Sign in to follow this  
Scapegoat

Black screen at game launch

I am having an issue when I launch the game in where I am just getting a black screen and the windows loading cursor wont go away. I reinstalled the game through steam and also checked the file integrity.  After doing this a few times I noticed that after I check integrity and get it clear, the game will then update when I load the Wurm launcher.  Then if I go back to check the file integrity it will say there are 2 incorrect files and it will correct.  This repeats every time I load the launcher and then check the integrity.

Not sure where to go from here.  I recently updated my video drivers I am not sure if that might be an issue. I have an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT.

hi there, same problem here. i have set the graphic game settings in launcher to medium and it works now. ^^ Dont know why this doesnt work at high or max.

So try this. ^^ good day ;)

• Cat 1

I had the exact same issue. When I launch WO through Steam, game goes to a black screen, I see a neverending loading cursor and eventually freezes.

Diddi's advice worked for me. Some heroes don't wear a cape. He's da man! Free beers for Diddi.

I switched to medium graphics and now it loads.

I have an AMD Ryzen™ 3 2200G. Are there known issues in this game with AMD hardware? You also have AMD and I found many other threads of users who have AMD and had problems lanching this game.

Maybe some particular individual settings in Custom cause the incompatibility with our AMD hardware? I wonder which setting.

Could it be the number of threads? Custom lets us choose 4 or 8. My Ryzen has 4 cores, so choosing 8 there shouldn't work. I can't see if the high and maximum settings use 8 threads.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

I have same issue, but not steam version. I stopped playing/paying for wurm. If they cant fix this for their players, then they dont need players money as well. Good day all.

Apparently, all i had to do is reduce all graphics. Even thought it used to work just fine. It could be, that this happened, because my laptop is super old.

When i had an issue with the game loading after the launcher i found that changing from the pre determined High Graphics settings to custom graphics settings that it stopped the issue.

I would suggest going through a process of elimination of the settings to see which one might have caused your issue @Dragonikaand let us know here.