Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Wurm Online Update - 2022-11

Hello all!

I’m here with an update on what’s happening with Wurm Online!

First, we will be having a Black Friday sale again this year! Like last year, this sale will run from Wednesday through Sunday and will feature 25% off premium and silver prices, with 30% off one-year premium purchases. Don’t worry; we’ll get this information in the launcher soon.

Next, I’m pleased to announce that Exploration: Part II has a release date of December 13th! We will be opening up the Cartography part for playtesting this Friday, with other features becoming available for testing as they pass our internal tests. This date is a goal, but we will change it if needed to address issues that may arise from playtesting.

Finally, I have set a goal of having a better road map ready by January 2023. We have many suggestions from when the site was open, plus what has been made on the forum and what we already had in our pipeline. 2023 will be a year of new player retention, quality-of-life improvements, reworks, and bug fixing. We do have the desire to implement more significant features, but this work will be secondary to the goal of improving the current Wurm Online experience.

Thank you for your support, and I hope everyone stays safe out there!

Happy Wurming!

Keenan

• Like 82
  • Cat 4

Bought 100s all of 5 minutes ago. Can't wait for the discount lmao.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

This sounds great!

Hopefully leveling tile borders with dredges is on the QoL list - since I didn't get a chance to submit it during the extremely short window the suggestion site was open for.

Speaking of borders, I hope 2023 sees the opening of the borders between NFI and SFI. 

• Like 12
  • Cat 1

11 minutes ago, Keenan said:

2023 will be a year of new player retention, quality-of-life improvements, reworks, and bug fixing. We do have the desire to implement more significant features, but this work will be secondary to the goal of improving

LETS GOOOOOO

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

Speaking of borders, I hope 2023 sees the opening of the borders between NFI and SFI. 

This is the single most terrifying thing for NFI I can possibly imagine.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Keenan said:

2023 will be a year of new player retention, quality-of-life improvements, reworks, and bug fixing. We do have the desire to implement more significant features, but this work will be secondary to the goal of improving the current Wurm Online experience.

I am super, super excited for this. Wurm has been a clunky, difficult-to-learn game for over a decade; there is so much work that could be done here that would have a huge impact on the game and its survivability in the future.

Awesome - Date to expect this awesome event - we will be having a Black Friday sale again this year! Like last year, this sale will run from Wednesday through Sunday and will feature 25% off premium and silver prices, with 30% off one-year premium purchases.  ??

Sun 💜

46 minutes ago, Madnath said:

LETS GOOOOOO

You can't have good without goo

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

2023 will be a year of new player retention, quality-of-life improvements, reworks, and bug fixing. We do have the desire to implement more significant features, but this work will be secondary to the goal of improving the current Wurm Online experience.

Best thing I read in a long time.

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

Finally, I have set a goal of having a better road map ready by January 2023.

Second best thing I read in a long time.

I love these priorities!

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1

merging north and south?  i'm going to keep asking "begging on knees" 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, validate said:

merging north and south?  i'm going to keep asking "begging on knees" 

No thanks

• Like 4

eFfmdb3.jpeg

In fact. Start the sale now because I'm in a hurry to give it to you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eyesgood said:

God I hope not

• Like 2

Love the leadership and direction you guys have now, excited for wurms future! Will be here sticking around 🙂

Edited by Zerobyte

If 2023 will be focused on bug fixes, does that mean we will not see the goblin camps for another year?

14 minutes ago, griper said:

If 2023 will be focused on bug fixes, does that mean we will not see the goblin camps for another year?

That is the plan for after the currently announced content has been released, goblins camps are planned to come out with everything else.

• Like 4

Whoot whoot!  Wish the sale started sooner to be honest, as traveling during the holiday means that I have a chance to miss it.  But, it is what it is.