Steering by camera in a large cart (as of today's patch 11/15/22) makes very slow wide turns, much slower/wider than before. Can't steer within a tile when going 90 degrees or more. Steering by keyboard still works as expected but something happened to steer by camera.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this, we have added it to the list.

To add to this, steering while on horseback is wacko too. I look right, my horse turns left.

Spoke to Ozwin today via game chat.

The issue of steering, in 3rd person, while on cart or horseback, and in 1st person while on wagon still continues. Look right, will randomly veer hard left.

Thanks

41 minutes ago, Marabelle said:

Spoke to Ozwin today via game chat.

The issue of steering, in 3rd person, while on cart or horseback, and in 1st person while on wagon still continues. Look right, will randomly veer hard left.

Thanks

I can confirm this is still an issue with steer towards camera mode for me.  Randomly while moving and then looking right, instead of rotating the camera 5 degrees clockwise it rotates 355 degrees counter-clockwise. Seems to happen more frequently when moving backwards.

adding an update. Still having the issue but narrowed it down to it seems to be just in "steer toward camera" setting. Some tiles seem to always cause the issue, even when driving and looking straight. these are NOT guaranteed, seems to be more 75% of the time. Wish I could help more. Will give more updates as Tpicant and I try to deduce this more

a villager of mine still has this problem. Any news to report on this bug-fixing?

I haven't seen an update and am still having the issue. I think it might be directly related to steering by mouse. Earlier today it felt like after traveling a ways just going straight, without a mouse button held down, all was fine. But the moment I clicked that mouse button I swung hard left as if my Q button got stuck. Super frustrating when trying to treasure hunt

As of 02/01/2024 this is still an annoying issue.

Conditions:

3rd person camera view

On a cart/wagon/mount but not on boats

Using Mounted Camera Controls set to "Steer mount towards camera"

Using standard keyboard and trackball mouse

Keybind for "Turn Left" remapped to F12

Behavior:  random hard left turn while camera facing forward with no mouse or keyboard input.

with no additional mouse or keyboard input (i.e., no correction) while using autorun a full 360 circle will be made and then the cart/wagon/mount will continue straight until the next occurrence, then do the full 360 circle again, and keep repeating this pattern.

Edited by Marabelle

I also experience the same thing - expecially with using the auto-move forward (default x keybind).  The one thing I have noticed is that it is only land movement - not ships.   Might help determine the issue by seeing what it is that's different?

I also have this issue for over a year. It only affects "steer toward camera" mode setting and occurs when riding horses or driving carts/wagons.

My fellow villagers who don't use this mode certainly had a good laugh at my drunken horse that keeps suddenly turning left 360deg randomly. I find it super fustrating.

As what everyone has previously posted, a random hard left turn out of nowhere. It usually happens on auto run, but if unlucky can also happen when holding down the forward key. It can happen without any input (on auto run), or when tapping lightly to adjust course a bit. It can happen when using either keyboard or mouse to turn.

Sometimes I feel that it seems to get triggered more if I have been reversing a lot while driving/riding (or maybe I'm just too fustrated). The problem is, if I am on a narrow path and this bug triggers, I need to reverse a bit to make a full circle. The more it triggers, the more I reverse. The more I reverse, the more it triggers. In the end, I have to stop to do the 360 dance every few minutes. This makes it impossible to do long distance travelling or treasure hunting. Constantly stopping to do the 360 dance every 1-2mins when you need to travel more than 10mins just makes you want to throw the keyboard at the screen.