Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Diseased animals please give them flies or a greenish "haze"

Those poor horsies and other animals that get diseased and go unnoticed until they fall over dead....

Is it possible to give them some identifying feature like flies around them, a greenish haze cloud around them or something visual which does not need a mouseover to determine their status?   (Similar to how ripe fruit shows on trees as a visual prompt that it can be harvested.)

tow_BM1322RC.jpg 

• Like 11

Might be graphically expensive if you have a large diseased herd; a coloured layer might be easier to do (similar to how greenish works now).

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

On 11/16/2022 at 6:00 AM, Etherdrifter said:

Might be graphically expensive if you have a large diseased herd; a coloured layer might be easier to do (similar to how greenish works now).

It would be better than no visual but many horses wear barding so it could still be challenging to see a diseased horse unless the visual shines through barding.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:00 PM, Etherdrifter said:

This already happens for the wild mobs that have the "Diseased" condition (it is similar to greenish/sly/alert/etc). They are kind of yellowish, greenish colored.  I believe it is separate from getting an animal catching a disease, but I'm not entirely positive.

If it is separate, I wonder what happens when you tame one with the Diseased condition and then over-crowd it to make it catch a disease. Haha.

• Like 1

Another option that might be easier on graphics could be that the horse gets a different idle position with its head hanging down a bit so it looks kind of sad.

• Like 2

Bump, this is an issue many horse breeders deal with.  Given that many breeding operations have two sides to look at (draft and speed) for horses and bison, plus other traits like output (e.g. for sheep and bison),  a visual effect to show disease, which can be seen from a distance without having to mouse over the animal, would be very helpful.

I agree there should be some sort of visual cue to show that an animal is diseased.

• Like 2

Adding my +1. I like the idea of animals/people showing disease status. 🤢

• Like 1

Bump, diseased animals still suffer in silence...please add some visual sign that does not require the carer to mouse over the animals to see it is sick.

(Or starving.)

4669894.jpg

Edited by Fairyshine

How about the luminous green that affects trolls at the end of October.  If diseased horses glow in the dark, they will be easy to spot :) 

WHAT ABOUT...

VISUAL FEEDBACK

to all these things.. disease, pregnant, post birth, un/able to breed, represent these as any kind of color, text or icon shown and understood at a glance

inspect creature is "cool" feature, but it's also stinky garbage to use, disgusting to operate when it comes to mass interaction, imagine having to open bunch of windows, then close them with no keybinds, works great if you have 1-2 hitching posts, it's literal pain to interact with 10-20+ creatures and daily go through them all with just this as feedback tool, makes sense? yup.. that's what we have currently

anything really.. color, aura, ghost-champion cover around the creature at a key press.. icon shown as combat ui status just by pointing over creatures, text on point over, keep inspect creature.. add keybinds to inspect creature, maybe to keep state similar to what we had so far.. make all extra information visible by keybind, so only then we see the extra information, but that is needed information and should be obtainable at a glance, no extra windows or reading event log constantly

On 11/15/2022 at 7:00 PM, Etherdrifter said:

In my personal opinion;  this is probably the more practical solution (Maybe only when you have a specific tool equipped such as grooming brush?). I also manage alot of animals myself so i understand the frustration.

Edited by Marku

15 hours ago, Finnn said:

WHAT ABOUT...

VISUAL FEEDBACK

to all these things.. disease, pregnant, post birth, un/able to breed, represent these as any kind of color, text or icon shown and understood at a glance

inspect creature is "cool" feature, but it's also stinky garbage to use, disgusting to operate when it comes to mass interaction, imagine having to open bunch of windows, then close them with no keybinds, works great if you have 1-2 hitching posts, it's literal pain to interact with 10-20+ creatures and daily go through them all with just this as feedback tool, makes sense? yup.. that's what we have currently

anything really.. color, aura, ghost-champion cover around the creature at a key press.. icon shown as combat ui status just by pointing over creatures, text on point over, keep inspect creature.. add keybinds to inspect creature, maybe to keep state similar to what we had so far.. make all extra information visible by keybind, so only then we see the extra information, but that is needed information and should be obtainable at a glance, no extra windows or reading event log constantly

I second that, by adding icons under the pet health bar, one per condition: shearable, milkable, pregnant, groomable, everything should have a bit of a better visual icon so it will be less painful to look at all the animals and search everytime those who were beign groomed and if the action was successful, for example.  Eventually, give AH skill the ability to show timers on these conditions so we will know when groom/milk again, for example.

• Like 1