Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

Allow confessions to give faith gain for followers

Okay so I can already hear the cries of "just be patient and suck up the wait time to 30 faith to priest" but hear me out first before you start posting that.

Confessions are a neat thing a priest can do to a player to make them confess to something they've done for a slice of alignment. It's a neat thing but each time they confess the priest suggets something the player can do to "make amends" for their sin. And if you do it is nothing but RP value and that feels a touch sad. That's where the suggestion for it to do something comes from.

Change some of the messages to stop them refering to money and things that aren't really that fun to do or likely to cause frustration, and make them allow a follower to gain some more faith for doing it. Priests already have sermons behind them so I see no need for them to do anything for that faith gain too, but it allows players to raise their faith a touch faster than the standard 5/6 prays a day.

You might be asking if there's any other benefits to this, to which I say there's one hopeful benefit other than followers getting more faith a day. The hope is that it'd encourage a handful of followers to attend the same sermon groups that crop up, so that they can get a confession daily and contribute to the count of people listening to the sermon.

Possible downsides? None really. If confessions are kept the same as they are but allow a follower to gain some faith after one, that's still only one extra faith gain per day if it just awards faith. Alternatively it could allow an additional faith gain via prayer, or reset the prayer counter. Which approach is taken is ultimately up for debate, I'd be fine with any of the above. I just think it'd be a nice way to boost up faith gain a touch and give confessions a real use. If we can get some extra heads in public sermon areas, even better!

Thank you for reading, and praise Mag.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 3
  • Cat 1

I have for a long time felt that this built in experience/action had more potential and this way make a lot of sense to me. If you actually follow the guides of atonement given to you, it would only make sense that you'd regain some faith just like how you lose faith when you do an action your diety does not allow.

Right now it actually feels redundant or at the least as if it's not finalized and fully implemented as intended. How you suggest it makes very much sense to me. Of course it needs balancing in regards to amount of faith gained and how many times it's possible, but that goes for any new implementation. 

+1 from me on this suggestion.

• Like 1

sure but no,

why - rather see completely new way of soloing the process of leveling faith, no alts included into it, no cooldowns if possible, alternatively with resets done with daily or hourly quests of doing priest-y tasks like casts or performing actions like 50 prayers, sacrificing x favor goals and rotation of same tier or different tasks of the sort.. etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

sure but no,

why - rather see completely new way of soloing the process of leveling faith, no alts included into it, no cooldowns if possible, alternatively with resets done with daily or hourly quests of doing priest-y tasks like casts or performing actions like 50 prayers, sacrificing x favor goals and rotation of same tier or different tasks of the sort.. etc

I totally get this and I do think you should 200% make a new suggestion thread for it, because I think you do really have a good point and desire there. For this thread though, I want to focus on just the follower side, the pre-priest part. There's been a bucket of requests for a solo method of getting high faith for a priest account, but for now I just want this thread to focus on the pre-priest part since it feels a bit of a slog. It's part of why I really wanted the community to say which if they'd prefer the faith gain or prayer reset from doing a task like this.

You know, this would help a lot of people out.

High preaching lets you convert people at higher faith levels, but it's not a skill anyone really levels.

Increased preaching = increased tick size for the confession might be a nice addition!