Sign in to follow this  
Blacklotus

Make uniques an event similar to rifts

9 hours ago, Ame said:

Could it work if uniques would give less resources the less people are fighting? lie if small group goes they get each only 0.01 kg but 30 people go and everyone gets 0.03 example with a limit of course. maybe even so that alts doesnt work or atleast players under same ip or something?

I mean, here's a thought - the more people around the more loot but the dragon's abilities also scale alongside it...

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

I mean, here's a thought - the more people around the more loot but the dragon's abilities also scale alongside it...

How does that effect anyone other than the tank? AoE's are cheap and a silly thing to scale up, since you can't reliably have something that'd affect people the same way. Chances are you'd create a culture where the loot from the corpse is instead rolled between the tanks who take it between them with taunts.

lets back old drake/dragon system with butcher uniq to get big scrap of hide/scale :D 

On 10/30/2022 at 1:47 AM, Ekcin said:

While one may or may not advocate change in unique mechanics, it is certainly not needed. What is needed, is a change of the cluster situation which would end the unhealthy isolation of half the community on 3 tiny servers, and  their understandable proposals to shape the world of Wurm according to their unnormal situation.

Unique handling has its flaws, but is generally working. The social events from it are too valuable to be destroyed by the greed for hide/scale for everybody or envy of the gains of private slayers. The proposal is just terrible.

+1 to the merge and I'll add a suggestion that pvp gets completely severed from pve, so the merge can happen.

+1 for the OP suggestion.

+1 to the addition that Sheffie added.

-1 to the idea that Uniques don't need to change.  They absolutely do. 

From my perspective and most of the people I play with, Uniques and pvp balance nerfing QoL on pve are the two biggest areas where change is needed.

• Like 4

On 10/29/2022 at 12:41 AM, Sheffie said:

I agree that community events are worth a lot more to the player base than private slayings. In fact, I like just about everything about the initial suggestion, except for one thing.

Keep the hunting aspect.

• Let players search for a marker that's less obvious than a beam of light visible from across the server.
  • Make it something like a dragon egg that glows like a meteorite (if a hatchling is going to appear), a smoking/charred carcass of a large animal (for a full dragon), and so on.
  • When a player touches/examines/uses the marker object...
    • start a countdown to the battle
    • trigger the big beam of light (nicely RGB coded)
    • award some unique points to the finder — a significant amount
    • announce the finding in Freedom chat and with a tweet, so that everyone becomes aware of it.
  • If no one discovers the marker within a time limit, let it decay or disappear and another can spawn elsewhere.

The rifts work there fair try and make it where ppl cant camp alts out on there spawners are like they dont change that much we all know that also.

like when you say the Hunting aspect ? what they spawn 90% in the same spots look on forums you can see where they spawn 90% of the time theres no hunt to it.

its more like whos going to get lucky are there alts they have set in spots to get them when they do..

Its funny everyone whats it changed for what now 12 years are so and ever one who start Dev the game never looks at it at all i dont get it.. and say umm maybe we should do something here its not right to 95% of the ppl who play this game.

I certainly support the idea of letting uniques spawn over a wider area. Right now I don't think they go nearly close enough to the edges of the map.

On 11/5/2022 at 9:40 PM, Archaed said:

Additionally, change how legendary creatures spawn, both through timings and locations. It's not "bad" to know where and when they spawn, but it does mean that the knowledge gets the advantage, which is what we want to address. (hell, create a trigger for it, bashing lairs, killing creatures, stepping on a tile, mining meteors, something players can do to contribute without knowing the details) 

My problem with this whole "knowledge" issue is that gaining the knowledge is a process that is outside of actual gameplay, for the most part.  Having to keep track of calendars and rift sites and deed locations and the like is non-immersive and--more important--boring.  You should definitely have to put some serious effort into finding a unique, but not that kind of effort.  It turns the whole thing into an unexciting administrative task, which in my opinion is the opposite of how it should be.

Ideally there would be no way for anyone to predict when or where the spawn will happen.  I have zero idea whether or how that could be accomplished, but in my dream world that is how it is.

• Like 3

they wrecked rifts may as well wreck slayings to lol , i agree the rich been rich to long on scale and stuff

19 hours ago, Minnie said:

My problem with this whole "knowledge" issue is that gaining the knowledge is a process that is outside of actual gameplay, for the most part.  Having to keep track of calendars and rift sites and deed locations and the like is non-immersive and--more important--boring.  You should definitely have to put some serious effort into finding a unique, but not that kind of effort.  It turns the whole thing into an unexciting administrative task, which in my opinion is the opposite of how it should be.

Ideally there would be no way for anyone to predict when or where the spawn will happen.  I have zero idea whether or how that could be accomplished, but in my dream world that is how it is.

Fully agree, and while it won't fix the issue as a whole, it will at least add more elements of chaos to it 

• Like 1

Give a small chance that a dragon will spawn at a rift after it is closed.

If you really want to make it fancy. Make a small dungeon with a time limit portal  in world. People have to choose to enter with in a few minutes. This way people can’t be summoned. Making this a rift event bonus.

With some rifts having low numbers.

(Enter at your own risk event)

I want to give my 2 iron coins here.

Im against the idea of making a change to dethrone one group or another, and I think we all agree who are both groups. Both parts provide benefits and disadvantages.

If im not wrong, the pro-private slaying allow you to play a new role: the Unique hunter, which must be a lot of fun althought Ive never participated in a private before. Problem is, as they wont say a thing, the rest of the community is deprived from unique resources to also enjoy the game as well.

On the other hand, public slaying allowes everybody to be able to participate, hack a couple of attacks at a monster, have some fun before killing it and enjoy the resources, but it forces you to give up all your effort at finding the mob just for the sake of colletivism (and man, do I hate collectivism). Why would I spend a lot of time on horseback searching for an unique, if Im socially alienated towards sharing the rewards of my time and energy? uniques would be left for those lucky enough to find them arbitrarily.

Because of this, and given the unnecesary drama in this post, in my humble opinion the best option is to keep the system as it is, but reward both sides. How you do this, so everybody can be happy with the results?

First, extra rewards should be given to the person or group of people who found the beast, I dont know what type of reward but could be an achievement, extra resources, maybe new resources, etc.

Second, the more people arriving and killing the mob, the more rewards/better quality/maybe  a giveaway of something cool like moonmetal, again I dont know.

None of us is going to find a middle term because in ths post most people are too focused on charging against the other side, so a middle ground will benefit us all, in a individual and collective levels at the same time.