Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 15-NOV-2022

Server Changelog

• Fix: We have corrected the bundle prices to be the same as the web shop inside the steam shop. We are currently considering options for how we can make this right for those who paid extra for those bundles on steam during this period.
  • New: Added the “kick” option to Sigvard to make him stop talking. You can apologize to get him to talk to you again.
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Metallurgy. Congrats Hvergi!

Client Changelog

• Change: Updated the LWJGL version the client uses to hopefully help with stability issues.
  • Bugfix: Fixed text spacing for settings window sliders.
  • Bugfix: Fixed camera vibrating while in “Steer mount towards camera” mode.
  • New: Holding alt while in “Steer mount towards camera” mode will let you look around without the mount/vehicle steering.
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Metallurgy. Congrats Hvergi!

Absolutely massive congratulations to @hvergi, who I know put a colossal amount of effort over many months to get to 100. Absolutely insane grind!

49 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Metallurgy. Congrats Hvergi!

Congratulations Hvergi!!! So happy for you!!! I know how hard you've worked for this title!!!

Congrats to Hvergi

On another note, steering toward camera seems broken on the large cart. It now makes extremely wide slow turns. Turning the same cart with the keyboard is normal but trying to steer with the camera is not working properly.

Thanks

Grats Hvergi that is one of the most insane grinds I can imagine

Wow, well done Hvergi! That is not an easy skill to raise.

23 hours ago, Intensescorpio1025 said:

On another note, steering toward camera seems broken on the large cart. It now makes extremely wide slow turns. Turning the same cart with the keyboard is normal but trying to steer with the camera is not working properly.

I have noticed the same thing when mounted on horseback also.  Trying to turn with steering towards camera makes a really huge arc now.  It's a bit annoying trying to turn a corner and you end up way off the road instead.

I also have a problem with holding ALT to look while in steer towards camera mode.  I'm using Debian 11 with the Cinnamon Desktop and [ALT + leftclick-drag] is already being used to move program windows around the desktop. I kept moving my Wurm window offscreen and almost got myself killed.

Does cinnamon not allow you to disable those shortcuts for specific windows? Plasma does. I have changed mine to OEM instead.

Using Alt for something in a game is pretty common.

41 minutes ago, Batolemaeus said:

Does cinnamon not allow you to disable those shortcuts for specific windows?

I dunno. It probably does. I haven't really looked into it to be honest. When I discovered this I just happened to be traveling uphill with a troll following me and went to look behind me and then 90% of my Wurm window went offscreen. That troll almost got me, but I was able to regain control then run downhill away from it.  Thus far my workaround is to look around only when stopped - like before the patch.

My framerates were about 25% lower than expected today.  Nothing changed but the Wurm patch, so I suspect that.  Nothing horrible in the way of hitching, though.

If you look at the timing for the Exodus rift (11/16), you will see that it completed in 39 minutes.  Making that faster, we had two top tier warriors among the dozen rifters and top-tier healing, and the Warmaster was only Mature.  But we never saw any turrets, and someone rumoured that they were removed to make rifts faster.  It was certainly faster.  Better, I don't know, but faster.

When I returned from the rift, Wurm was up to 12.2 GB RAM usage, and the game basically stopped sending data to any right-click input.  I couldn't get make a heal cover for 5 minutes and gave up and quit from outside the game UI, though it was interesting the game knew this and the F12 quit notice came up and worked when I told it to quit.  I thought maybe the apparent memory leak was the source of the problem, but when I logged back in, it took Wurm at least 5 minutes, in stages, to accomplish parts of getting the character fully logged in.  Eventually it seemed to return to normal again.  I saw nothing odd in the console output either time.  The last message before shutting down the first time was the usual 'SEVERE: res/missingsound.ogg'.  *shrug*

still waiting for the servers to merge so the whole player base can play together.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, validate said:

still waiting for the servers to merge so the whole player base can play together.....

No thanks

• Like 2

i love sigvard talking ..im pleased with all the chatter breaks up the boredom on deed , and the jokes are funny 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this