Sign in to follow this  
Eleraan

Mag spell Strong Floor

Companion to Strongwall. Reinforces cave floors. Please and thanks! 

• Like 7

+1. Would be so nice. But I'm unaware if this is a thing, if so pls ignore, but make disintegrate work for reinforced floors too, if added. (for balance (and for pvp reasons)). 

Edited by polarbear

It has been suggested before to allow strongwall to be casted on the tile the casting priest is standing on.

Currently, if it's not the same tile, all normal checks apply to allow to collapse the tile (mobs, players, items on the tile) and if the checks are passed, we are allowed to collapse the cave tile.

Additional check could be added to the existing functionality above and if that check returns that the tile being strongwalled is the same one the casting priest is standing on, ignore the rest and reinforce the floor instead of collapsing the tile.

It might take less development to just add additional validation of the target tile than coding new spell perhaps?

Edited by Locath
  • Like 2

yes i also dont understand why we cant already do this to the floor we stand upon versus collapsing a tile next to us would be really helpful to be able to do either/or

As suggested, casting it on a tile you are standing on should reinforce the floor. Every time my mag does tunnel work I am reminded of this.