Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

We Want To Hear From YOU!

Hello all!

Community feedback is key for us, but it’s often difficult to keep track of all the suggestions players make and what the community thinks of them. The forums are great for discussions but not so much for discerning the popularity of an idea. To solve that, we are going live with a new website: https://suggestions.wurmonline.com.

This is not a replacement for the forums, as suggestions should still begin here, but the forum discussion should be kept to feedback and constructive criticism about the suggestions themselves. Once a suggestion has been fleshed out on the forums, it can be posted on the Suggestions board for voting purposes. While I strongly recommend that suggestions have a corresponding forum thread, it is not a requirement.

There are a few things I would like to note:

• You must register, but you will remain anonymous to the public when voting or submitting suggestions.
  • Your suggestion will be reviewed by a member of the development team and approved so long as it’s not a duplicate or violating our rules. See https://wurm.gg/rules for more information.
  • There are no downvotes.
  • Comments are disabled. All discussions of a suggestion should take place on the forums.

The best part about this new site is the Roadmap feature. Simply click on Roadmap at the top, and once suggestions have been added to it, you’ll be able to see their status in our development pipeline.

We’re trying out this new tool, and I’m hopeful it will help the community guide us as we continue improving Wurm Online.  We may tweak or adjust how it works going forward, to better serve that aim.

I am looking forward to seeing what we can build together!

Happy Wurming!

Edit: I always forget something!

I want to set some expectations around the lifecycle of a suggestion.

• Suggestions will live in the Open state for at least a week before being put into Under Review.
  • Once in Under Review, it may take at least a week to make a determination.
  • If accepted, we will mark it as Planned and it will show up on the Roadmap.
  • If not accepted, it will be moved to Closed and a comment will be added explaining why we rejected the suggestion.

As mentioned above, this will be subject to change as we tweak the process!

Edited by Keenan
I forgot something important!
  • Like 27

Just wrote out one suggestion, upon submitting i don't see it. Is this something that was lost or is that the "reviewd by a member of the development team and approved"? As it's not clear which happened. 

Edited by Archaed

13 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Your suggestion will be reviewed by a member of the development team and approved

• Cat 1

2 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Just wrote out one suggestion, upon submitting i don't see it. Is this something that was lost or is that the "reviewd by a member of the development team and approved"? As it's not clear which happened. 

Did you register? I don't see a pending post, so I don't think it went through.

Default: Dark Theme. My programmer brain approves :D . Submitted a suggestion. Not to sure how to see the one I submitted, but can still get to the url. 

5 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Did you register? I don't see a pending post, so I don't think it went through.

Yeah, it just disappeared. I re-wrote it and now get the pending message. Not sure what happened

Glad to see this, hope some good stuff comes out of it!

On 4/26/2022 at 9:23 PM, Keenan said:

With regards to conducting a poll, one thing I've asked of the development team is to dust off the in-game voting mechanic and figure out a way to deduplicate votes from alts to have a more fair and accurate account of what the player base wants. I do not want a person with more money or silver to weigh more heavily than a person who simply keeps a single account going, so it's important to me to get that right. This isn't our highest priority at the moment, with the coming update taking precedence.

This new website seems like a start to there.

Hey I made this suggestion a year ago and used Runescape as an example and Retro got confused

Just a note, I've updated the original post with some expectations about the lifecycle of a suggestion.

• Like 2

So while voting here is great, the forums are only a small part of the player base and can seriously get it wrong, for the vast majority of Wurm players.  Creating a new Suggestions Forum is probably not a great idea, as it will probably be just a portion of the people from here that sign up for it and use it, so you now have an even smaller sampling of the Wurm population.  I for one don't want YET ANOTHER web page to log into and repeatedly check for wurm related stuff.  Every login I make is yet another bit of personal data I have to stick out there for a data breach.

So I'll probably just voice my suggestions here and opinions here.

Best thing about this thread is the mention of Roadmaps.  TYTY!  Hopefully I'll be able to see those updates as links within the forums here and not get blocked by a signin requirement.

If you REALLY want to reach the player base, make it part of the UI and have a popup on login that direct users to a new suggestion for voting, or new roadmap release.  Yes, you have an issue of wealthy players voting their 20 prem accounts, but honestly, that is still far better than the forums sampling you will get, which would be far more unbalanced.   I'll PM you a thought I have that may help illustrate my point.

• Like 9

Not sure why a registration requires name. Is that real name, will it be checked? So far, Wurm waived any check of player identity, left that to the payment process thoroughly kept out of the reach of Wurm company.

Get me right, it is not general mistrust, but I am hesitant to leave traces anywhere on the internet (which is why I shun the Google, Facebook, Twitter and similar mafias).

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but i'm a bit confused abous this system.

You always stressed out the fact, in the suggestions subforum that it wasn't important to just +1 stuff, and that accurate feedback and explaining what we liked or not about a certain suggestion was important.

And this new systems, that feels way more like a replacement than an addition, aims to really just turn everything into that, which we should have always try to avoid?

Let's also add that:

- Forum is subject to constant scrutiny from everyone, one cannot just easily make new, fake accounts and +1 his stuff without it looking obvious and ridiculous, while creating anonymous accounts and spamming upvotes here looks like a cakewalk.
- There is no way to specify if we like something but not something else about a certain suggestion.
- There is no way to say how important we think is important a suggestion is, one might just like an idea but also not think it's a priority, like i felt like writing several times on the forum.
- As someone else pointed out above, it requires new account, so probably filters down the partecipating pool of players, shrinking it even more.

- Finally, i'll just go into a bit deeper but even more worrying meta: One could just (intentionally or not) suggest something in a poor way, like presented with poor explaination or in an obnoxious way, and that would be it for that suggestion, as duplicates aren't allowed, we get to stick with the first but poor version of it because it's not possible to duplicate or improve upon it?...

Edited by Davih
  • Like 11

I think this is a fantastic move Keenan. May I suggest some kind of In-game announcement as well at a particular stage of the process cycle?

Like an announcement along the lines of "Have your say! vote on what updates you would like to see the most! #Link to suggestions webpage# You can only upvote suggestions you want. For further information #Links this topic#"

• Like 1

On the topic of we want to hear from you can we please already update the "Copyright © 2019 Code Club AB - Terms and Conditions" on the website? It is minor but it shows if the thing is being maintained or not.

As for the suggestion website itself, this kinda style works for games like satisfactory BECAUSE it encourages and allows discussion on the topics making this not be a thing makes it a useless piece thats worse then the heart react button on the forums here.

I don't like it because there's so many variation of pretty much same goal/suggestion and retrospectivly seen just lead to bad decision. Heartland and rumble first thing that comes to my mind

If you manage to do ingame option, that would be great

• Like 1

I think that listening to the community is great, so I really, really wanted to like this idea.

Unfortunately though, I don't. And that's mainly because I really don't understand the need of yet another site to check and of yet another account to create.

Why not just add it as a forum plugin that would use our already existing accounts? Or, even better, why not tie it to our in-game account?

I remember you mentioned that you guys are working at an account system... maybe return to that, actually complete it and then use that unified login for everything (shop, forum, suggestions, whatever)?

Now don't get me wrong... I do appreciate the intention... I just think the implementation is far from optimal.

• Like 4

I feel Ike having no downvotes is a bad idea.  A suggestions can have 400 likes and 50000 views, but how do you know those other 49500 visitors were neutral and instead disliked the suggestion but couldn’t be counted.

plenty of idea here I don’t like but I can’t vote down, and posting a reply saying how bad it is can be construed as harassment, seen it before here.

add downvoting otherwise imho what is the point.

I don’t even like the idea of having ANOTHER website to visit yet I can’t downvote this thread, and reading my post I’m typing it seems very negative.  A simple downvote could have sufficed.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 7

Will our data be collected, analyzed, and/or shared, either now or in the future?

• Like 1

Great idea! Is there a way to add tags or categories or something to filter suggestion types? This is going to be a very long list to scroll through.

Also wondering where I can see the suggestions I've made that are waiting for moderation.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for making a neutral site like this, with no option to downvote or criticize! Personally, I like to order by newest first, so that I do not miss out on great suggestions, that for some random reason did not get selected by the algorithm to show up first. Atm I have to change from trending to newest every time, could you make it so that it can remember my choise please? :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

I feel Ike having no downvotes is a bad idea.  A suggestions can have 400 likes and 50000 views, but how do you know those other 49500 visitors were neutral and instead disliked the suggestion but couldn’t be counted.

It is very bad idea.

• Like 2

Nice idea, I submitted a few that have been kicked around alliance for a while. Hopefully some of them come true!