Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

recipe book tool

I'm making app with python that is inspired by the in-game cooking recipes book. The main goal I want is that all the recipes will be revealed. I'd like to get suggestions and feedback from you'll about this.

What do you like most about the current in-game recipe book?

What features do you wish the in-game recipe book had?

Please share the nameable recipes you know. Two examples of namable recipes are 

Spoiler

bear shark burger or herb dumplings. 

Note, affinity generation is more complicated and isn't something I'll do at this point. I know how to generate affinities. The problem is turning that how into a GUI program that's pleasant to use.

project code: Jase2z/PyWurmRecipes (github.com)

progress pic so far:

Spoiler

8qC9CmX.png

• Like 2

oh this is a cool project. I really wish the ingame recipe book let us search recipes by which skill it used.

I'm inspired by the search tools in Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead, aka CDDA.  There are search tools for filtering inventories and crafting recipes. For example:

• all recipes that use the can sealer tool>   t:can sealer
  • all items that are in TOOLS category>  "c:tools"
  • all recipes that require tailoring at level > p:tailoring, l:5 .... Yep, you can use multiple filters together.
  • all items that are not cotton material> -m:cotton .... Yep, negative to exclude a filtered selection of item/recipes.

There is so much flexibility in it and it's just a single line of text. When it comes to this recipe book project, here are a few I've thought of:

f:  is cooker or furance
c:  is container
i:  is ingredient
s:  is skill
n:  is creation type, time/heat/create
m:  is recipe name

A lot of those are already in the in-game book, but here I'd strive to be able to use any number of them together.  Now I haven't done any of that. Truthfully, I haven't touched this as I thought no one cared about it.

Edited by joedobo
Emoji's are swapping out my filter tool examples.