Sign in to follow this  
BudDirebeard

Alt-Tab Win10 issue

OK so here is a really weird one and I'm sorry that this is my first post but here goes,

I run multiple characters (like most i assume) so I have my main on steam and alts on Wurm client. All running on Windows 10.

Previously while running multi characters and pressing Alt+Tab I would get an actively rendered overview (small alt-tab window) of all my characters so I could see which character is not doing anything and go to that one to queue up more actions.

Now since an update of either Win10 (i suspect this is the issue) or Wurm client they are no longer rendering my Wurm client accounts, steam one is previewed via alt-tab.

Things I have tried:

Asked in CaHelp chat which help confirm the issue is probably more of a Win10 issue

Went into mutli tasking settings wasn't really many option nor did much seemed to change

Went into Advanced system performance options confirmed "enable Peak" is on

I'm now completely stumped and have no idea where to continue.

I'm sure it just some setting somewhere to increase performance that I have to tick on or off but just cant seem to find it.

Any and all help is much appreciated, Happy Wurming

-Bud Direbeard

Windows + tab key? Does this show preview for you.. isn't as small of a window.. but shows what you are used to use.

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Windows + tab key? Does this show preview for you.. isn't as small of a window.. but shows what you are used to use.

tried that as well same issue

also I can see the multi wurm accounts when i alt + tab or windows + tab but they are just still images not live/rendered previews, if that makes sense.

Edited by BudDirebeard

read online for windows feature with alt-tab/win-tab.. what it requires.. might be driver/hw related.. as long the game works as intended.. not really a thing ccab can do for you, unless somebody can think of something to share sadly

21 hours ago, Finnn said:

read online for windows feature with alt-tab/win-tab.. what it requires.. might be driver/hw related.. as long the game works as intended.. not really a thing ccab can do for you, unless somebody can think of something to share sadly

Thanks mate its just odd that it worked last week perfectly and not  now.

After a few days of searching I have circled back around to here to update findings;

The Alt + Tab or Win + Tab feature is called Live Preview on Windows and I have made sure all its settings are ticked anywhere I could find them.

The other thing to note is that the only program that is not behaving as intended is the Wurm Online client

I have try Wurm on steam which previews correctly

Youtube video on different chrome tabs all preview just fine

other Full screen games/programs

In conclusion I am back here seeking help as I think this now may be a Wurm Client issue.

I'm even wondering if the was a Dev intentional decision to provide a resolution to a bot/hacking issue (that is just my speculation)

Thanks so much for all the help so far I definitely feel we are getting closer.

-Bud.