Sign in to follow this  
Fayeth

Scarecrow For Our Farms

I just think it would be awesome to be able to craft a scarecrow for our farms - a use for thatch perhaps that isn't just grass or roofing. Could even give some mild bonuses, like +1 harvest in a 5-tile area or something similar, increased on rarity. What do you guys think?

• Like 12
  • Cat 1

I love the idea, even if it is just a deco item. Maybe it is a skin for one of the crafted statues, Nymph, demon or something. Though I do like your idea of using thatch, maybe include hay, and some shafts and a set of green clothing from tailors!

• Like 2

Great Idea    +1

maybe cloth [ wool or cotton ]  clothing as well, stick it on a couple shafts with some pegs.

Sure.  That would be good.  Then all that we need is some new birds like crows and such for the added effect lol 

41 minutes ago, Finnn said:

bee hives kind of do that already

Good idea, a scarecrow skin for beehives!

• Like 1

I've been using a practice doll as a scarecrow in my fields, though that would work better if I could put silly hats on it. 🤠

A proper scarecrow would be nice, especially if there was more than one version which could be made, for the sake of variety. Maybe even allow them to hold our farming equipment for us as containers. (Scarecrow with a rake, scarecrow with a pitchfork, scarecrow with a scythe.)

• Like 2

Yea. Nice idea.

Might be a fairly easy (maybe) modification to the practice dummy.

I see my practice dummy has  a boar head for Halloween, so maybe a bit further tweaking to make something different and add it as a scarecrow wouldn't be too difficult.

makes more sense to be hay bale.. with some messed up, patched, thorn, different dye or lack of such.. cloth tailoring "costume", maybe variation.. roosters are useless and we have a whole band, why not whole band of haybale flammable "friends", regular-ish.. pumpkin heads.. and something scarier for halloween..

+1 Like this idea. Could use cloth clothing + hay + tapestry stand + pumpkin. 

• Cat 1

On 11/1/2022 at 8:57 PM, Katrat said:

+1 Like this idea. Could use cloth clothing + hay + tapestry stand + pumpkin. 

Love this idea OP plus these additional ones

I wouldn’t mind if it uses Wool cloths as a material — then it’d give more love to both Thatch (which is sorely needed) and Wool (which could use some more).  :)

Edited by Lovelie
  • Like 1