Sign in to follow this  
Rocklobster

Ascension - new priest journal tier.

How about some love for us priests mains? I recall something about more priest goals being added, but i guess that has been forgotten over time. Anyway, here's a rough idea of what I have in mind.

Ascension - New priest journal tier

Cast a 105+ power enchant (difficult (60) rating spell at least)
70 Exorcism
70 Preaching
90 Prayer
90 Religion
99 Channelling
Use 1000 favour from star gems.
Spend 1 million favour on spells.
Sacrifice 10 champion animals.
Sacrifice a single item worth more then 500 favour.

Shatter a supreme item of any kind.

Rewards.

6 hours sleep bonus and "Ascended" Title.

One of these -> Remove shatter chance (huge leap i know)  or Arch-Priest Cloak.

This is just an example of what could be, i don't expect anything to be copy/pasted into the game.

Edited by Rocklobster
  • Like 5

If your going to remove shatter chance those 70 skills need to be changed to 90 imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holar said:

If your going to remove shatter chance those 70 skills need to be changed to 90 imo. 

Deal 🥳

I honestly don't see them removing the "Rolf Tax" from channeling under any circumstances. The 1% chance to shatter on failure no matter your channelling.

Edited by Rocklobster
  • Like 1

I think I'd remove the shatter thing from it as it's just too good and I don't think that something that good is suitable for a tier with such high requirements (as it would end up giving something really strong to a really small group of players). I feel that the Benediction reward is already pushing the limits of what a journal tier should do reward wise. That cloak on the other hand sounds perfect.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

I think I'd remove the shatter thing from it as it's just too good and I don't think that something that good is suitable for a tier with such high requirements (as it would end up giving something really strong to a really small group of players). I feel that the Benediction reward is already pushing the limits of what a journal tier should do reward wise. That cloak on the other hand sounds perfect.

Yeah it would very powerful reward for sure, turning everything into seryll and removing the need for shatter liquid. I couldn't help but include it as a ultimate reward. I'd be happy with just the cloak, title and sleep bonus.

Removing the random shatter would be a bit much but cloak sounds cool, another option (perhaps for a lower tier or in addition) is double the pending favor pool size.

• Like 1

I would grind this for a less random casts. a priest with those skill should not struggle to cast at least 80+ casts most of the time.

let's face it, it is an insane amount of work to get all those skills to those levels. and expensive on favor

Edited by KillerSpike
  • Like 1

If there were to be a new priest journal, I think it would be more interesting to somehow link the goals to the new holy sites provided by the upcoming expansion.

Considering that those are going to be a highly interactive feature, based on what we've been told so far, it seems there'd be enough related activities to foster entries for a new journal. Everything from receiving clues to their locations by way of prayer and meditation, to cleansing them of corruption by way of Exorcism, to attending or holding sermons enhanced by those sites (which charges them with power.)

These features of holy sites aren't set in stone, and have not so far been put forward for play testing, but it's sounding like there'd be enough related goals to provide a new journal for priests. Perhaps even a new journal for followers who choose to express their dedication as well.

Edited by Avaxas
  • Like 1

make every skill requirement 99, and for once, make epic effective curve bloody count for the skills!! 

IMO there are a handful of balance issues with removing shatter chance or in general improving more upon a priests output using longer term goals.

First, Speaking as a 90+ channel lib priest who makes their money from the market. I'm not sure we want to give the market dominator priests more ammo for nobody to ever go to lower level priests. Benediction being a prime example of this. Market gatekeeping is a bit of an issue for priests in general and we should seek ways to level that out. While a lower tier smith can't produce 95ql tools they have the option of working bulk or w/e to still get paid. That doesn't exist in priest world so much because of shattering and faith level spell unlocks.

Second, when a rare+ tool enters the game it almost never leaves. Because the player base is generally holding size over time or slightly reducing there is a bit of rare buildup. Enchant decay and random shatter assist with that issue.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, jaytoo said:

IMO there are a handful of balance issues with removing shatter chance or in general improving more upon a priests output using longer term goals.

First, Speaking as a 90+ channel lib priest who makes their money from the market. I'm not sure we want to give the market dominator priests more ammo for nobody to ever go to lower level priests. Benediction being a prime example of this. Market gatekeeping is a bit of an issue for priests in general and we should seek ways to level that out. While a lower tier smith can't produce 95ql tools they have the option of working bulk or w/e to still get paid. That doesn't exist in priest world so much because of shattering and faith level spell unlocks.

Second, when a rare+ tool enters the game it almost never leaves. Because the player base is generally holding size over time or slightly reducing there is a bit of rare buildup. Enchant decay and random shatter assist with that issue.

Thank you for replying, truely, i am grateful you took the time to post here.

The part about removing shattering was a pipe dream from the start, i knew that. What really interests me is a cloak for priests. There is nothing overpowered about adding a well-deserved cloak to priest goals is there?

There are lots of ways a cape could work. Only downside, and this is a major factor that holds out most suggestions, is the art department is a very finite resource.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jaytoo said:

There are lots of ways a cape could work. Only downside, and this is a major factor that holds out most suggestions, is the art department is a very finite resource.

I mean why not just offer the same cape in both look and functionality?

• Like 1

more capes... for every skill and "every" level

just removing the 10min delay and starting decay on mana/favor/ bubble.. will be some good perk imo.. at least for main priests being op og batteries that way

as to other reasonable perks.. can't say.. not playing priest

50 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I mean why not just offer the same cape in both look and functionality?

This - but maybe change the colour to blue? :D

Considering the host of complaints about the current one's functionality and inability to be dyed I'd be hesitant to want to travel down that path. I would be inclined to just have it be cosmetic entirely. Untradable and undropable. People choose to get their master cape on pvp to use the bandage function there and this would need to be similarly considered.