Sign in to follow this  
Blacklotus

Make uniques an event similar to rifts

48 minutes ago, Blacklotus said:

Please remember the point of this thread is to discuss the Legendary spawning and what changes we'd like to see, what challenges and difficulties exist that need to be fixed (including but not limited to cheating) and not turn this thread into a mud slinging contest. If you can only point fingers it's not beneficial to this discussion and I'll ask you to take that somewhere else. This is not the place for it.

I agree, being overly paranoid about anything it just sucks your fun and the fun out of everyone.However there's "challenges" that certain people keep deny it exist and every conversation about posibiltiy is hounded off. Banning someone based on guesswork might deter future exploration, but won't make it less easy or prevent them either

• Like 2

A similar idea was discussed 1-2 years ago and I wouldnt have minded it being implemented then but after having been lucky enough to experience a private slaying I would be sad if this was implemented.

Dragons are possibly the only challenging pve content. When a friend was lucky enough to stumble on one, with much hubris we thought we could kill it immediately, we gathered everything we were worth at that moment in time and gave it a shot. I spent the next week imping weapons to no fatigue, everyone fought around the clock to get every bit more of fs and we returned to redeem ourselves and it was very sweet. We all had shaky hands during the fight, during the penning as well. It was an amazing experience and I agree this content should be more accessible to all.

However to make it like a rift or every slaying a public one would nuke the experience. Theres more challenge in fighting a crab on an adventurers first day than a public slaying. Dont get me wrong public slayings have there place and I would love to host some if I were lucky enough in the future but the way it currently is can lend to some very special experiences as well. One of us currently is currently fighting health issues and experiencing a private slaying was one of their wishes, I like to think we brought some fulfillment to him, he was so stoked when we won, if he was well enough I wish we could do it one more time. 

For sure I think they should not be able to be monopolized. Randomizing the location more would help I think, right now we get sent all over for treasure hunting, it hasnt helped me find a unique though :D. I am not sure if I am even for this idea I am about to suggest but perhaps dropping fragments that may require 1000+ pieces  from treasure hunt chests that lead to a dragon treasure hoard could be interesting. An amount a whole group would have to put effort in to find. At the end you would get a hidden dragon to pop, hopefully ab epic fight and all the usual loot in the chest perhaps, obviously made divisible to the groups liking. 

Private slayings are an event unlike any other on Wurm, to change that to feel like "cheap" content, would be a loss I think. For new players with the ambition to slay a dragon thats the pinnacle, one of the best experiences to be had in game imo. Making them available like rifts though, just makes them like rifts. The whole private slaying experience gets lost and we have two rifts. 

• Like 5

If the uniques was such a breath taking hunting expereince and not just a RNG drive to rip off whales, especially on NFI, then Epic servers wouldn't have been left be swamped with uniques for a few years, even few at time on start town. No big and bad dragonslayers  thrill seekers went to kill them while in same time was getting killed on freedom that it showed up later in some post out there to be "questionable" and this is the last time i am going to mention that.  Not a fan of rifts personally but that thing would eliminate most of the conroversy around them and will give the players actually to have a chance with working towards scale/drake set, whatever unique thing in a meaningfull way other then being scalped on the market and then maybe this famous "get off your ass" and "hard work pays out" would start making sense.

I am not saying that the "rift" version is the best, but some players keep pushing  some aspects, which are the main reason in this kind of suggestion to exist in first place, to remain and effectivly nothing meaningfull gets changed

7 hours ago, Tor said:

If the uniques was such a breath taking hunting expereince and not just a RNG drive to rip off whales, especially on NFI, then Epic servers wouldn't have been left be swamped with uniques for a few years, even few at time on start town. No big and bad dragonslayers  thrill seekers went to kill them while in same time was getting killed on freedom that it showed up later in some post out there to be "questionable" and this is the last time i am going to mention that.

That's a false equivalence for a few different reasons. Groups from MR and JK were around to kill uniques and did a pretty good job of mopping up the bulk of them, but with the Epic mobs being harder and a lack of people/interest in going over there, they never finished the whole mop up. It's pointless to try and draw a comparison between two situations that are completely different for a multitude of reasons.

The longer we sit around and dish out false or bad info, throw around paranoid ramblings about exploits and complaining about things that already happened, the longer we spend away from trying to actually think of changes and solutions. Salt about past issues and experiences means ultimately nothing to the conversation of trying to work out a better system.

• Like 4

They eventually got killed after long time once there was "we might do something about epic or pvp"

Drawing a conclusion that the greed and not challenging hunting experience is the main factor for whoever want the status quo to remain about the current unique status. You mentioning epic home server with a epic skill curve being a challenge  as a reason not doing it just reinforce my point, even tho it's different cluster the callenge even tho easier to do on epic still remains. Isn't that the thing you want to remain?

I was actually stating my reason why i support this suggestion even tho i don't like it much and in other post why point system could make sense, that's actually talking on the subject with actual reason and not just stating i agree or disagree because "multitude reason" or "few different reasons" . it's not a salt as it doesn't affect me personally, but is just one aspect to consider when something is designed

1 hour ago, Tor said:

They eventually got killed after long time once there was "we might do something about epic or pvp"

Drawing a conclusion that the greed and not challenging hunting experience is the main factor for whoever want the status quo to remain about the current unique status. You mentioning epic home server with a epic skill curve being a challenge  as a reason not doing it just reinforce my point, even tho it's different cluster the callenge even tho easier to do on epic still remains. Isn't that the thing you want to remain?

I was actually stating my reason why i support this suggestion even tho i don't like it much and in other post why point system could make sense, that's actually talking on the subject with actual reason and not just stating i agree or disagree because "multitude reason" or "few different reasons" . it's not a salt as it doesn't affect me personally, but is just one aspect to consider when something is designed

Read what I said again, but regardless I'll go over it fresh.

• Epic mobs are TOUGHER. Significantly so. This isn't something the skill curve can do much for given the primary things that matter like body stats DO NOT CURVE.
  • I didn't say the challenge was due to a skill curve. Please read the post again. The challenge comes from a lack of players, a lack of interest in coming there, and the lack of players drives into lacking the ability to gear up most of who comes over.
  • The Epic slays that have been done for the last year or so have been driven by anything but greed so please actually consider learning the situation before you speak ill of players. I'll even outline both groups motivations:
  1.  JK is the group currently ran by Scooter. Scooter wrangled people together by inviting them over and offering to try and give them the little bits of spare gear around that they have and seeing if they can possibly get others to make them the gear if it was needed. Everyone was free to keep their scale or blood, but handing it in meant others in the kingdom could get theirs fast tracked if they had an additional role as things like tanking, finding, kiting ect. Scooter and a few others live primarily on Epic and choose to stay there because that's where they're established and enjoy their time.
  2. MR was legit just there for the fun of it and just to try and clear down the alive uniques on Niarja. Group invited them over and offered some basic gear that they had and could make, and they killed them, just handing the scale back over for those who do actually actively play and stay on Epic even though it wasn't required or requested by the hosts.

Epic doesn't have a magic "spawn gear" button and the player count that's active struggles there. The ability to gear up those groups and anyone else who comes along has always been slow and they try their best. All these posts do is try and smear a group using information that's either incorrect or just total guesswork and is ultimately part of many reasons why these threads get nowhere. The short version is congrats, you've just tried to smear folks like Stanlee and others who actively offer out unique slays on Epic. The fact you use devs words on Epic's future just paints the picture perfectly as ultimately Epic is doomed and anything done in the future is likely to include a full reset and that's something I know a good chunk of Epic players aren't bothered by.

Uniques are harder on Epic. The skill curve does very little to help that fact. Massive groups are required on Epic to slay uniques. Stop spreading misinformation that you have no real idea on and ultimately driving these threads further into fruitless chatter. I can face tank a dragon with my gear on Freedom without a massive amount of hassle and have done a few times. On Epic, I got triple tapped in 15 seconds with similar gear. Here's the info that's correct and can be backed up by others. Use it as you will. If you've not been there to face a dragon, it's easy to think that the Epic curve would make a unique there easier, but the reality is exactly the otherwise. The MR slay group was mostly the big accounts from Release, and even then they had to have a full count of them and actively there to be able to even try and get the fight going, and that's not including the fact they still needed the backup of the main Epic residents in MR to help.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

I am going to repeat it again, i mentioned epic as a example of how challenging hunting experience wasn't attractive enough for anyone to bother to gather a group AT THAT TIME AND FOR A LONG TIME and in contrast easy peasy hassle free slaying on freedom because of the loot/greed and not challenging hunting expereince. And mentioned the Epic skill curve in terms of more easy to obtain a gear for a whole group not obtain 90 body strenght. But i understand it doesn't fit exactly in the same context in your narrative.

Every time there's dev's mentioning on Epic, there's little spike in interest and some of the players interested in preparing/doing something on epic, or uniques being killed.Nothing to do with this current new possible epic future. I guess this is me, spreading misinformation.

Pretty lame how you mange to to translate this simple statement into me smearing someone else.It's truly amazing. I guess it's you the only one that really cares, I will give you the W so you don't have to give yourself like the last time, feel free to feel good about yourself, i guess.

Ok, Tor, enough please. I get what you're saying, and while i appreciate your involvement the point your making is not part of our current discussion and only serves to send us sidetracked. If you have suggestions to improve upon current mechanics or add new mechanics that benefits bringing uniques to our community at large please share them.

Aldurair, please read through the thread. While I originally suggested being like a rift, it's more a matter of getting the discussion going and keeping it going until something is ultimately done by the Dev's. I agree we don't necessarily need another rift. I also agree that private slayings can be magical experiences however, it doesn't serve the community with the current game mechanics surrounding uniques/legendaries. If you have suggestions, please add them here as thats what I'd really like to see this thread be.

So far, the best suggestions i've seen are dragon hoards from archaeology (maybe we can get map fragments that show a location of a possible hoard?), Having dragon eggs found randomly in the wildness, I really like this idea.

I'd like to put forth archaeology as suggested above to find ancient nests that have unhatched eggs as a contender, or even summoning items from high difficulty treasure maps so instead of the hitch of just having spawning dragons they could be found more frequently to both cut down on the value of their drops and make them accessible to everyone. I would also like to see uniques not be pennable. If you find it you got to kill it then and there or hold it off until you can. I would absolutely love to see uniques have a CR based off how many people are there. Make it far more difficult for smaller groups and easier for larger groups. Have hide not be based off how much there is but give each player involved, leaching or otherwise a .25kg piece every time along with a blood or two. Theres so many options we could suggest, what ones do ya'll like best?

• Like 1

It's a pity you don't appreciate my support for your suggestions and see my reasons why i support it as side track. Good luck with getting someone else to disagree with the current status quo and getting your stuff you want from uniques without splashing the cash or before the end of this decade.

3 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

I agree we don't necessarily need another rift. I also agree that private slayings can be magical experiences however, it doesn't serve the community with the current game mechanics surrounding uniques/legendaries.

If the community enjoy the magical experiences in private slaying, how come it doesn't serve the community with the current game mechanics surrounding uniques/legendaries?

People gonna need to ask the devs the intention of making a unique hunting mechanic. Which part of community are u targetting since this is a mechanic require people who are willing to put a decent amount of efforts?

Are u still willing to talk about turning it to rift or move on to turn it to archaeology?

Edited by Coach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tor said:

It's a pity you don't appreciate my support for your suggestions and see my reasons why i support it as side track. Good luck with getting someone else to disagree with the current status quo and getting your stuff you want from uniques without splashing the cash or before the end of this decade.

Brining up epic and it's specialized situation doesn't help. This is more about the mechanic at large because it is and has been broken for a long time. This thread is to brainstorm a replacement that better fills that place.

1 hour ago, Coach said:

If the community enjoy the magical experiences in private slaying, how come it doesn't serve the community with the current game mechanics surrounding uniques/legendaries?

People gonna need to ask the devs the intention of making a unique hunting mechanic. Which part of community are u targetting since this is a mechanic require people who are willing to put a decent amount of efforts?

Are u still willing to talk about turning it to rift or move on to turn it to archaeology?

The devs know it's a broken mechanic/system, its needed to be fixed for the last decade and it just hasn't been because the people who make money off these events don't want it changed, and the community at large don't truly benefit from private slayings short of knowing somebody or extremely rarely getting the chance to find one of the uniques yourself that one of the big hunting groups hasn't. I am absolutely willing to look at and talk about any suggestions that relate to unique mechanics going forward no matter how I feel about the current system. Is it really so magical for the community at large if only a "privileged" few are able to attend such events? Would it not be more enjoyable if such things could happen a little more commonly or fairly to everyone? It would be nice to see changes, I may not know what it needs but thats why we have a discussion about it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blacklotus said:

The devs know it's a broken mechanic/system, its needed to be fixed for the last decade and it just hasn't been because the people who make money off these events don't want it changed

Of course it makes sense, it won't change if the people u are talking about are the devs.

If the people u are talking about are the normal players which exclude the players who are also the devs, are u trying to say the people who make money off these events don't want it changed hold the power behind the throne?

What are u trying to say?

How did u know the devs havent fix this system because the people who make money off these events don't want it changed?

Edited by Coach

39 minutes ago, Blacklotus said:

The devs know it's a broken mechanic/system, its needed to be fixed for the last decade and it just hasn't been because the people who make money off these events don't want it changed,

This is a wild and insolent conspiracy rant, and an injust insult and accusation towards the devs and parts of the community.

The players searching and hunting uniques hold no more power over the decisions of the devs and the company than the rest, except due to their experience in dealing with uniques. They are in no way a closed cabal of conspirators, but vary like every other part of the community. For most of them. the reward is limited, even on NFI. Far not all uniques are dragons or drakes, tomes do not always drop, and an average gain of a few gold (few hundred silver) divided among the participants may make up for the efforts, but is not considerably more than with other intense activities in Wurm. It is not "making money" but gaining things of value in ingame currency.

As to the mechanic, it is not broken, it is working. You may disapprove the ways it does, but it works. And also the hunting and claiming etiquette is working, and in no ways overly complicated: Spot a unique, do any activity logged  on the server as listed, like digging up, mining, surface mining, felling a tree etc. (this is to prove the claim in case of challenge, not to constitute it), and the claim lasts until logout or the unique being penned on a deed. That is, basically, all.

And the devs did a lot since uniques appeared first, and uniques have undergone quite a number of changes. They were breedable for quite a time, and there may still be eggs around. The spawn mechanic was changed too, as far as I know.

The main problem with uniques nowadays is a NFI and cluster separation problem rather than a unique problem.

There are 2 camps, part of players don't want changes, part does want changes.

Without analyzing the reasoning behind either of the sides and to stay on topic, few options come to mind.

Announcing uniques spawning in chat/antisocial media/website/discord

1: do announce

2: don't announce

Marking the location of the unique or its original spawn point with a beam:

1: do mark it

2: don't mark it

Loot splitting:

1: split a set amount between number of slayers

2: split a set amount of loot between people in local

3: distribute the hide/scale by a set amount to everyone in local (for example everyone gets a set 0.05kg of material, regardless of number of people fighting the unique)

4: distribute the loot to everyone on server, like the ritual rewards do, allowing to claim it for 24h from slaying, similarly to global cast reward sleep bonus

Unique rules:

claiming ownership of the unique as is seems to be leading to bulk of the animosities.

1: Leave the rules as they are, admittedly, open to misinterpretation due to language barrier and such.

2: Remove the rules and replace them with systemic solution, much like was done with the highway system.

Spawn frequency:

1: Reduce even further

2: leave as is

3: make them more common

Most of the points above would affect a lot of aspects of the game (and already do) from friendships to economy to enjoyment of the product as whole.

Without leaning towards either of the options, those are the areas which nearly warrant separate discussions.

Announcing the uniques for example evens out the playing field for people who spend most of their play time on other projects but it hurts people who can and do spend a lot of time searching for them. It's a choice being made between punishing/rewarding one group of players for the benefit or at the cost of the other group.

Person A: I spend all my time running around the world, looking for a dragon, i should be rewarded for that.

Person B: I spend all my time building the highways so that you can run around the world and look for things, i should be rewarded for that.

...and so on

I don't think there is a solution which would make everyone happy but there might be one which would make majority happy.

The main issue here is that nobody really knows what majority of players would like to see in game. All we know is what few vocal and active on the forums people want (from both sides of the fence).

If some of the options were given up for voting in the existing /poll system in game, staff would get a much better view of what players want, than from the forums which are used by a fraction of players affected by this and even less of them being active.

8 hours ago, Ekcin said:

-snip-

Ekcin just because a broken clock is right twice a day doesn't make it not broken. If you're truly content with the current mechanics as they are, that's fine. I'm glad for you. If this is supposed to be end-game community content (pointing at the description given in our last newsletter), and only a privileged few are able to enjoy it because of the way things are currently, and you don't consider that broken, then there is nothing left to discuss.

Do I think Devs are influenced by players who don't want things changed, I do. Not out of some cabal reasoning but simple put, every time a discussion about legendary or uniques comes up, it's side-tracked and utterly upended, generally by the folks who do profit from them staying "as is". If the players who do the majority of dragon hunting are also the most vocal about it staying the same, who are you going to listen to?

Are the devs dragon hunters? who knows other than them?

I just think everyone should have a more fair and equal chance to enjoy the endgame content for Wurm. I don't find the current system fair or equal so say what you will. I'm sorry if that offends you, but ultimately, it's where I'm at.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blacklotus said:

I just think everyone should have a more fair and equal chance to enjoy the endgame content for Wurm. I don't find the current system fair or equal so say what you will.

If u are looking for a more fair and equal chance to enjoy, that mean u may not looking for a fair and equal chance to enjoy, otherwise u wont choose the word more. More fair Vs fair are two different concepts.
The word more make me feel u are trying to compare now and the future. The future doesnt have to be fair but the future have to be more fair than now.
If this endgame content is more fair compare to now, then u can accept that its okay to be an unfair system?
Thats what i am getting from u.
Do u think the rift is a fair system?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Locath said:

Thanks, Locath, very good points, but just a few comments.

There are 2 camps, part of players don't want changes, part does want changes.

Then I do not belong to any "camp". I am not against changes, but against upending the current system. Most important for me is the existence of public slayings, therefore the penning, and also the existence of private slayings as a prerequisite, as far as there cannot be public slayings without private ones.

I am against announcing or marking, that will do no good.

I have no real idea about sensible changes of loot splitting, the proposals made seem unconvincing. Most are made from a narrow NFI perspective. But shaping mechanics according to the recent cluster blockade will damage Wurm as a whole.

Spawn frequency may be increased somewhat temporarily for NFI, as a bandaid as long as cluster merge cannot be performed for technical reasons. Removing the obstacles for that should be highest priority  parallel or only bit second to implementation of exploration part 2 and 3.

18 hours ago, Locath said:

The main issue here is that nobody really knows what majority of players would like to see in game. All we know is what few vocal and active on the forums people want (from both sides of the fence).

The survey I quickly put together based on your post supports this point.

Still, some change is needed, and a points based system might be the least objectionable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

The survey I quickly put together based on your post supports this point.

Still, some change is needed, and a points based system might be the least objectionable.

This is what I've been saying since the start of all this. 

Every man, woman, and bearshark can say "the current system has major flaws" but ultimately fixing that has almost as many "solutions" as people giving ideas. 

The core "desire" is to eliminate one group being able to dominate all, and they only way they do that is through timing, coordination, and effort. It's not a situation where strength snowballs into dominance or anything (having scale or hide does not make you better at hunting legendary creatures), it's just understanding the systems, which means those systems need to change. 

this is going to sound controversial, but hear me out. Private slayings are NOT a problem, it is up to each and every person who finds one as to what they want to do with it, the problem is the same small group finding them consistently. 

One person finding a unique and arranging their circle to kill it is fine, it's how the system is supposed to work. If that person or circle is finding them all, then that's where the issue becomes a matter of the haves vs have-nots, and I don't think a communal slaying fixes that, it just waters it down so much its inconsequential, but all fun is lost from it.

My honest solution would be to introduce scale and hide through other means, utilise drakespirits or another similar creature to create a system like rift scouts, something strong solo players or small groups can do to earn a little bit of scale and hide through regular gameplay and encourage roaming and active hunting, and remove reliance on this material from public slayings that would take ~500 or so to get a full set. 

Additionally, change how legendary creatures spawn, both through timings and locations. It's not "bad" to know where and when they spawn, but it does mean that the knowledge gets the advantage, which is what we want to address. (hell, create a trigger for it, bashing lairs, killing creatures, stepping on a tile, mining meteors, something players can do to contribute without knowing the details) 

Once you remove the systems that can be used to advantage, you level the playing field in hunting, meaning those who actively want to hunt still get the thrill of it, and the system is fairer across the board. 

When a unique is found, that's up to the person what to do with it, I don't think forcing public slayings is good for anyone other than the people who put no effort into hunting and just want to show up at x time and get some loot. Make the system friendlier for those who wish to find them and level the playing field for all, then empower them to decide what to do with it

• Like 5

On 10/29/2022 at 7:42 AM, Archaed said:

Public messages caused the hunting groups to find them even faster, I enjoyed the private slayings so +1 to them coming back 

Pretty sure changing this caused over 2 years of private slaying by a single group that eventually got banned for map hacking, since no else could tell anything was out there but them. I have no idea if such things still occur,  but personally I enjoyed the announcements and knowing something was out there...and if i worked hard enough, i could find something worthwhile!

Edited by Rocklobster
typo
  • Like 2

Let us not exaggerate. That group monopolized private slayings for bit more than eleven months, half of them carrying all or nearly all uniques on SFI, profiting from a temporary absence (or nearly full absence) of the head GM. When observing the slaying teams during the times before and after (sadly the demise of Niarja makes analysis harder nowadays) I fail to see a single group of slayers. I do not wonder that most of them are long time players as it needs some experience to spot uniques. And we had the announcement debate. I fail to see that announcements would change anything towards the better.

7 hours ago, Archaed said:

This is what I've been saying since the start of all this. 

Every man, woman, and bearshark can say "the current system has major flaws" but ultimately fixing that has almost as many "solutions" as people giving ideas. 

The core "desire" is to eliminate one group being able to dominate all, and they only way they do that is through timing, coordination, and effort. It's not a situation where strength snowballs into dominance or anything (having scale or hide does not make you better at hunting legendary creatures), it's just understanding the systems, which means those systems need to change. 

this is going to sound controversial, but hear me out. Private slayings are NOT a problem, it is up to each and every person who finds one as to what they want to do with it, the problem is the same small group finding them consistently. 

One person finding a unique and arranging their circle to kill it is fine, it's how the system is supposed to work. If that person or circle is finding them all, then that's where the issue becomes a matter of the haves vs have-nots, and I don't think a communal slaying fixes that, it just waters it down so much its inconsequential, but all fun is lost from it.

My honest solution would be to introduce scale and hide through other means, utilise drakespirits or another similar creature to create a system like rift scouts, something strong solo players or small groups can do to earn a little bit of scale and hide through regular gameplay and encourage roaming and active hunting, and remove reliance on this material from public slayings that would take ~500 or so to get a full set. 

Additionally, change how legendary creatures spawn, both through timings and locations. It's not "bad" to know where and when they spawn, but it does mean that the knowledge gets the advantage, which is what we want to address. (hell, create a trigger for it, bashing lairs, killing creatures, stepping on a tile, mining meteors, something players can do to contribute without knowing the details) 

Once you remove the systems that can be used to advantage, you level the playing field in hunting, meaning those who actively want to hunt still get the thrill of it, and the system is fairer across the board. 

When a unique is found, that's up to the person what to do with it, I don't think forcing public slayings is good for anyone other than the people who put no effort into hunting and just want to show up at x time and get some loot. Make the system friendlier for those who wish to find them and level the playing field for all, then empower them to decide what to do with it

Actually, i agree with most of it and it's start of thinking in right direction.

6 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Let us not exaggerate. That group monopolized private slayings for bit more than eleven months, half of them carrying all or nearly all uniques on SFI, profiting from a temporary absence (or nearly full absence) of the head GM. When observing the slaying teams during the times before and after (sadly the demise of Niarja makes analysis harder nowadays) I fail to see a single group of slayers. I do not wonder that most of them are long time players as it needs some experience to spot uniques. And we had the announcement debate. I fail to see that announcements would change anything towards the better.

Even without announcement, i am assuming you know when the next dragon would spawn on your server, roughly,and you won't even bother putting a "hard work" searching for it if you wanna find one untill time have come. How do you know this, is it because your personally figured it out or someone told you to check a third party site for the last kill on server and in what time they are roughly spawn, or it was burried somewhere on the forum? Why no one else should know this or why does it have to be someone else or a third part site have to be telling players this?

Possible conspiracy theory and misinformation:

Spoiler

Double price increase on SFI for drake,scale and bloods was caused by them and it still remains.

Could it work if uniques would give less resources the less people are fighting? lie if small group goes they get each only 0.01 kg but 30 people go and everyone gets 0.03 example with a limit of course. maybe even so that alts doesnt work or atleast players under same ip or something?

Not so good idea. IP check would just encourage VPN usage, or discriminate families, student dorms and the like, and place more burden on GMs. Also, unique drops are not just hide and scale.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1