Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Sleep Bonus November 8th

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up we will be giving out 5 hours of sleep bonus to everyone during the reset next week on November 8th. This is in response to the server issues we have been experiencing over the last few months now that things seem pretty stable again.

• Like 37
  • Cat 2

4 hours ago, Darklords said:

This is in response to the server issues we have been experiencing over the last few months now that things seem pretty stable again.

Sure about that? I just had to end task Wurm again do to yet another freeze up. And no there is no crash log.

1 hour ago, Katrat said:

Sure about that? I just had to end task Wurm again do to yet another freeze up. And no there is no crash log.

That's not the server issue they're referring to. They only give sleep bonus when servers actually have to go down or crash unexpectedly in a way that hampers playtime in a way they deem enough to warrant it.

Game has been wonky for a long time, disembark booting you from world, combat still crashing even though Silakka seemed to put the issue out in plain within a bug report thread, and other bugs. But sadly, they don't give sleep bonus for those.

Possible to get that sb tomorrow so many players can burn it alongside the bonus skillgain from the Halloween event? 

1 hour ago, elentari said:

Possible to get that sb tomorrow so many players can burn it alongside the bonus skillgain from the Halloween event? 

Or maybe the could extend the event by 1 day ;D

5h sb during event simply equals 6h sb normally, assuming all of it is burned within event window. I'd prefer 6h sb during a planned maintenance with the kind of heads up they're giving us here instead of 5h tomorrow. They're giving us 5h tho.

They're giving us the exact sleep bonus amount that they intend to give us, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Borstaskor

Feel like a trick to change the date that has already said.
Feel like a treat to gain an extra 1 hours sleep bonus on the event.
The time to trick or treat is over. Mariah is staring at the naughty kids with a classic smile.

• Like 1

One Question we are paying to play this game, Why is we kinda do Beta testing whole time, A better solution is use test server pay the ppl come there with Sb and do it more officially  Before any bigger change let ppl log in and help ill think most ppl that played 4 years+ log on and help out we want a bug free server to play, Perhaps share more in detail whats going on aswell many of ppl here know 1 or 39 tricks and can help, thoose that help more get xtra bonus but this is just me thinking...

Ill see ppl leaving the game just for the reason Beta testers, its sad. use that to ur advantage insteed.

but thnx for the 5hr sb anyhow.

29 minutes ago, MrCoolMan said:

One Question we are paying to play this game, Why is we kinda do Beta testing whole time, A better solution is use test server pay the ppl come there with Sb and do it more officially  Before any bigger change let ppl log in and help ill think most ppl that played 4 years+ log on and help out we want a bug free server to play, Perhaps share more in detail whats going on aswell many of ppl here know 1 or 39 tricks and can help, thoose that help more get xtra bonus but this is just me thinking...

Ill see ppl leaving the game just for the reason Beta testers, its sad. use that to ur advantage insteed.

but thnx for the 5hr sb anyhow.

covered

Lag is probably incredibly hard to beta test. (You’re not going to get great attendance and don’t have the particulars of each real map/items) At least that’s my backseat developer guess (with no experience actually doing anything similar :P )

• Like 1

Ill understand that, but ill was kinda tired when ill wrote that, ill want help, but if we have more understanding what we looking for then we can push that corner, but ok ill dont get involved but just saying many ppl wants to help out a point system for that can be handy just for fun, might help more ppl help out on testserver. but ok take care thnx for all good work, just thinking loud.

Thank you Darklords and the rest of the team!  I've been working hard to drain my SB for this :)

On 11/5/2022 at 7:08 AM, Wurmhole said:

Thank you Darklords and the rest of the team!  I've been working hard to drain my SB for this :)

Im pretty sure Dev given SB stacks with your normal SB regardless of whether your bar is full or empty, some of my alts still have 8hrs+ of SB

3 hours ago, Crack said:

Im pretty sure Dev given SB stacks with your normal SB regardless of whether your bar is full or empty, some of my alts still have 8hrs+ of SB

Correct! It will be in addition of normal Sleep Bonus, up to a max of 10 hours. So as long as you have 5 hours or less, then you'll be all set. :D

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Vayu said:

Correct! It will be in addition of normal Sleep Bonus, up to a max of 10 hours. So as long as you have 5 hours or less, then you'll be all set. :D

F*** i saw it too late and already had 4h 45min on it mwaaaaaaaaaaahhhh 😫😥

20 minutes ago, Megachill said:

F*** i saw it too late and already had 4h 45min on it mwaaaaaaaaaaahhhh 😫😥

that's ok.. it scales up to 10h

after maintenance you'd be at 9h 45min, still below 10h.. you're safe

Only bit that such bumps introduce is push into grinding or wasting sb, while it's hinted that it's valuable and rare, etc..

5h limit by default, +1+1 hour from journal and marks shop scaling to 7h sleep bonus limit.. this provides no bonus to scale to 12h, a little bit of a downside...

that aside, being at player's limit or close to it.. hints to burn a large portion of the injected 5h being a bit or way over player's limit or directly start missing out on potential normal daily regens(kind of evening out into no bonus);

In a way injected 5h could be better rewarded as slowly decaying or item with timer.. lasting from 2 to 4 weeks for example, being untradeable, place-able, mailable, etc.. either the player use them or let them go or be simply limited to hold 5x such items at any time, to prevent some massive grind after some random break and return..

why..

well.. the obvious.. use it when you want and can, if there's no time and it's limited to 5.. it's basically the same thing and it's not intruding the normal cycle of sb usage

Is this related to the lag problems that we've been experiencing for a while now, as a way to let us know that you guys feel like you've hit the majority of the issues?

(No sarcasm or trolling; I've been on a vacation from Wurm for a bit while you work on the lag and wanted to know if things are working again or if we have more fixes incoming)

On 11/9/2022 at 6:36 PM, Zakiah said:

Is this related to the lag problems that we've been experiencing for a while now, as a way to let us know that you guys feel like you've hit the majority of the issues?

(No sarcasm or trolling; I've been on a vacation from Wurm for a bit while you work on the lag and wanted to know if things are working again or if we have more fixes incoming)

@Zakiahyes, server instability so lag, disconnects, etc. 

On 11/7/2022 at 8:18 AM, Vayu said:

Well, that didn't work for me. My chars had only 6h of Sleep Bonus (have +1h on them) when I logged in on Saturday. I'm pretty sure they had more than 1h of sleep bonus before the 5h was provided.

Not a big deal for me but I think something didn't work correctly there.