Sign in to follow this  
Cecci

Xanadu down

I don't recall the last time it got disconnected... ?

Just now, Ayuna said:

I don't recall the last time it got disconnected... ?

Well, I don't either, does it matter in the current situation?

Xanadu went down for about an hour and twenty minutes. The cause was memory-related. As part of our upgrade in Java, we went with a newer memory management scheme. This happens to use more memory to provide better performance, but it was consuming too much memory. We scaled back to a previous management scheme and tuned the memory allotment to fix the issue and will continue to monitor the situation.

I'll make another post with these details and information on sleep bonus for the downtime in the next few days. I'd like to observe the server running for a full 48 hours before I do.

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Xanadu went down for about an hour and twenty minutes. The cause was memory-related. As part of our upgrade in Java, we went with a newer memory management scheme. This happens to use more memory to provide better performance, but it was consuming too much memory. We scaled back to a previous management scheme and tuned the memory allotment to fix the issue and will continue to monitor the situation.

I'll make another post with these details and information on sleep bonus for the downtime in the next few days. I'd like to observe the server running for a full 48 hours before I do.

So do we get 5h sleep bonus either way? Not sure if you will make the decision in 48h, or already have?

Edited by Rocklobster

7 hours ago, Rocklobster said:

So do we get 5h sleep bonus either way? Not sure if you will make the decision in 48h, or already have?

Yes. I'd just rather ensure we're stable again before giving it out. :)

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 7:25 AM, Keenan said:

Yes. I'd just rather ensure we're stable again before giving it out. :)

Keenan? It's been three days....

• Like 1

We will be giving out the sleep bonus during next Tuesdays reset on November 8th.

• Like 5