Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

It's that time of year again.... Halloween Returns to Wurm Online!

10 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

No black friday sales?

still a month until black friday

• Like 4

i have tried to do the update four times and it keeps failing

22 minutes ago, Larry said:

i have tried to do the update four times and it keeps failing

Where does it get stuck for you?

it was failing at 99.99% but it completed on the 6th try

Spooky practice boar doll rules! I wisht to keep it as variant. :D

No premium gift this year?

Edited by Xagru
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Bonus skillgain and affinity chance has changed to 20%. Happy grinding!

thank you ❤️

21 minutes ago, Ryaanna said:

No premium discount?

It's not black friday

No Halloween visuals?  Or am I not getting them for some reason?  I made sure that event visuals is selected in settings.

7 hours ago, Larry said:

it was failing at 99.99% but it completed on the 6th try

Good that it finally did, and regrets for your troubles. I had that in the past on one of my boxes which has some spurious memory issues (crc problems I assume). This update went smoothly on all four.

Btw, thanks @Stinboi

Edited by Ekcin

1 hour ago, Hypatia said:

No Halloween visuals?  Or am I not getting them for some reason?  I made sure that event visuals is selected in settings.

Could it be that your setting for Graphics -> Special Event Visuals is not checked?

6 hours ago, Madnath said:

It's not black friday

Why not every bigger date? why not get more people in the game?

Edited by Ryaanna

when the update happened i experienced around 8 crashes each one coming after a massive lag spike i think on my end, might have been my virus protection not liking what was happening, the third crash caused my launcher to go through an update sequence but still had problems until i turned off the graphics on the launcher. i got very frustrated with it and went to bed afterwards. each crash did come with one of those oh no crash reports but i have no idea how to read them nor do i know where top locate them. I have yet to log on today due to a rl issue i am experiencing(stupid car theif) and will report if it is still happening then

Cheers for the boar practice dolls!

It's the first time I've ever seen them so they must've been created new for this event.  Nice work, art dev team!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Could it be that your setting for Graphics -> Special Event Visuals is not checked?

As I said, I checked that already.  Checked and double checked inside and out of game.  It's checked. :P

I just logged into the game again and now the visuals are there. I'm not sure what happened.  I nothing changed since earlier today except time.  And yes, I quit and relaunched the game a couple of times after making sure I have Event Visuals checked this morning. Oh well, at least it's working now.

Edited by Hypatia

well i am not having fun in game because the game keeps crashing sometimes with crash reports and sometimes without, before yesterday i rarely maybe once every other month experienced crashing so something doesnt want to work properly for me :(

My client wouldn't update either. After a half dozen attempts, I just deleted the Jar files and then it worked fine.

• Like 1

I'm getting 3rd in a row pumpkin shoulder pad, somehow lower chance to get old items stick out more for me today

On 10/28/2022 at 12:06 PM, Ekcin said:

No black friday sales?

On 10/28/2022 at 3:03 AM, Madnath said:

Not 30% event as per usual? Why the lower rate?

Yee, this lies are terrible. Was 30% so dont know why pretend to increase it, when decrease it.

update my client is working properly again but i had to first verify files on steam then verify files on the launcher and download the latest java update to get back to proper playing so i am happy playing the game again

4 hours ago, Idlamn said:

Everyone is about a month early on that one not sure where the confusion there is coming from but Black Friday is at the end of November not October.

3 hours ago, ftoz said:

Yee, this lies are terrible. Was 30% so dont know why pretend to increase it, when decrease it.

2020 was 10%, we increased it to 30% in 2021 due to issues we had at the time but we never intended that to become the new permanent rate.  In the end we did decide to bump this years up a little to meet it in the middle between 2020 and 2021.

• Like 8

On 10/30/2022 at 3:06 AM, Darklords said:

Everyone is about a month early on that one not sure where the confusion there is coming from but Black Friday is at the end of November not October.

2020 was 10%, we increased it to 30% in 2021 due to issues we had at the time but we never intended that to become the new permanent rate.  In the end we did decide to bump this years up a little to meet it in the middle between 2020 and 2021.

Hope. Can't wait : >

Edited by Idlamn