Sign in to follow this  
Tairon

More immersive weather

it’s only eye candy in an already beautiful game, but weather visuals could get some love. I look in the sky and no matter how cloudy I see stars in the night?!? Rain no matter how strong it is, hardly to see. Same for snow. Please make weather more meaningful, at least visually. Low hanging thick clouds, blizzards, monsun like rain, fog. and flawless sunshine.

• Like 13

+1. I love that the night sky and fog are improved compared to many years ago, but it's a real shame that rain, clouds, and weather in general is just... underwhelming. It would be amazing to see this improved!

I very much enjoy weather effects in games, even when they're.. inconvenient. (The deadly whiteout blizzards in the Forochel region of LOTRO come to mind.)

So far as how those sorts of things have an effect on practical play experience, some balance naturally has to be struck. For example, some people would enjoy the challenge of rain and cold weather having a real impact on crops, others would not.

Visually speaking, giving players the option of disabling the visual effects of more extreme weather conditions might be a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

As long as the more extreme weather had no effect on playing and was just a visual effect that could be turned off like how Halloween effects could be turned off, I'd be on board. What I'd be against is any impact on playing other than wind affecting ship speed, like crops dying in winter, slower travel on rain-slicked roads, walking slower when walking into a strong wind, etc. That I'd give a hard no to.

• Like 1

This could only work as checkbox... like the fancy tree or w/e or not..

While this will be ok for a screenshot or 5... mostly will be annoying and forcing visuals more or less intrusive over visibility as range and ability to see far for navigation, hunting and exploring..

Potato pcs will just roll up legs and die in a corner, more likely than not.. I think even rain as it is.. kills performance on low tier pcs.. forcing graphics will be causing issues for some.

• Like 2

On 07/11/2022 at 16:16, DaletheGood said:

As long as the more extreme weather had no effect on playing and was just a visual effect that could be turned off like how Halloween effects could be turned off, I'd be on board. What I'd be against is any impact on playing other than wind affecting ship speed, like crops dying in winter, slower travel on rain-slicked roads, walking slower when walking into a strong wind, etc. That I'd give a hard no to.

I am with you. That level of complexity would be too much, especially for beginners. Also I wouldn’t want it to be extreme, like fog that allows just one tile visibility or white out blizzards. Just a bit more immersive, snow that feels like snow and not like sleet. Clouds that are not just seethrough cirrus clouds but also sometimes a completely overcast sky

Edited by Tairon
  • Like 1

they did rain u could see , and thunder and clouds i think long ago but think it was to hard to mantain so now we have zip , take a quick look at dayz weather btw