Sign in to follow this  
Robus

Persistent Tomes AKA My Favorite Book

My Favorite Book, a short story

[10:15:48] You place a libram of the night.

Ok. Sweet. I got it.

Spoiler

WzmxXLf.jpg

[10:18:24] A black leather book with an etched silver owl, to be read by the wicked and twisted. It has one charge left.

Cool ok I meet the qualifications.

[10:50:58] You start using the libram of the night.

This book rules.

[10:51:07] You never thought that something could be this dark.. so.. vicious and hopeless..

Man, what a great book. This really makes a lot of sense.

[10:51:18] The libram of the night crumbles to dust.

Wtf…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember the last time you finished a book? Yeah neither do I.

What I do remember tho is that, upon completion of the book, it doesn’t just spontaneously crumble into dust like Inspector Gadget’s orders or a 12,000 year old Mesopotamian scroll or something.

Suggestion: Persistent tomes

This is an easy one. Just disable the “crumbles to dust” feature. After the last charge is used, the tome is unusable, but the item persists.

The result will be a persistent tome that you can’t use, but will be free to admire upon your digital bookshelf when you need a reminder of how impressive you are in a video game. Change the item name or something so a snake can’t finesse one of the new guys with a dead book. IDK. Yall can work out those deets.

The model is sick. The model for all the tomes are pretty sick. They tend to last about 20 seconds in game before they’re used tho. What a waste.

Tldr After I read the tome it doesn’t spontaneously combust it just becomes unusable so I can still have it around to look at. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Easy fix - get another one and put it on the shelf :P

Other than that: yes please!

Edited by Jaz

+1 if you read me the libram of the night every night when I go to bed

• Cat 1

+1 Because besides maybe fixing possible sploits this seems pretty easy to implement and doesn't really negatively impact anyone in anyway.

A used (insert tome here), it has 0 uses left.

Decorational only to fill out those bookshelves.

• Like 1

Sure, maybe call it glowing if it still has charges. Might be easier to avoid nefarious trades that way. 

Great idea.

The only concern is people buying one for big money.

I think the solution might be to create a new item that has the same model, but an entirely different name.

Dusty old book, for example.

Then when you examine it: "You can barely make out the faded letters of the title: L.br.m o..t.e ni.ht"

• Like 3