackets around your name so they are aware you're AFK.
  • For example xx:17 Whiteivy, Runninghorse, Lunadark, Kogawolfjf, (Open), (Lunalong)
  • If your turn comes up and you AFK and you have been pm 5 mins before and pm that you missed your turn the 1st time. you get an asterisk by your name.
  • For example xx:20  (Lunalong)*, Runninghorse, Lunadark, Kogawolfjf, Dracaa, Whiteivy
  • After the second miss you have a pm telling you. that you missed again was dropped. If someone is dropped and the list gets moved 30 mins ahead. to let everyone know there be a plus in front of their name. each plus is a 30 min jump ahead.
  • For example xx:51  +Runninghorse, +Lunadark, +Kogawolfjf, +Dracaa, +Whiteivy, Lunalong
  • You get a pm that your time was bumped up 5 mins before your sermon is now. if you don't respond then after the 5 min after the sermon time the next person can go. they to will be pm to when it is close to that time, then the person will lose the plus but not gain a asterisk.
  • For example xx:22  Runninghorse, +Kogawolfjf, +Dracaa, +Whiteivy, Lunalong, Lunadark
  • There be a sermon group on the discord as well. So if you go to work or have to be gone for an extra-long time you can keep an eye on it and let them know there too. This is not a requirement just an extra tool for you to use.
  • I hope to have Mizziry working on the tracker but that is not hammered out yet.
  • This method allows the fairest way to allow people to participate even if someone has to leave for work or goes to bed, (s)he can calculate when his / her next sermon(s)
    are up and make sure (s)he's there. The Impalong building is designed in a way similar to VirusMD for efficiency in sermons with all Artisans located within 5 tiles of sermons on floors above allowing for maximum ticks.

Other:

• Do NOT bring a dozen items of the same type to get improved/enchanted. We hope to have enough volunteers to assist, but as of now we don't want to get too backlogged.
  • You can bring a quiver of arrows or 4 horseshoes to be improved/enchanted. (Need Bowery/Fletcher volunteer)
  • Do NOT sell items that you've gotten improved/enchanted here. If we hear you have done that you won't be welcome the next impalong.
  • Please turn off your personal light sources like lanterns, torches, and glow rings or things with a glow on it! It helps with the lag for everyone else.
  • Do not use the imping mats to make things. Ask in local or UthgardDavies for lower ql mats to do so.
  • If you have any issues contact UthgardDavies in-game or on the Discord.
  • There will be a sermon group so please ask to get in. there is a sermon every 30 mins if you try to sermon without it being your turn it well not give you a full tick and well mess up the sermon times. So be sure to get in the list and wait your turn.
  • Rare Equipment/weapons/armor that are in the forges or shelves for improvements/casts must be completed before end of day activities each day. (Users be aware of chance of Shatter on Rare items and they can't be replaced during Casts.)

Appreciations:

I'd like to send out a generous thank you to those who have already donated so much to this event.

Hantance - provided tons of Sandstone, All of the Forges on top of the Impatorium,  and his generous time to come out and surface mine down a mountains edge to allow for the Arena space.

Yhargh - provided most of the Marble for the Arena building and much of his time to build additional Decor, Storage, Pans and Bowls for cookhouse amongst other things, and to the great amount of work on future cut through canal from the south up to the Chapel next to the Impalong deed (to be opened in future).

Mizziry - the better half of this Duo, she has been a great support at home with the kiddos to allow me the time to build the deed up after long work days, as well as in game with Decor, building, and improving the deed/ enchanting grass in preparation for the event and working on the Future tunnel/canal through from the south to Q12 area. This all while she helps others on the server with animals, preparing rift pens, casting spells for others, etc. Without her support this would not likely have been possible.

Icubleed - for his generous time working on the deed and providing time and materials to building it up getting it ready for the event and his friendship over the past few years of Melody's existance.

Enki and the other GM's who have offered their time to enhance the event with stocking the Arena pit with beasts to fight, and any other antics they may add along the way to keep people involved.

Lothgar - adding materials to use on the completion of the Arena.

Pythius - for offering her time to come up with games for attendees to partake in while at the event as well as enchanting grass in the parking locations as she was able to get by.

Meldor - for very Generous offering of 90s QL metals for imping.

Revenant - for donating materials and many starter tools parts with CoC 70s casts already completed.

Lovelie for donating storage containers.

Tekopp - for saccables, Tailoring and LW supplies, and additional metals.

.....More to come

Prize Donators:

- Knarr (donated by Pythius) - Sailboat (donated by Pythius) - Rare copper butchering knife (donated by Lethyria) - 2x 90ql casted huge axes (donated by Lethyria) - 2x 90ql casted staffs (donated by Lethyria)

- 1x Demon helm (donated by Icubleed) - 1x Bjarne the Bear (donated by Icubleed) - 1x Santa hat (donated by Icubleed) - 1x Black bear helm (donated by Icubleed) - Set of shielding shoulderpads (donated by Icubleed)

- 5s (donated by Santurnfive) - 3x Sleep Powders (donated by Icubleed) - 2x 5s (donated by Icubleed) - 1x Ebony 4 Speed Horse (donated by Mizziry)

As Promised. The list of current Materials gathered to Impalong deed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRg_PJRU9p-xG140BkJEFjJDfqpx1gNLgZchlhCgstj0OGcIM-QcjTVT6UO0T4lFZWUwaFJoUPq2I2h/pub

I would like to send out Appreciation to all the Artisans, Casters, and GM's that participated with the event. You made this event successful.

Melody Christmas Impalong 2022.

419jDF8.jpg

Edited by UthgardDavies
End of the Event
  • Like 8
  • Cat 1

Yay it looks amazing! Well done!!

I'm happy to do Carpentry and Fine Carpentry.

Also, what kind of storage bins do you need? I have extras, or I can make and donate some gladly.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lovelie said:

Yay it looks amazing! Well done!!

I'm happy to do Carpentry and Fine Carpentry.

Also, what kind of storage bins do you need? I have extras, or I can make and donate some gladly.

I have been building BCU's and Crate Racks. so maybe some crates for the racks? Maybe a couple more storage shelves for people to drop off stuff for casts?

Looks amazing add me to the list

Saturnfive - can move where needed

Kiwiroo - lib priest

• Like 1

Looking good! I'll be there.

Do you have a list or google doc or something showing what you are missing of materials? I should be able to contribute with leather, metals, shards and some Libila favor

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rusk said:

Looking good! I'll be there.

Do you have a list or google doc or something showing what you are missing of materials? I should be able to contribute with leather, metals, shards and some Libila favor

I do not have one yet. I am just getting some things together. I have someone who has offered some metals. I have lots of wemp and cotton, and some vegetables and other cooking materials. I am starting to compile a list of names of those volunteering either mats or skill to the event. I will update the post as I begin getting count of materials and see what is still needed. All help is appreciated, Thanks so much.

• Like 1

Thanks for organizing this ❤️ You can count me in on the smithing side :)

• Like 3

Thank you for hosting, very excited! Volunteering for carp and ships. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, biglulu said:

I can donate a few LC's of 70ql logs for this! :)

Awesome. Much appreciated. I have BCU's on 2nd floor of Imp building for carp materials/crafting

7 hours ago, Annasari said:

Thank you for hosting, very excited! Volunteering for carp and ships. 

Got you on my  list

8 hours ago, Thassadar said:

Thanks for organizing this ❤️ You can count me in on the smithing side :)

Got you on my list

Tekopp:

Leatherworking 89, Cloth 76

Carpentry 80, (Fine carp 65)

Blacksmithing 76

Masonry 73 (stone cutting 62, pottery 60)

other skills that might be useful: Tailoring 53, Ropemaking 62, Papyrus 56

Kaffikopp:

Libila priest 93 faith, channeling 82. Should get Benediction finished this weekend \o/

He also has cooking 32, so can help out with chopping veggies for favour

• Like 2

Those who do not make Santa's list, will be making mine.....

besides, my list is much more merry and festive....

with all the blood that shall be spilt!

• Like 9

I can help out with imping armour sets

99.5 Shield Smithing
93 Chain armour smithing
91 Plate Armour Smithing

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Put me down for carp and fine carp.

Can help with ship building if needed.

• Like 3

By the looks of things I think I can only come over on the 30th :( but I'm up to do some blacksmithing this time :) Will get all of them horseshoes to 70ql this time xD

• Like 3

I am so happy you are holding it Uthgard! Since i am still a noobie and cant help imping stuff and what not I would love helping otherwise with firing the forges taking stuff out of overflow storages and what not. I have been doing that on SFI too and I know how exhausting it can get to run it so please add me as staff and I would love to help in any possible way even working on my imping a bit.

This is Atlantis from your Ally btw :D

• Like 2

I'll be there to help with Blacksmithing and Leatherwork (99 skill, IGN Killashandra)

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

I am willing to offer Bowyery services for this event. Currently (81+ Bowyery, slated to hit 90 before the event).  Let me know if you require anything else

• Like 1