Sign in to follow this  
TheMacGregor

Head Splitter Axe

On 11/7/2022 at 1:16 PM, TheMacGregor said:

How is Head Splitter axe different from a Huge axe?

There is no head splitter axe in vanilla Wurm. Must be a mod on the server you play on, so best to ask the server staff.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:16 AM, TheMacGregor said:

How is Head Splitter axe different from a Huge axe?

This weapon is from Weapons mod. The head splitter axe is a more powerful weapon than huge axe, and requires goblin skulls to create. It is an effective weapon against even very tough mobs.

• Like 1

The server I am playing on, has the weapons mod and I have a Head Splitter Axe. Everything seems to work, but I cannot see the axe in my hands and when I set it on the ground, it is a question mark bag. Is this normal or is there something that I need to do to be able to see the added weapons in the mod?  

The mod does appear to have a pack file with models. If you have the newest version of the client modlauncher installed it should have a model.

6 hours ago, Tyoda said:

The mod does appear to have a pack file with models. If you have the newest version of the client modlauncher installed it should have a model.

Thank you Tyoda. I downloaded what I believe to be the latest version of the client mod launcher yesterday, but still no models. I did download the weapons mod from the link in Batta's post above, but I am not sure where to put the contents of that download, as I am not very experienced with mods. If I just need to put the mod in a particular folder, any help with where to put it, would be greatly appreciated.

The files in batta's link are used by the server, not the clients. You don't have to do anything with them.

If you have indeed correctly installed everything (put everything in the WurmLauncher folder, ran patcher.bat), and it still doesn't show up, then it's most likely a server-side issue, with serverpacks being misconfigured on their part. Are there any other custom/modded models that you can see?

If you send me the last "page" of the console (F1) right after you log in to the server, I might be able to tell you more.

On 12/19/2022 at 5:00 AM, Tyoda said:

The files in batta's link are used by the server, not the clients. You don't have to do anything with them.

If you have indeed correctly installed everything (put everything in the WurmLauncher folder, ran patcher.bat), and it still doesn't show up, then it's most likely a server-side issue, with serverpacks being misconfigured on their part. Are there any other custom/modded models that you can see?

If you send me the last "page" of the console (F1) right after you log in to the server, I might be able to tell you more.

Sorry for the delayed response. I am not sure how to send that to you Tyoda, but there is a message at the end of that page that says something along the lines of "unexpected end of file from server" with a bunch of java related notes after it, repeated like 7 times. Does this help? 

Okay. Do you know if it works for anyone else, or everyone else on the server?

Never seen that message before, but it sounds like the file got corrupted on the server. Can you ask an admin to check it out, maybe redownload it?

If you boot up and press F1 then right click on the window there should be a "Copy entire tab" option. Don't know if you can DM it to me on this forum. If not, just paste it into a DM on discord. My tag is Tyoda#5412

3 hours ago, Tyoda said:

Okay. Do you know if it works for anyone else, or everyone else on the server?

Never seen that message before, but it sounds like the file got corrupted on the server. Can you ask an admin to check it out, maybe redownload it?

If you boot up and press F1 then right click on the window there should be a "Copy entire tab" option. Don't know if you can DM it to me on this forum. If not, just paste it into a DM on discord. My tag is Tyoda#5412

Ok. There are some folks on the server that can see them and some that can't. I also posted this on the Wurm Modding Discord. Revelation helped me diagnose the issue and when I logged in to the Genesis server, I was able to download the server packs there, with no issue. He suggested that I have the other server owner try a few things. The other server owner is going to look into it tomorrow after work. Thanks again for trying to help and I will try to send you that text tomorrow when I log in again. 

I got the text from a different person, they're complaining about the same issue. This is definitely server side. Players who downloaded the packs before this issue existed will continue to see it but new players won't until it's fixed.

Hope you all get it working!

Edited by Tyoda

I wanted to post the workaround someone suggested that did the trick for me :) I logged into a server running the weapons mod and other graphic mods (Sleepy Gaming) and my client downloaded them without issue. I can now see them on my main server where they will not download. Yay!