Sign in to follow this  
MarquisDeCarabas

[No Bug] Tedding with a pitchfork

Contrary to what the Wurm wiki says, tedding cut crass with a pitchfork seems not possible, but only with a rake.

Scenario:

Cut grass with a scythe.

Activate pichfork and right-click the respective tile.

No option for tedding (farming) the cut grass is available,  but only for harvesting.

Edited by MarquisDeCarabas

Hi Marquis, thank you for reporting this, I have had a look at this but upon testing I have found that I do get the option to farm with a pitchfork.

Just tried. Cut crass with a scythe on a flat tile, got "55 handfuls of mixed grass", untedded. Activated my pitchfork, got the option "farm" on right click: "You start strewing out the grass so the sun can do its job" Result; "Cut Grass (Hay, wet).

Don't know what happened to you.

Btw., basically the pitchfork seems to be a rake with different skin and slight extras. You can farm ordinary farm tiles with it. The pitchfork, even non rares as I heard, yields more hay than a rake.

Edited by Ekcin

From your screenshots, your client's definitely not giving you the option that the game /should/ be giving you with the pitchfork.

I know for myself I do get the 'farm' option with the pitchfork in that situation and have no idea why it's not giving it for you.

Pitchfork activated?                 *check*

On hay tile?                                *check*

On hay tile that is untedded?  *check*

Right-clicking to get options? *check*

'Farm' option showing?            -No-

You seem to be doing all the above steps correctly from what the screenshot shows.

I'm an idiot, sigh.

Picked up the wrong one, as this is only the pitchfork FORK.

Pls. disregard or delete topic.

Edited by MarquisDeCarabas
  • Like 2

Thank you for posting the realisation of what was causing the issue for you and that it wasn't a "bug" needing correcting.

I have to admit when I viewed the screenshot,  at the time I missed that it was actually a 'pitchfork fork' activated and not a completed 'pitchfork'.

Glad you're able to ted your hay now!

• Like 1