Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Sprouts, Lawn, Wurmtastic

We can turn the ground under a planted bush/tree into a lawn with scissors, but why not allow sprouts to be planted onto lawn tiles as well, retaining the lawn?

Weird that I have to wreck my lawn tile to plant a sprout, to then turn it back to lawn with scissors.

• Like 2

Then disallow random sprouting but code in to allow player specific.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

We can turn the ground under a planted bush/tree into a lawn with scissors

This is in a progress turning the tile into a complete lawn. It will eventually turn into a complete lawn after the bush/tree die. Bush/tree on a lawn tile can consider as a half-way lawn.

but why not allow sprouts to be planted onto lawn tiles as well, retaining the lawn?

After complete the lawn, it should not have any sprouts.

Weird that I have to wreck my lawn tile to plant a sprout, to then turn it back to lawn with scissors.

This is a preparation to create a good condition for the the bush/tree to grow successfully. Remove the grass, wreck the lawn, cultivate, maybe even mulching, etc.

22 minutes ago, Coach said:

This is in a progress turning the tile into a complete lawn. It will eventually turn into a complete lawn after the bush/tree die. Bush/tree on a lawn tile can consider as a half-way lawn.

After complete the lawn, it should not have any sprouts.

That's not accurate at all. I have trees with lawns under them that have lived and died for years.

The mechanic is quite literally to allow lawn to be the ground of a tree/bush tile.

• Like 1

The progess is allow. People can make the half-way lawn for look. It just doesnt look like a complete lawn.

If the game uses exactly the same code to determine (1) whether a random sprout can colonize a tile, and (2) whether the player can plant a sprout on a tile, then there's a problem with this suggestion. But I'm not sure that's the case.