Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

No Idea

It's linked to by a few pages, including this page on the Wurmpedia about copyrights. I assume it's a good thing for the Wurmpedia to have a copyright notice, and this used to be linked on the front page until it was removed in an edit to cut down on "low-traffic links".

In general, it's probably worth making sure the Wurmpedia has a copyright notice somewhere that's clearly displayed, otherwise it isn't clear that the information there is open-source. I trust that Wikipedia (as the largest wiki) knows their stuff when it comes to wiki copyrights; Wikipedia has a clear copyright notice at the bottom of the main page (scroll down). The fact that the Wurmpedia does not currently have a clear copyright notice could be a disaster waiting to happen. If a bad actor who has written things on the Wurmpedia decides to claim some weird ownership over what's there, then it could be a bit messy.

• Like 1

Ah ok, great info, thanks Docter! I thought it was maybe some kind of spam from elsewhere, based on the company name at the top of the page. 🤦‍♂️