Sign in to follow this  
christopher

new rifts

On 12/28/2022 at 1:56 AM, Aeris said:

I think you, as devs, overestimate how fun rifts are in proportion to the rewards you get for attending them.

They ceased being fun long before getting my current 83 out of a 100 needed for "Destinations Unknown". So much so that the thought of the alternative treasure chest goal seems better, despite still not getting a difficult treasure map, or getting any treasure map seeming to be rarer than chicken teeth.

Edited by Wulfmaer

well after all that i still like the old ways long rifts , used to have to get cotton mailed to me at a place near by when preists didnt show up and there was 4 people there and id run out , used to have to do things a lot of running around , now its to controlled ,i knew i was going to a 2 hr at least rift i knew it would take me 1 hr to get there and prob home ,u took the fun out of it changing to suit a few who didnt have the time or wanted to go to anyway ? , i no u disagree but they were more fun in the old days

On 12/26/2022 at 4:53 PM, Finnn said:

do you think any of that is balanced and "normal nonpriest" character have anywhere fair ground to get similar points to the mentioned imbalance of combat abilities, do we need alts or to buy casts(buffs) before the start of rifts to somewhat even the ground? 

Priests suffer penalties as accounts, so they excel in other areas this being one of them. That said i'll state again, there are features planned to provide non priests a way to get priest buffs. As for healing nerfs, damage points will encourage people not to ball up which is the primary reason LOF priests are so effective and that will get looked at again after the effect of the point system change is able to be seen on their point gains.

On 12/27/2022 at 3:07 AM, Ekcin said:

The problem for me and others now is that it is close to impossible, if you are not the top performer (meaning being a healing priest or tagging a lot) to get MM of ql 90+

MM ql allocation could use a relook, I can dial it down a bit initially. With the new point system we need to see how it shakes out as well so a second pass will need to happen.

On 1/2/2023 at 12:50 AM, Ekcin said:

I want to lead your attention to the problem of low participation rifts, especially under the new scheme

Damage points handle this. Making the assumption of 88 mobs at this rift and warmaster not killed. New system puts total distributable points over 650, which would let your top performers get up into the 200 range.

On 12/27/2022 at 6:56 PM, Aeris said:

I think you, as devs, overestimate how fun rifts are in proportion to the rewards you get for attending them.

Doing my best to work on that. There is a reward rework in flight to help address it that includes repeatable rewards that are desirable other than metallic liquid.

Thanks, jaytoo. Just to say, I regret a bit that Wulfmaer dislikes rifts, he was very active scouting in the past I was grateful for (and I sincerely wish him to complete the last 15 rifts for the journal). As to me, I never hid that I love rifts, so does a not so small number especially of younger players.

I understand Chris, in a way I loved the old rifts too, but admittedly I am happy e.g. for horse slaughter gone, the "new" (jackal arrival) warmaster (before he was terribly boring). Also, the add mechanic of the old rifts was terrible, single players running into the crowd, followed by maxadd mobs, often dragging them into the fighters, or into not penned hitches.

I am happy that you are doing so much, and listen to our rants. All the best for you and your work.

• Like 2

Hey I'm just here to say that I've noticed on the last few rifts they've been temporarily changing the area around them to the Jackal terrain textures - this is a really neat touch! Is there any chance this could keep its presence, while dropping the rift terrain deformation? It's turned many places into dirt-pocked bumpscapes, and I'm afraid if it continues any further the Pristine desert might set off people's trypophobia. In a game that so often has such beautiful terrain, it's a bizarre choice

• Like 3