Sign in to follow this  
woodsguide

chance to add

looking for a QoL mod.. i would imagine this would be client-side..

in the crafting window, we have a chance to create an item... and once it it started, there is a parts list. 

trying to create a knarr i have 8% chance of success.. now that i am adding all the boards, tennons, pegs, etc..   i am failing more often than not..

it would be nice to know what the % to add an item is...

• Like 1

It definitely feels like the chance to add an item is the same as the chance to begin creating it. I have always assumed they were the same, except for the slight increase as you gain skill by adding items.

8 minutes ago, Batta said:

It definitely feels like the chance to add an item is the same as the chance to begin creating it. I have always assumed they were the same, except for the slight increase as you gain skill by adding items.

Quality of the parts being attached matters as well. I can start a Knarr for example using 2 high quality keel sections but i won't be able to attach a 1ql peg if the skill is close enough to the bare minimum.

That's where the chance being shown would be helpful, if it's 0% chance we still can attempt and waste the materials.

Some will say "get your skill up, get better quality materials" and all that is valid IF i know my chance. It won't tell me if i still have 0% chance to attach 90ql boards to a knarr someone started for me and i have no way of knowing that my skill is way too low which would be anything other than guessing.

• Like 1

It won't tell me if i still have 0% chance to attach 90ql boards

this part right here ;o)
how much of a low Q thing can i get away with adding before my chances are zero.. or rather what quality do i need to have to get a reasonable chance of success..  

obviously higher is better.. but not knowing is still a crapshoot

• Like 1