Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

Wurm on a 4090 incase you wanna know

1. startup times are basically instant longest part is the handshake between server and client at the end
2. wurm shows it clearly that it has a bottleneck somewhere a rather interesting one
3. a3yqg0m.png
still got plenty of headroom but struggles to get past 140-180fps
4. at 5k resolution wurm is a pretty screensaver to have as a background with ui turned off without it impacting my other games now
5. both 1080 and 4090 show gpu utilization of around 30%(when it dips down so does fps)
6. can we please get the bottlenecks fixed so that we can see the true real fps the game can run at?
7. max fps for my priest setup 1285 in a really busy town unknown.png
8. is a 4090 worth it? well wanna run 40+ clients at 30+ fps non focused? then yes ❤️

That is all ❤️

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wipeout said:

1. startup times are basically instant longest part is the handshake between server and client at the end
2. wurm shows it clearly that it has a bottleneck somewhere a rather interesting one
3. a3yqg0m.png
still got plenty of headroom but struggles to get past 140-180fps
4. at 5k resolution wurm is a pretty screensaver to have as a background with ui turned off without it impacting my other games now
5. both 1080 and 4090 show gpu utilization of around 30%(when it dips down so does fps)
6. can we please get the bottlenecks fixed so that we can see the true real fps the game can run at?
7. max fps for my priest setup 1285 in a really busy town unknown.png
8. is a 4090 worth it? well wanna run 40+ clients at 30+ fps non focused? then yes ❤️

That is all ❤️

Heh, never considered running alts in 30+.  I can do 40 with background set to 5 though, on laptop with a 2k nvidia.  Bottleneck for that many alts is RAM all the way.  After about 12-15 alts (depending on my other running apps), Windows starts pushing RAM to disk (SSD), but I really don't notice much impact when that starts happening, other than crashes become slightly more likely.  However, that could simply be the odds increasing as clients increase, since each client has a built in "crash chance RNG" ;)

Also, thanks for mining rocks in Wurm, rather than alternate currencies in RL with it.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

with all these alts makes me wonder how many people really play this game sometimes

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Heh, never considered running alts in 30+.  I can do 40 with background set to 5 though, on laptop with a 2k nvidia.  Bottleneck for that many alts is RAM all the way.  After about 12-15 alts (depending on my other running apps), Windows starts pushing RAM to disk (SSD), but I really don't notice much impact when that starts happening, other than crashes become slightly more likely.  However, that could simply be the odds increasing as clients increase, since each client has a built in "crash chance RNG" ;)

Also, thanks for mining rocks in Wurm, rather than alternate currencies in RL with it.

I need more accounts to test the limit honestly with everything that i have on they still sit at 30 fps each so playable frame rate for all but i wonder what number i need to get to in order to need to set them to background fps to lower

2 hours ago, Jeston said:

with all these alts makes me wonder how many people really play this game sometimes

Quite a few tbf. Chaos is usually 1 actual player to 5 alts. 

2 hours ago, wipeout said:

I need more accounts to test the limit honestly with everything that i have on they still sit at 30 fps each so playable frame rate for all but i wonder what number i need to get to in order to need to set them to background fps to lower

Well, only the foreground alt (client Window) needs 30 or more FPS.  It isn't like you can actively do things in 2 clients at once, since you can only click in one window at a time.  I have them all mining or whatever at the same time, but most are just running off the action queue I set before switching to the next window.  Having the background set to more than minimum is just for heating up the room you are playing in, in RL.

• Like 1