Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Unique Changes Poll

Unique Poll - Transparant Vote  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Which player group do you belong to?

• I have a premium toon on North Freedom Isle and I do not have a full set of scale/drake
    • I have a premium toon on North Freedom Isle and I have a full set of scale/drake
    • I have a premium toon on South Freedom Isle and I do not have a full set of scale/drake
    • I have a premium toon on South Freedom Isle and I have a full set of scale/drake
    • I have a premium toon on Both and I do not have a full set of scale/drake
    • I have a premium toon on Both and I have a full set of scale/drake
    • I do not currently have any premium toons but have a full set of scale/drake
    • I do not currently have any premium toons and do not have a full set of drake/scale
  2. 2. How often do you take part in private hunts?

• Frequently (a few times a month or more)
    • Often (once a month)
    • Sometimes (once every 2--3 months)
    • Rarely (once a year)
    • Very Infrequently (once or twice in the last few years)
    • Never (I don't get invites)
  3. 3. What changes do you believe should be implemented for uniques

• Reduce Spawn Frequency
    • Increase Spawn Frequency
    • Split a set amount of loot between slayers only
    • Distribute the hide/scale by a set amount to everyone in local (for example everyone gets a set 0.05kg of material, regardless of number of people fighting the unique)
    • Distribute the loot to everyone on server, like the ritual rewards do, allowing to claim it for 24h from slaying, similarly to global cast reward sleep bonus
    • Remove the rules and replace them with systemic solution, much like was done with the highway system.
    • Announce when uniques spawn
    • Mark unique's location in some way (maps/beacons)
    • Change nothing
    • Other (note it down in comments)

I wish you guys could come help us kill uniques on Epic. We have uniques crawling up our backsides, champion black/green dragons roaming the entire map, lots of uniques that are right outside our deeds and we just can't muster enough players to fight them. Seems like new ones always pop back up somewhere inconvenient for frequent travel. I named my deed after the number of nearby dragons.

2 hours ago, rangerklypf said:

I wish you guys could come help us kill uniques on Epic. We have uniques crawling up our backsides, champion black/green dragons roaming the entire map, lots of uniques that are right outside our deeds and we just can't muster enough players to fight them. Seems like new ones always pop back up somewhere inconvenient for frequent travel. I named my deed after the number of nearby dragons.

Apparently, doing stuff on epic is not economically viable and it doesn't provide facetanking valor points.

The more I read this thread the more I think back to question 2 and how it says 'I don't get invited' to private hunt instead of 'I choose not to form a group with my friends and hunt the uniques'.

• Like 1

Not if you wait for 3 months for a random post to validate your opinion about someone else.

On 12/16/2022 at 12:23 AM, Hailiah said:

I would like to see it become more like a rift event, with loot participation distribution at the end, player finds giant egg (for hatchling) or i dunno 'golden hoard' for the adults, interacts with egg/whatever to trigger event, light in the sky, 2 days preparation, etc (Similar trigger stuff for the other Uniques)

As a player that has found multiple uniques for my own hunt group and hasn't been able to attend the kills due to the global time agreed upon for the slaying within my own group winding up in the 2am-4am range for myself, but also as a player that has found and sold dozens (I don't mean 12, I mean 30+) uniques, hardly ever attending those slays even with an invite by the buyers due to timezones, I cannot think of a worse system honestly. 

Having uniques with 0 announcement, just sprawled out in the wild is the only way I can find and hopefully securing a slaying that works well for me and my 'off brand' +8 gmt timezone. 

They told me that 'its alright, one rift will happen in your time zone soon enough to attend' and I got to attend THREE in TWELVE MONTHS that happened during 'peak' gaming hours for me. Any others I attended required me to wake up early before work (5-6am), skip entirely (10am to 2pm) or stay up late (1am to 2am) in the evening.

Under the current system I am going to continue to find, pen and sell uniques, whether its to share with my own hunt group or to sell to another buyer - under any other system if they continue to keep their 14ish day respawn time, going off by the rift examples, I will get to attend maybe one a year - which sounds a bit trashy to me, especially with how much I love to hunt for them.

I've helped 4 players who have randomly stumbled upon uniques in the past few months pen/slay them, going to other servers to do so even - that is the most I have ever helped in the last 5 years in that timespan...as Shrimpie has said, the current system has seen far more random players stumbling upon them since the announcements were disabled and the introduction of treasure maps has only increased that.

Lets take a look at Deliverance over the last 8 months for example;

2023 - Jan 23, Public Slay

2023 - Jan 5, Private Slay (Group A)
2022 - Dec 21, Private Slay (Group A)

2022 - Dec 4, Public Slay

2022 - Oct 28, Public Slay

2022 - Oct 20, Private Slay (Group B)

2022 - Oct 5, Private Slay (Group A/B?)
2022 - Sep 19, Private Slay (Group A/B?)

2022 - Aug 29, Private Slay (Group C)
2022 - Aug 6, Private Slay  (Group D)

2022 - Jul 18, Private Slay (Group A/B?)
2022 - Jun 27, Public Slay
2022 - Jun 13, Private Slay (Group C)

4 Public slays to 9 Private Slays
Group C is made up entirely of Deliverance 'mains' and is its own hunt group.
Group A is made up of mainly Xanadu and Independence players that also hunt on Deliverance.
Group A/B contains mainly Xanadu/Indy players with a few Deliverance players with one dedicated hunter on Deliverance. - This ONE player has found more uniques by himself than most hunt groups will have collectively - he is my neighbour and I even recall him finding around 10 by himself one year.
Group D is made up almost entirely of Celebration players.

What I think is also surprising is that none of these unique kills listed were even Stanlee hosted uniques - we have some players that always happily hand over to Stan when they encounter a unique so its not that uncommon either. 

To me, this looks like a very competitive and healthy unique situation where all the kills are not split entirely through one group, there is a healthy amount of public slays being hosted and I think this is a sign that even this current BROKEN system is heading in a direction where unique hunting groups don't own a massive monopoly, even on their own servers where 10+ people can be out searching at one time.

As I have said before, this current system isn't perfect, but I think it is time that we re-evaluate the propaganda that is used to attack players and the current system and re-evaluate the suggestions we pose into making the system better. We are still only new to Wurms increased focus on exploration and already I can see a trend towards more 'casual' or 'non elite' players finding uniques.

• Like 1