Sign in to follow this  
quasiwud

more detail from merchants

i think merchants need some attention

would be helpful to know what was  sold when someone buys. this would enable proper invintory management to provide what is needed at that market. would be even more helpful if you could know who was the buyer on the merchant so you could possibly establish further business arraingements.

throwing this out there as it seems if it is your merchant you could be able to communicate more detail on sales

• Like 8

yep 100% , i also mentioned a way to sell Armour as a set instead of individual pieces. that would be awesome.

Yea like inventory list it dont matter if its a list to look on the merchant but just so u can have better knowledge what ppl want or need, ill now this is far fetched but a request board, for 1 deed that has merchants, ofc it can cost like 5s something ill can think on that part, we need more to be able to write ingame insteed on forum and pms, but that my oppinion, as stated up here sounds good.

People leaving their orders on the merchant if desired item is not in the offer would be quite interesting 

10 hours ago, fossil said:

yep 100% , i also mentioned a way to sell Armour as a set instead of individual pieces. that would be awesome.

This would be really cool if when you sell sets/groups of items you could offer a discounted price for buying the whole lot together.

I don't care to know who the buyer was but it would be really nice to at least know which items sold and what the price was.

• Like 2

Should be able to change their gear/clothing/colors so they don't all look the same.

• Like 2

i feel that the devs could put together a massive update just with Merchant content. this is a huge area that could be looked at and improve the game trading even further for the better,

Yes please, this has been frustrating for some times.

Changes i want that is stated above is.
- More Statistic(which item is sold, also should be able to see last month/year and overall for this)

- Sell sets(not just armor but also a set of  tools etc, we need a merchant bag where we can combine items like we want)

- comments from buyer(can be used f. ex if they have a item request etc)

- Merchant perms(if more then one updating the market, it can be a pain)

- been able to dress up the merchants either from a selected merchant cloth only or by normal cloth/armor and change look.

I'd love an update to merchants that showed what was sold. It would be much easier than going through my lists to try to compare, but for now I guess we keep spreadsheets outside of wurm.

The idea of seeing who was shopping I don't love... It's cool if people want to window shop and not have to be worried about being bothered with sales calls, but some sort of statistics would be cool, like how many shoppers in 14 days.

Further, if we could treat the merchant inventory like any other container to sell items in sets or logical containers that would be great. A backpack of armor isn't unreasonable or game breaking. A satchel of sprouts would be awesome, a book with pages would be AMAZING. Please please make it so. Sure people use them as cheaper storage sometimes, but so what?

Dressing merchants I can get behind if it's not possible to recover the clothing from the merchant afterward. Otherwise you're just storing armor/clothing for later with no decay. Obviously let us try the outfit on them first to make sure it would look good before finalizing.

• Like 6

I agree to Seriphina. I would not like logs of my shopping. If there is a way to place wishes, orders, or comments, that might be a thing to make oneself known to the trader and its player if wanted. All for more diverse clothing and appearance, also extended inventory.

sobs in "yes please"

While we're on the subject, I'd love to be able to:

1.  to sort the merchant inventory in the manage merchant window
  2.  to see what was bought and at what price (as@Seriphinamentions - this can be done with spreadsheets, but it's clunky and cumbersome)
  3.  for a buyer to see the date and time that the merchant was last restocked
  4.  a built in Shop Sign that the merchant owner can choose the type and also rename - to give the buyer an idea what to expect without having to actually initiate a trade and page through the inventory
  5.  and yes, agree that I'd love an idea of how 'busy' a merchant is with 'X players have viewed the merchants goods in the last month'

I know we've had similar suggestions about mailboxes and logging COD exchanges - but that's much easier to track with a spreadsheet than trying to reconcile an unsorted list of things with my own spreadsheet.

Perhaps #2 might be an easy lift with the merchant sending a letter to the owner at midnight server time if and only if any goods were bought that day as a trade receipt.  So yes, I'd love to see merchants get a bit of love pls.  🤕

• Like 2