Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: What's To Come (Part Three)

Which Exploration Update Pt 2 feature are you most looking forward to?!  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Now that all features have been revealed, we wanna know which sounds the most exciting!

Additionally, if I choose, can I betray my "civilized" wurmians and join the goblin uprising? 

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

The cartography seems like a simple feature that create in-game map but the maps are useful in different gameplays, like playermade treasure hunt, event games, collection, decoration, puzzle solving, looting, etc.

The holy sites seems like a feature to gain skills quicker and gather the players to do sermons. And gossip in the local that inappropriate to talk in the global chats. And spread diseases.

The goblin camps just like another mob slaying. But the Rogue Goblin ambushing feature seems like a new experience of gameplay that other mobs slaying don't have. The goblin's faces look terribly ugly amazing. Time to put away the troll mask.

Edited by Coach

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

Goblin camps sound pretty fun.  It is really too bad that archery is a requirement though.  It just means another stack of equipment we need to carry around.  Most games I love being an archer, but I really REALLY dislike Wurm's version of it. 

This is intended for group combat so could get someone with archery skill in your group and still have fun doing what you can.

I'm so happy for content like this!

Any chance for some of the goblins to wander off? (or spawn extra for them to wander)

It would be cool if the areas were slightly more dangerous with the camps there.

"There are more goblins as of late, we should scout the woods for a goblin camp nearby." type stuff 😁

Edited by Soleil
  • Like 3

Now that’s hot

I want to say, I’ve played this game for nearly half my life and I’m at peak hope for the game. The communication, the passion, and the neat ideas coming is just not something the game is use to but has desperately needed. Thanks to all the dev team for realizing the approach needed reevaluation and taking action to make things awesome. ily u all ❤️

Edited by user
  • Like 7

Good time to add fireball to priest cast to make up for less archers .

Also any plan to add a way for players to be resd  if dying there ? 

Troll camps sound good .

Any ETA on this stuff ?

• Like 1

The first two didn't grab my interest but the goblin camps has piqued it somewhat, the realistic side of me says that some of their AI features are going to be frustrating but the idea of archery finally having a use on pve makes me happy

• Like 1

Cartography is something that I and others have wanted for a long time but the Goblin Camps are a Nice surprise :)

Although Goblins should also have donkeys :P 

IBMNAI4.jpeg

Goblin Donkey Farm 😮

This looks amazing! Definitely worth the wait, I'm so excited to try tackling these very soon.

It's great to see archery get a use on PvE servers, though I'd love to see an archery (and fletching!) overhaul someday to really enhance this. Archery could be a lot more fun than it currently is.

This thread has a few really nice (and easy to implement) QoL changes, maybe these could be packaged in the update as a start?

Also, this "bundle of arrows" improving idea is fantastic, and coupled with some other tweaks to archery would be really nice:

Archery is a colossal time investment to do compared to melee combat (or even combat using ranged spells!), and the crazy amount of time and resources required to use the skill could seriously do with an overhaul. It doesn't even have to do more damage than it currently takes, which would keep it balanced for PvP - just it shouldn't be so resource-intensive to do.

• Like 4

Rolfs idea finally came. I remember he told about goblin camps in Q&A long time ago

This is greate news and finally some good use for archery :D

But how rare would this camp be? can there be more then 1 up per server at the time?

I hope this is something you can just gather some friends and go out and do without to mutch planning and time consuming to find.

+1 Goblin Camps!
+1 Cartography! (shame I can't vote twice)

Long time ago I described idea of bandit camps that would increase their level if players didn't destroy them for too long... are goblin camps going to level up or just move to another location?

Could use some traps development for PvE use 😉

Edited by Darnok

Can't wait to try and solo one if no one is around.

Thise new goblins can be dominated, breed etc?

So only short bow viable or the perimeter is larger?

Please have another think about monsters deliberately targeting mounts.  I think this will put off a lot of players from engaging with the camps.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Muse said:

Please have another think about monsters deliberately targeting mounts.  I think this will put off a lot of players from engaging with the camps.

Gives horse armor a use on PVE, I'm all for it.

Don't use your best horse.

Loving the look of the expansion of the exploration update and I look forward to it.

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Muse said:

Can always travel there on your best horse, leave it somewhere safe hitched to a tent, and bring a low-quality battle horses to ride as sacrifice - which I don't think would be hard to do (just breed horses and use whatever you get at the camp)

• Like 1

Is there any small chance we might finally get to meet Granny Gobin at one of the camps? (She is the famed creator of such recipes as Horseburger and Chips, Tall Tail Sausage and Fishyfingers.)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Archaed said:

bow-lord-of-the-rings.gif

archery is underrated, this is going to be fun. 

It sure is!  :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Goblin camps sound pretty fun.  It is really too bad that archery is a requirement though.  It just means another stack of equipment we need to carry around.  Most games I love being an archer, but I really REALLY dislike Wurm's version of it.

YES. This does sound fun!!

I don't mind the equipment, but for the love of dog, PLEASE FIX ARCHERY NOW.  

Edit: And more uses for goblin skulls?? :) 

Edited by MordosKull

Goblin camps is a super idea and this kind of mid-level combat encounter has a lot of life and scope for Wurm, I think. Super pleased to see development going into this idea and I'm looking forward to the whole Exploration update. Great work dev team - I'm excited for the upcoming roll-outs!

There's a 'but' from my perspective on this one, though.

2 hours ago, Muse said:

Gotta say, this is the main thing that's gonna keep me clear of goblin camps I think. Favourite horse or not, I don't want to lead any mount into a slaughter and unmounted I know I'm much more likely to die myself if I get into trouble with no stamina left. Happy to see how they're implemented and how it plays out but this is the difference (for me) between this being the best and most exciting thing about the exploration update vs a thing that misses the mark and that in practice I'm not going to engage with as much as I'd really like to in its current form. Skill up another whole new skill tree? Sure thing. Horses squealing and dying everywhere and risking losing yet another mount any time I engage with one. Sadface, but nope, not for me.

Might be that engaging with these on foot is manageable with player camps nearby (similar to rift pens) to retreat and heal and a more cautious approach than I take for rifts given the lack of a mount, but I'm not going to be riding animals (or pets, but I avoid tamed animals for this reason anyway) into a multi-enemy camp with things specifically looking to target them. It was tbh the thing that drove me away from Wurm for a couple of years on one of my two earlier prolonged breaks back when mobs would target and cripple your horse all the time. One too many dead horses that I was fond of swiftly followed by 0-stamina deaths just killed my enjoyment of it, and I'll actively avoid anything that's likely to reintroduce that experience for me; it's a frustratingly powerless way to go down and get kicked while you're down and no fun.

Mount targeting concern aside, though? Goblin camps looks super cool! ❤️

Some of us have no fighting skill because that's not why we play.  This will make exploration a lot more difficult, for some. :(  I explore to see things.  Fighting anything is an inconvenience and annoying and just gets in the way of exploring.  How can you look at the views when you have to watch your back?

Edited by Hypatia

2 minutes ago, Hypatia said:

Some of us have no fighting skill because that's not why we play.  This will make exploration a lot more difficult, for some. :(  I explore to see things.  Fighting anything is an inconvenience and annoying and just gets in the way of exploring.  How can you look at the views when you have to watch your back?

13 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

These camps will spawn away from villages and the goblins will not attack you (nor can you attack them) unless you are within a few tiles of the perimeter of their camp. After some time with no one challenging them for too long in the current area, they may become bored and pack up camp to find a new location.

Just in case you missed this part

• Like 1

Just now, SmeJack said:

Just in case you missed this part

I did, thank you. :)  I still don't like it, but if it makes other people happy I can live with it.

• Like 1